We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn

Mirkwood Elf outfit ideas?

Personally, I am obsessed with the elves of Mirkwood and want a really cool cosmetic outfit for when I venture into Mirkwood. The outfits featured in the second Hobbit movie are epic, perhaps something along that line? I like the Golden Host stuff, but those are reputation recipies with the Malledhrim thus I do not have access to them. Plus the stuff at the skirmish camp costs hundreds of marks and medallions. Does anyone have any ideas for a cool Mirkwood-like outfit for a female elf hunter? Something that blends in, yet retains a practical and Elvish quality to it? It can be skirm camp if need be, but I am relatively low level and don't have access to many reputation recipies.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks :-)

For the record, I do have the Tawarwaith Hat and Leggings as a lucky steal from the AH. So if ideas incorporate those, I have them.
    Last edited by Eryniell; Mar 02 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    Personally, I am obsessed with the elves of Mirkwood and want a really cool cosmetic outfit for when I venture into Mirkwood. The outfits featured in the second Hobbit movie are epic, perhaps something along that line? I like the Golden Host stuff, but those are reputation recipies with the Malledhrim thus I do not have access to them. Plus the stuff at the skirmish camp costs hundreds of marks and medallions. Does anyone have any ideas for a cool Mirkwood-like outfit for a female elf hunter? Something that blends in, yet retains a practical and Elvish quality to it? It can be skirm camp if need be, but I am relatively low level and don't have access to many reputation recipies.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks :-)

For the record, I do have the Tawarwaith Hat and Leggings as a lucky steal from the AH. So if ideas incorporate those, I have them.
    The set you mention is nice and I'm sure you will be able to get a couple of the recipes by the time you reach the third quest hub in there. What server are you on? If I ask for a specific piece of deco or armor, normally I get one sent free regardless of what I'm willing to pay. People are happy to use their hard earned recipes and take pride in having a lot available.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    The set you mention is nice and I'm sure you will be able to get a couple of the recipes by the time you reach the third quest hub in there. What server are you on? If I ask for a specific piece of deco or armor, normally I get one sent free regardless of what I'm willing to pay. People are happy to use their hard earned recipes and take pride in having a lot available.
    Really? That is good to know. All my characters are on the Eldar server. I may post a request for the Golden Host jacket and leggings next time I am online. Thanks :-)
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Squeeeeeeee Mirkwood elves!~

I completely get your obsession, man. Ever since I've been exposed to LOTR as a child I was just infatuated with Mirkwood. I don't know why, it's just so awesome, and the way it's depicted in the movies is just so askjhflsjlakjglsaf and the guards! THE GUARDS! Oh man, Mirkwood forevahhhh.

Okay, putting my inner fangirl on hold. It's funny, because recently I've been looking to give my own elves a makeover, specifically something with a Mirkwood-y feel. I wasn't even browsing for cosmetics today but I ended up coming across this page just moments before discovering your thread:

http://starrymantle.wordpress.com/20...6/mirk-hunter/

I really like this outfit, particularly because of the palette. I've always thought that the elves of Mirkwood dressed slightly differently from other elves in that their clothes were of gloomier, darker colours, particularly the scouts who often travel Southward to fight off the spiders and Orcs lurking about. Blacks, dark browns and greens, even some orange and purple, all to meld with darkness. The elves who stay in the North, I'd picture them in earthier tones.

However, I tried the chest piece (Fine Footman's Armor) with the leggings (Heavy Skirmisher's Armor? I'll double check) and it didn't really hit home for me, so I decided to be super uncreative and opted for the chest piece that's part of the leggings' set. (Actually, I think it might be a different chest piece, but ah well. It's similar.)

Here's what I put on my elf hunter, Velsirien, as a scouting outfit (forgive me for the horrid picture quality, I had to zoom up to get a better look at the outfit, and I was much too lazy to take proper screenshots -_-):

Head: Ceremonial Hood of the Night (Barter item I think? I got this one at Lalia's Market) [BLACK]
    Shoulders: Mirkwood Shoulders (Bought from AH) [BLACK]
    Chest: Elven Outrider's Armor (Bought from AH, but can be purchased at Rivendell Medium Armorsmith) [GREY]
    Legs: Reinforced Sturdy Elven Leather Leggings (Bought from AH, but can be found like anywhere. I think Duillond or Celondim might have it. Medium Armorsmith) [BLACK]
    Gloves: Elven Cloth Gloves (Rivendell Light Armorsmith) [BLACK]
    Feet: Padded Shoes (Either bought at the Duillond light armorsmith or Rivendell) [BLACK]
    Back: Fine Quiver (Bought from AH) [BLACK]

And, in attempt to mimic what the border guards [http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Vvimf5b7jG.../htrlr240.jpg] are wearing, I put this on my warden, Thaurien (I'm hoping to get the Far-Arrow helm to possibly complete the look):

Head: Ceremonial Hood of the Night (Bought at Lalia's Market) [UMBER]
    Shoulders: Ceremonial Lore-Master's Shoulders (Another barter... bought at Lalia's Market. Can be easily opted for simpler shoulders, or even without!) [UMBER]
    Chest: Officer's Armor (Bought from AH) [UMBER]
    Legs: Superb Sentinel's Leggings (Bought from AH) [UMBER]
    Gloves: Mended Dwarf-make Leather Gloves (random low-level drop, can be opted for any cloth glove) [UMBER]
    Feet: Padded Shoes (Either bought at the Duillond light armorsmith or Rivendell) [UMBER]
    Back: N/A

The first one's fairly easy to compile for lower levels, but if you have the wardrobe function, you can pull off any of these no matter the level restriction. I hope this helps!
    [ such is the nature of evil; in time, all foul things come forth. ]
    velsirien | landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Velsirien View Post
    Squeeeeeeee Mirkwood elves!~

I completely get your obsession, man. Ever since I've been exposed to LOTR as a child I was just infatuated with Mirkwood. I don't know why, it's just so awesome, and the way it's depicted in the movies is just so askjhflsjlakjglsaf and the guards! THE GUARDS! Oh man, Mirkwood forevahhhh.

Okay, putting my inner fangirl on hold. It's funny, because recently I've been looking to give my own elves a makeover, specifically something with a Mirkwood-y feel. I wasn't even browsing for cosmetics today but I ended up coming across this page just moments before discovering your thread:

http://starrymantle.wordpress.com/20...6/mirk-hunter/

I really like this outfit, particularly because of the palette. I've always thought that the elves of Mirkwood dressed slightly differently from other elves in that their clothes were of gloomier, darker colours, particularly the scouts who often travel Southward to fight off the spiders and Orcs lurking about. Blacks, dark browns and greens, even some orange and purple, all to meld with darkness. The elves who stay in the North, I'd picture them in earthier tones.
    Lololol, feel free to geek out in regards to Mirkwood with me anytime, man ;-)!!!!! I actually got all the pieces for the Mirk-hunter outfit from Starry Mantle, and thats my Mirkwood-ish outfit I have now. But me being a perfectionist (which is the death of me, I swear I deleted my first char 50 times before lvl15 until I got her right) meant that it had to lean a bit more towards the second Hobbit movie's depiction. So if I can get the Golden Host leggings at least, maybe I can splurge for the Far-arrow jacket. For the millionth time I wish that the Tavol-Socas leggings did not have that undyable red border. But thanks for the suggestion, your elf looks great!! I may have to get that breastplate!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.