We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the PVP on your server dead? (Survey)

Elendilmir is basically dead 90% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Maulnakh View Post
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced on the same server.

What time are you logging in? I don't doubt that 90% of a subset of the time can be slow... but we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Seems to be about fifty fifty for me- usually hopping during us evenings thurs-sun. Often very dead mon-wen in the evenings.
    One thing that happens all the time now though freepside is rumor of creeps brings out everyone playing freep and their brother in law. But if no one sees creeps, or reports location, then everyone is kinda of scattered and the moors looks more empty than it really is.

Seems like whenever the pendulum swings the outnumbered side falls into more mobile tactics. And one thing the creeps are superior at is moving their groups. Not just maps, but general movement and coordination. One or two are a little easier to anticipate, but lately they really getting good with flanks and maneuvering. Freepside....well it depends. Lot more greenies freepside these days.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

My server is Crickhollow. At night - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. - there's no one online. But from 7 a.m. to about 10 p.m. there's always a zerg on either freep or creep side. The zerg often switches sides throughout the day. But even from 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening there's huge lulls in the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced on the same server.

What time are you logging in? I don't doubt that 90% of a subset of the time can be slow... but we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.
    Exactly when are you logging in and encountering these great fights?

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    My server is Crickhollow. At night - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. - there's no one online. But from 7 a.m. to about 10 p.m. there's always a zerg on either freep or creep side. The zerg often switches sides throughout the day. But even from 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening there's huge lulls in the fighting.
    There many quiet times on Crickhollow. have been online at 3 am for reset and there are always people running around. I was just on at 5 am on a Sunday morning and there were 2 creeps and at least 2 freeps. Often during those off times small fellows and solo players are doing pve some really good fights happen. The 1v1 that is not planned has always been fun for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000fd3e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm from Vilya, which is pretty dead most of the time. A lot of Grams camping, lack of high ranks who have all moved on to other things in life, lack of leadership (a server can't function with 1-2 leaders), overall it's slow and inconsistent action 80% of the time imo, which results in people not logging in anymore, and transferring off the server, making it a vicious cycle. I believe ESO will lay the final blow for PVP on my server for a long time, because a lot of people are already talking about moving on. Also, a nice indicator of how things are on our server, is the Vilya PVP forum section - it used to be a lively, active place, with various threads, granted, most of them being "Gratz on rank" threads, but still, something that you could check out daily - now nothing is happening anymore.
    Last edited by Manvett; Feb 23 2014 at 08:21 AM.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

Judging by what I hear of other servers Eldar isn't too bad off considering... It's usually well populated, with anywhere from 20 to 40 on either side most nights, but unfortunately rarely will the numbers be balanced. We had some fun old-fashioned action the other night with fights in and around TA. There were no raids or even large groups, most were either in a small group or just solo, but it was about 15v15 for a long time, the freeps attacking, the creep defending. That was a decent contest, until... 'he who usually spoils all action' logged on.

It seems to be the case that if creeps win the freeps will shout on global for a raid, no matter the situation or scale of the victory. So no sooner were the freeps beaten back than a full fraid comes to steamroll. So I guess that's what Eldar is like most of the time. If certain fraid leaders are online, it automatically equals a raid, whether there's a craid to fight or not. This will inevitably end up with map turning blue and a grams camp. If thery're not online, then we can expect the TR - GV shuffle. Sadly creep raids are running thin atm, as our main leaders have in the last few months either left the game or reached rank 15 and retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Quite the opposite of what I have experienced ... we've been having some pretty great fights on E this update.
    As usual Stickeez is correct, E (U.S. prime) has a minimum of 2-3 groups on each side every night and almost every night there's raid v. raid plus. In fact, the complaint isn't lack of players, it's if everyone converges the lag.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    As usual Stickeez is correct, E (U.S. prime) has a minimum of 2-3 groups on each side every night and almost every night there's raid v. raid plus. In fact, the complaint isn't lack of players, it's if everyone converges the lag.
    What time are you referring to as "night"?

Didn't you say you were transferring? Maybe it's a good idea if things are not fun for you. If you can't find action, perhaps it's because most everyone on the server has you on ignore? Speaking of which, this is, what, your 20th(?) new forum name, so once again...

This message is hidden because Maulnakh is on your ignore list.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Didn't you say you were transferring? Maybe it's a good idea if things are not fun for you. If you can't find action, perhaps it's because most everyone on the server has you on ignore? Speaking of which, this is, what, your 20th(?) new forum name, so once again...

This message is hidden because Maulnakh is on your ignore list.
    As far as xfers, why should I have to pay to xfer to a more active server because people have lost interest in the game?

Turbine needs to either offer VIPs a free xfer, or do something to bring the players back

I was wanting HD to bring back all the old veteran players....It never happened

Brandywine. No.
    Sometimes hard to quest with out bumping into the opposition.
    Wargs/burgs are fearsome but here, on BW, they pack up. You die 6 times faster, randomly.
    Always action, always anxiety.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Laurelin:
    Morning: Mostly solo'ers doing quests.
    Daytime: Mostly solo'er doing quests and some freeps will wake up. Just a handfull.
    Evening: Often nice action with at least 1 creep raid and 1 freep raid. + solo'ers.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Riddermark: I know of no current metrics to support my claim but imo, the action has tapered off significantly in the past year. The good news is that I know some players (myself included) have chosen to play on other servers, Landroval or Brandywine, rather than just quit altogether.

On Riddermark, it's mostly groups no larger than 4-6 and the occasional freep groups trying to set up farming opportunities at one of the red keeps. Fighting is at predictable locations.
    Last edited by couillon; Feb 24 2014 at 07:58 AM.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    Riddermark: I know of no current metrics to support my claim but imo, the action has tapered off significantly in the past year. The good news is that I know some players (myself included) have chosen to play on other servers, Landroval or Brandywine, rather than just quit altogether.

I know the NA based players been doing this for some time now, moving to Landy and/or Brandy that is. Heck, I'm a EU based player, and even I've done it too.
    For EU evenings I still prefer what always will be home to me, Laurelin.
    It seems that, from what I've been able to gather, is that EU players have started picking up on this trend too, at least Laurelin gotten quite a few transfers/rerollers coming in from other servers the past few months.

This can only imo mean that lotro is already losing players around the servers. And the few dedicated to actually try and keep it going are either gathering on a select few servers or making the best of it on their home planets.

So, unless U13 truly hits the spot and works miracles (...yeah, right) my professional guess would be that Turbine will have to open up for free server transfers for a months time or so or face the fact that a lot of people will abandon their game. I know a lot of pvmp'ers who are although hopeful about U13 also on the verge of quitting LotrO altogether and already looking at some of the other MMOs that's coming out soon. The majority of these refuse (understandably) to pay a company, who consistently have failed to deliver any solid content be it pvp or pve, for a transfer to these 'mega-servers' where action can still be found. And to be honest we all know Turbine not exactly excels at doing business, but it should a be a no-brainer to allow a months worth of free transfers to their players rather than losing them altogether. But hey, lets see what U13 brings..
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Feb 24 2014 at 09:10 AM.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    And to be honest we all know Turbine not exactly excels at doing business, but it should a be a no-brainer to allow a months worth of free transfers to their players rather than losing them altogether. But hey, lets see what U13 brings..
    Does a month of free transfers mean:

Put in ticket
    A month later they respond by saying "We're sorry. We took to long processing your request. Please try again with your credit card, we will even redirect you!"

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Does a month of free transfers mean:

Put in ticket
    A month later they respond by saying "We're sorry. We took to long processing your request. Please try again with your credit card, we will even redirect you!"
    I wouldn't know, I'd assume not as that pretty much would make it useless Is that how slow it currently works? I've never transferred any toons in lotro, but in my world my suggestion would look like something akin to people being able to transfer each of their chars once within that month. To whatever server they so may please. I'm aware NA can't transfer to EU and vice versa, but within those boundaries. I'd expect a transfer should take 2-3 days tops. Knowing Turbine a week is probably more realistic, but nothing more than that.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    I wouldn't know, I'd assume not as that pretty much would make it useless Is that how slow it currently works? I've never transferred any toons in lotro, but in my world my suggestion would look like something akin to people being able to transfer each of their chars once within that month. To whatever server they so may please. I'm aware NA can't transfer to EU and vice versa, but within those boundaries. I'd expect a transfer should take 2-3 days tops. Knowing Turbine a week is probably more realistic, but nothing more than that.
    Transfers (supposedly) are on about a week delay right now. In the past the backlog has gotten high enough that it was taking nearly a month. On the other hand when I did my xfers, it took only a couple business days.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Arkenstone...

6 store bought wargs vs solo's is not dead.

Everything else is.

Evernight

Creepside
    in last month :
    average:
    ~7k\day and i did not played for some days
    max : 17k last saturday and i've not played during evening

morning : mostly creeps, soloers or small groups roaming around the map. (a good morning is worth 4k, a normal one 2k (no quest included))
    afternoon : few 6man groups on both sides, raids during weekends (a good afternoon is worth 6k, a normal one 3k)
    evening : usually raids, otherwise groups roaming around the map. sometimes grams camp (depending on action)
    night: usually until 2am (italian time) there's still something to do.

Some high ranked creeps transferred from snowy recently (due to zerg).
    Some people that transferred to snowy months ago are now coming back frequently playing their alts (both sides).
    Big influx of new players on both sides since Evernight is (or was) preferred server since mid December (or something like that)
    No multiboxer seen since months

Freepside
    Not played in the last month but
    A kinmate ranked 0-9 in about a month. with 32 days of playing i ranked from 10 to 11 (end of dec->end of jan)
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

dd picked up some after the HD update
    it seems,i seem to see quite a few new
    names on both sides.as far as groups
    i don't bother with those,when i first got
    to the moors on dd my first impression
    was there are a lot of antisocial players
    there so most of the players there are
    on my ignore list due to their behavior.

As far as xfers, why should I have to pay to xfer to a more active server because people have lost interest in the game?

Turbine needs to either offer VIPs a free xfer, or do something to bring the players back

I was wanting HD to bring back all the old veteran players....It never happened
    People play this game's pvp for their community, not for competitive.

Join or Make your community, Worg. Don't play alone and find your hapiness

Imo guild wars 2 is thebest game ever .(for me)

Belegaer is good.

Group and raid fights, only the server sucks cause of lags.
    Escorin Sturmschild
    Sippe: EQuilibrium

I'm on Landroval and Laurelin and they both seem to have a fair amount of activity at any time I'm likely to be online. Usually chatter going on about where the Enemy is and so on, if not outright set piece battles going on somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast