We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40

    Thumbs up Rank Revamp 2014

    Quick facts:


    • PvP needs a boost
    • Many players have reached max rank (15) or are approaching
    • Definite lack of incentive to continue playing PvMP



    Consider:

    • Add new ranks 16-20
    • Add new rank rewards
    • Add new rank titles


    A relatively small amount of effort and resources making these simple changes could go a long way with many players

    Your move, Turbine
    Last edited by Maulnakh; Feb 23 2014 at 10:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    389
    /signed.

    Said this a while ago. A fair number of veterans on our server have reached rank 15 and retired, and there are many more rank 14's closing in on rank cap. Want to keep these players turbine, or let them go?

    Time to revise the ranking system and raise the ceiling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    /signed.

    Said this a while ago. A fair number of veterans on our server have reached rank 15 and retired, and there are many more rank 14's closing in on rank cap. Want to keep these players turbine, or let them go?

    Time to revise the ranking system and raise the ceiling.
    Considering the number of player at or near to rank 15 is an even smaller percentage of an already small percentage of players, I really doubt turbine cares if they stop playing. PvP needs a lot of things looked at and changed, rank isn't one of them.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    Quick facts:


    • PvP needs a boost
    • Many players have reached max rank (15) or are approaching
    • Definite lack of incentive to continue playing PvMP



    Consider:

    • Add new ranks 16-20
    • Add new rank rewards
    • Add new rank titles


    A relatively small amount of effort and resources making these simple changes could go a long way with many players

    Your move, Turbine
    PVP certainly needs a boost.
    Not many players got to rank 15. I bet it's about 1% of the people who actually play PvMP.
    Partly disagree with the incentive. At low ranks it's fun to rank up, since you get boosts quite quickly and you can upgrade your character a lot. But on higher ranks maybe it does lack incentive, since it takes a loooong time before you get any boost, takes longer after each rank and that can be boring at some times.

    Disagree with more ranks, what to call them? Super Captain General? Super Mega Captain General? :P Besides that would be insane with the current ren/inf system. People who spend 5 years getting to rank 15 will now take another 5 year for rank 16, then 10 years for rank 17...

    Agree with more rank rewards, that could make things more fun.

    Not sure if new rank titles are necessary, but there could be some new titles.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

  5. #5
    I would like to see rank past 15 hate to kill freeps and not see pink numbers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mazauk's den
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    Disagree with more ranks, what to call them? Super Captain General? Super Mega Captain General? :P Besides that would be insane with the current ren/inf system. People who spend 5 years getting to rank 15 will now take another 5 year for rank 16, then 10 years for rank 17...
    Name the new ranks: "Über Kaizer" or "Yolo Khan" and I will work on my ranks daily for years.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

    Hear me bark!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    Quick facts:


    • PvP needs a boost



    Consider:

    • Add new ranks 16-20
    Nah. Instead:

    Help with Lag by removing buffs (DOF bosses, Keeps, OP's, ON, Relic)
    Help with Lag by removing looting player corpses
    Make audacity passive or remove it
    Remove devastates and big crits
    Remove Finesse
    Remove DR
    Remove heal tagging
    Remove the ability to /follow
    Remove target forwarding
    Remove all perma-stealth
    Remove store brands
    Remove maps (except to Grams/GV), buff March to work like horses


    Also

    Add back in power costs
    Put KB titles they way they were
    Make all stealths and sprints require an interruptable induction with a unique animation.
    Make all combat states pottable by both sides
    Put brands/insignias back the way they were
    Equalize healing
    Make Snap work like SOP:R
    Add crafting facilities with increased chance to crit than anywhere else in the game (farms/ovens in HH, Scholar and workbench in EC, Forge and Workbench in Dwarf Camp)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,394
    how much infamy/renown for rank 20? one billion?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload