We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40

    Is the PVP on your server dead? (Survey)

    Elendilmir is basically dead 90% of the time

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    Elendilmir is basically dead 90% of the time
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced on the same server.

    What time are you logging in? I don't doubt that 90% of a subset of the time can be slow... but we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

    Even my Signature is trolling!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,731
    Seems to be about fifty fifty for me- usually hopping during us evenings thurs-sun. Often very dead mon-wen in the evenings.
    One thing that happens all the time now though freepside is rumor of creeps brings out everyone playing freep and their brother in law. But if no one sees creeps, or reports location, then everyone is kinda of scattered and the moors looks more empty than it really is.

    Seems like whenever the pendulum swings the outnumbered side falls into more mobile tactics. And one thing the creeps are superior at is moving their groups. Not just maps, but general movement and coordination. One or two are a little easier to anticipate, but lately they really getting good with flanks and maneuvering. Freepside....well it depends. Lot more greenies freepside these days.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    376
    My server is Crickhollow. At night - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. - there's no one online. But from 7 a.m. to about 10 p.m. there's always a zerg on either freep or creep side. The zerg often switches sides throughout the day. But even from 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening there's huge lulls in the fighting.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    My server is Crickhollow. At night - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. - there's no one online. But from 7 a.m. to about 10 p.m. there's always a zerg on either freep or creep side. The zerg often switches sides throughout the day. But even from 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening there's huge lulls in the fighting.
    There many quiet times on Crickhollow. have been online at 3 am for reset and there are always people running around. I was just on at 5 am on a Sunday morning and there were 2 creeps and at least 2 freeps. Often during those off times small fellows and solo players are doing pve some really good fights happen. The 1v1 that is not planned has always been fun for me.

  6. #6
    I'm from Vilya, which is pretty dead most of the time. A lot of Grams camping, lack of high ranks who have all moved on to other things in life, lack of leadership (a server can't function with 1-2 leaders), overall it's slow and inconsistent action 80% of the time imo, which results in people not logging in anymore, and transferring off the server, making it a vicious cycle. I believe ESO will lay the final blow for PVP on my server for a long time, because a lot of people are already talking about moving on. Also, a nice indicator of how things are on our server, is the Vilya PVP forum section - it used to be a lively, active place, with various threads, granted, most of them being "Gratz on rank" threads, but still, something that you could check out daily - now nothing is happening anymore.
    Last edited by Manvett; Feb 23 2014 at 09:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced on the same server.

    What time are you logging in? I don't doubt that 90% of a subset of the time can be slow... but we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.
    Exactly when are you logging in and encountering these great fights?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced ... we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.
    As usual Stickeez is correct, E (U.S. prime) has a minimum of 2-3 groups on each side every night and almost every night there's raid v. raid plus. In fact, the complaint isn't lack of players, it's if everyone converges the lag.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    As usual Stickeez is correct, E (U.S. prime) has a minimum of 2-3 groups on each side every night and almost every night there's raid v. raid plus. In fact, the complaint isn't lack of players, it's if everyone converges the lag.
    What time are you referring to as "night"?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    Elendilmir is basically dead 90% of the time
    Didn't you say you were transferring? Maybe it's a good idea if things are not fun for you. If you can't find action, perhaps it's because most everyone on the server has you on ignore? Speaking of which, this is, what, your 20th(?) new forum name, so once again...

    This message is hidden because Maulnakh is on your ignore list.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Didn't you say you were transferring? Maybe it's a good idea if things are not fun for you. If you can't find action, perhaps it's because most everyone on the server has you on ignore? Speaking of which, this is, what, your 20th(?) new forum name, so once again...

    This message is hidden because Maulnakh is on your ignore list.
    As far as xfers, why should I have to pay to xfer to a more active server because people have lost interest in the game?

    Turbine needs to either offer VIPs a free xfer, or do something to bring the players back

    I was wanting HD to bring back all the old veteran players....It never happened

  12. #12
    Brandywine. No.
    Sometimes hard to quest with out bumping into the opposition.
    Wargs/burgs are fearsome but here, on BW, they pack up. You die 6 times faster, randomly.
    Always action, always anxiety.

  13. #13
    Laurelin:
    Morning: Mostly solo'ers doing quests.
    Daytime: Mostly solo'er doing quests and some freeps will wake up. Just a handfull.
    Evening: Often nice action with at least 1 creep raid and 1 freep raid. + solo'ers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    1,252
    Riddermark: I know of no current metrics to support my claim but imo, the action has tapered off significantly in the past year. The good news is that I know some players (myself included) have chosen to play on other servers, Landroval or Brandywine, rather than just quit altogether.

    On Riddermark, it's mostly groups no larger than 4-6 and the occasional freep groups trying to set up farming opportunities at one of the red keeps. Fighting is at predictable locations.
    Last edited by couillon; Feb 24 2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    As far as xfers, why should I have to pay to xfer to a more active server because people have lost interest in the game?

    Turbine needs to either offer VIPs a free xfer, or do something to bring the players back

    I was wanting HD to bring back all the old veteran players....It never happened
    People play this game's pvp for their community, not for competitive.

    Join or Make your community, Worg. Don't play alone and find your hapiness





    Imo guild wars 2 is thebest game ever .(for me)

  16. #16
    Belegaer is good.

    Group and raid fights, only the server sucks cause of lags.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA west coast
    Posts
    179
    I'm on Landroval and Laurelin and they both seem to have a fair amount of activity at any time I'm likely to be online. Usually chatter going on about where the Enemy is and so on, if not outright set piece battles going on somewhere.

  18. #18
    Arkenstone...

    6 store bought wargs vs solo's is not dead.

    Everything else is.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    120
    Evernight

    Creepside
    in last month :
    average:
    ~7k\day and i did not played for some days
    max : 17k last saturday and i've not played during evening

    morning : mostly creeps, soloers or small groups roaming around the map. (a good morning is worth 4k, a normal one 2k (no quest included))
    afternoon : few 6man groups on both sides, raids during weekends (a good afternoon is worth 6k, a normal one 3k)
    evening : usually raids, otherwise groups roaming around the map. sometimes grams camp (depending on action)
    night: usually until 2am (italian time) there's still something to do.

    Some high ranked creeps transferred from snowy recently (due to zerg).
    Some people that transferred to snowy months ago are now coming back frequently playing their alts (both sides).
    Big influx of new players on both sides since Evernight is (or was) preferred server since mid December (or something like that)
    No multiboxer seen since months

    Freepside
    Not played in the last month but
    A kinmate ranked 0-9 in about a month. with 32 days of playing i ranked from 10 to 11 (end of dec->end of jan)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    137
    dd picked up some after the HD update
    it seems,i seem to see quite a few new
    names on both sides.as far as groups
    i don't bother with those,when i first got
    to the moors on dd my first impression
    was there are a lot of antisocial players
    there so most of the players there are
    on my ignore list due to their behavior.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Over the Top
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmericITA View Post
    Evernight
    Creepside

    Some high ranked creeps transferred from snowy recently (due to zerg).
    Some people that transferred to snowy months ago are now coming back frequently playing their alts (both sides).

    Hello and thank you for this wonderful info, after they came in snowy to zerg or gta club they come back to E. I am so happy of this.
    If it's not too much to ask my i ask you to send me a PM with their names
    Grazie

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload