We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Multiboxing Ticket

    I submitted a ticket tonight to get a firm answer to a hotly discussed issue on OOC. Here it is...

    "Submitted:
    Description:
    Question about running 2 clients at same time. Is it against policy to have 2 accounts open at the same time in the same server? For instance you could have 2 creeps online at same time running in a group to farm quest items from Leafcull trees. Assume no special macro programming is involved, in fact you have control of only one creep at a time. Assume you never ever kill one account toon with the other, no infamy or commendation rewards as a result. Second question. Can you have one creep logged in playing while a freep is logged in. This is discussed the most in game on ooc. The concern of spying on chat between freeps and creeps. I would like to clarify this so that it can be put to rest. OOC is trolled every night and im tired of hearing the abusive talk. It demoralizes the game and environment to play with a fun attitude. Thank you greatly for you help!

    Response:
    History:
    02/22/14 08:47 PM While we understand that the act of multi-boxing, especially in the Ettenmoors, is not very sportsman-like it is not considered a violation. If you wish to discuss this further you may do so by visiting http://www.turbine.com/support and clicking on your country’s flag and submitting your feedback. - +Krymux+"


    So from what i take from this is Turbine doesnt like it but they dont consider it against COC as of yet. So use it if you wish but we all prefer you don't do anything that is considered unsportsmanlike. We already know that rank farming or running assist programs is against policy, dont confuse the issues.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,169
    What about the sport of multiboxing?
    Tsaurel/Telae

  3. #3
    This is what I read into it. Its not nice but it can be use neutrally in certain cases. It can also be used maliciously.
    Example:
    Basketball game, final minutes, player fouled and taking free throws. Opposing coach calls a time out to make the player sweat it. Not nice but it is a legitimate use of timeout.
    VERSUS
    Football game, final minutes, team driving field with momentum. Opposing player falls to the ground with an "injury". Official timeout is called to see to the player. This is not a legitimate use of game play.


    Both occur often. If you could measure unethical behavior in games I think you would consider the Official timeout for injury to be more outrageous.

    Rank farming/using macros/spying is outrageous, hence the legitimate anger on OOC. Turbine isnt doing much about it obviously. Anyone know of one instance of suspension or IP ban? From the earlier forums I read on the matter Turbine would probably do something about it if they had the resources and time to do it. This sounds realistic to me. If _______ freep/creep feels they have to see that pretty symbol rank up to feel good about themselves then whatever let them live that life in game. Maybe their real life sucks so bad this is the only refuge they have. I hate it but I'd still rather be my toons than them.

    So if you see it in game then send them a /tell, report it, kill them, then move on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a1387/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    Yes, multiboxing isn't against the rules.

    Like you said, though, it is like other tools, it depends on how you use it.

    Jumping isn't against the rules either, but if you jump off the map or jump to harass someone, it could be against the rules.

    Multiboxing in the Moors to PvP (and not rank farm) isn't against the rules either, though. I don't like it, but it isn't.

    Just find a bigger group and kill the multiboxer. You wouldn't want to disappoint them.

  5. #5
    Over the yr's I and a few other's, Ash and Killa to name a few, have shadowed many "freaver's" and have gotten many great pic's and some great laff's along the way. As well. LOTRO will not stand for it now or anytime in the forums the "calling out" of rank farmer's. I have taken my fair share of forum tickets. Yeah I lost pt's for posting these things in the past with name and pic's attached to it.
    In short... LOTRO will turn a blind eye to the rank farming still in game but is more then willing to continue to ban players from forum\game if they call out rank farmers.
    As far as Multi-boxing goes... Im kinda on the fence on this one. I guess the only way I can see its use is, if its only able to be done on 2 diff server, same acct. I recall older MMO's way back that kept it simple stupid (K.I.S.S.), BAN it all!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,169
    I wanted to draw a comparison between what is considered unsportsmanlike with multiboxing versus how it's ok to form raids against zero opposition, but then I thought about how it takes more skill to multibox than it does to straight pvp in this game. I mean to firmly apply pressure to the keyboard with your face is one thing, but to do it with more than one account - that is skill.
    Tsaurel/Telae

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212
    I fail to see what the problem is. If I want to multibox 5+ creeps to help me farm mats for my main toons, why does that concern you?

    I can see how having a freep and a creep logged in at the same time would be considered 'unsportsmanlike', I guess, but having multiple creeps online doesn't seem like a problem to me.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,239
    Unless the conversation changed some time after 1:30am eastern, the topic of multiboxing was in regards to spying, not farming or running a multiboxing pack. Probably not against Turbine's rules either.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    Unless the conversation changed some time after 1:30am eastern, the topic of multiboxing was in regards to spying, not farming or running a multiboxing pack. Probably not against Turbine's rules either.
    It's not like that's a problem on Ark, given the lack of conversation in OOC anyways, just sayin'.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I wanted to draw a comparison between what is considered unsportsmanlike with multiboxing versus how it's ok to form raids against zero opposition, but then I thought about how it takes more skill to multibox than it does to straight pvp in this game. I mean to firmly apply pressure to the keyboard with your face is one thing, but to do it with more than one account - that is skill.
    I've given up on Arkenstone for the most part because of how common it is for people to form raids against zero opposition. Solo/small group action has been on a steady decline in the past few years, but it seems like 98% of the freep population has given up on it completely in favor of simply waiting until they get an invite to a zerg before setting foot out of the 1 shots.
    Arkenstone: Blulum (r12 Reaver), Tumblytwo-1 (r10 Champion), Gnaral (r7 Warg) - Nefarious

    [b] [I][u] R.I.P. "The Blood Hand" 05/21/14[/u][/I][/b]

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I wanted to draw a comparison between what is considered unsportsmanlike with multiboxing versus how it's ok to form raids against zero opposition, but then I thought about how it takes more skill to multibox than it does to straight pvp in this game. I mean to firmly apply pressure to the keyboard with your face is one thing, but to do it with more than one account - that is skill.
    I don't think the conversation of skill was ever in here.. and the comparison between forming raids And multi boxing.. please... one you are doing a PvP FUNCTION the other you are using a faulty FUNCTION of the game to not only succeed , but to unfairly boost yourself ahead of competion , multi boxing in these terms is inn the same language as macroing ... which is BANNABLE

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    I fail to see what the problem is. If I want to multibox 5+ creeps to help me farm mats for my main toons, why does that concern you?

    I can see how having a freep and a creep logged in at the same time would be considered 'unsportsmanlike', I guess, but having multiple creeps online doesn't seem like a problem to me.
    Going to beat a dead horse here ... but I'll try to do it in a different way to intrigue you. 1st of all it should be concerning to everyone because not EVERYONE multi boxes, so.. you are unfairly using those supernatural powers of having multiple characters follow you mindlessly ( wow! ) and not everyone can do that.... if you played before, when multi boxing happened very little to none, this was before F2P , people farmed mats on one toon.. and ALL items were rolled on.. so multi boxing wouldn't work because a crewing mats in groups were harder. and the value of each item was higher.. there are still plenty of people to do this ( only playing one toon ...so, in looking at this.... multi boxing is still not right.. and shouldn't be used

    I'll leave you with this thought ..


    What you say is most like this..
    A)Professional baseball players should be able to use Performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) because it only helps them reach a new level of potentialand it doesn't HARM any of the other players who aren't using PEDs .. B)when someone isn't being harmed or hurt with an action, that action should be considered acceptable and doable. C) Therefore, PEDs should be allowed for player use.

    A) When looking at this I think we both can point out 2 things, being able to use enhancers that not everybody can do is not fair, therefore shouldn't be acceptable
    B) Second, you are correct, it doesn't hurt anyone. But it does harm the GAME itself!

    If A is false
    But, B is true
    Then your conclusion can only be invalid.. and false

    Think on it.

    Cintona
    Last edited by motumbo; Feb 23 2014 at 11:13 PM.
    .

    Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    I've given up on Arkenstone for the most part because of how common it is for people to form raids against zero opposition. Solo/small group action has been on a steady decline in the past few years, but it seems like 98% of the freep population has given up on it completely in favor of simply waiting until they get an invite to a zerg before setting foot out of the 1 shots.
    Missed the entenmoors thread by 1 click!!!! This is a multi boxing thread...
    .

    Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    I don't think the conversation of skill was ever in here.. and the comparison between forming raids And multi boxing.. please... one you are doing a PvP FUNCTION the other you are using a faulty FUNCTION of the game to not only succeed , but to unfairly boost yourself ahead of competion , multi boxing in these terms is inn the same language as macroing ... which is BANNABLE




    Cintona
    Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    Missed the entenmoors thread by 1 click!!!! This is a multi boxing thread...
    Speaking of missing things...


    Tsaurel/Telae

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload