We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vital Points trait - What actually count as bleeds?

So the Vital Points trait gives +X% bleed damage.
    But I can't find anywhere that officially defines what a 'bleed' is.
    Is any damage-over-time considered a bleed?
    Or only physical damage-over-time?
    Power Attack does main-hand DOT, would that be boosted by Vital Points?
    War-Cry does Light-type DOT, would that be boosted by Vital Points?

With my rather limited knowledge of game mechanics, I'd say anything labelled "Bleed" will
    be affected. The chance on hit from using spears and the bleeds from the Power Attack
    line, more specifically. Their names escape me atm.

I doubt the Light DoTs would be considered bleeds.

Well that is what is confusing me.
    The spear tool-tip says "(main-hand) damage over time", not "bleed", and so does the Power Attack tool-tip.
    The only place that actually uses the word bleed seem to be the traits, the items, skills and gambits don't use it, which is why I'm confused as to what actually applies.

Next time you're fighting and you start using the PA line (or a spear), check the names of the
    debuffs that get applied. The only one I know for sure is from PA, and that's Low Bleed.

The trait effects the power attack line of bleeds, the Surety of Death line and Spear of Virtue line, and Goad. So basically, everything that applies a DoT, unless it is a 'morale tap'.

spelunker, are you sure?
    I haven't checked it for a while. But like month ago +%bleed damage trait did improve damage only of spear-shield line. It had no effect on light dots or morale taps.

Hmm.
    I think the variety of answers in this thread show that it isn't just me who doesn't understand what is meant!
    There is a real lack of information about basic game concepts.

Spelunker is correct. Power Attack line, Spear of Virtue line, and War Cry lines are all affected by +bleed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Spelunker is correct. Power Attack line, Spear of Virtue line, and War Cry lines are all affected by +bleed damage.
    Just checked it on my warden, and either you are wrong or something is not working for me.

Same traits/gear/everything. The ONLY thing that differs is 0 trait points on vital target (+%bleed damage) (first number), or 5 points:

Desolation: 3926; DOT 4341 / 3926; DOT 4341 (no differcence, thus trait gives nothing)
    Spear of virtue: 1206,522, DOT 3926 / 1206,522, DOT 3926 (again, trait gives nothing)
    Unerring strike: 1739; DOT 1829 / 1739; DOT 2194 (trait working increasing only DOT)

If any of you have different numbers, that will mean either it is something wrong for me, or for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    Just checked it on my warden, and either you are wrong or something is not working for me.

Same traits/gear/everything. The ONLY thing that differs is 0 trait points on vital target (+%bleed damage) (first number), or 5 points:

Desolation: 3926; DOT 4341 / 3926; DOT 4341 (no differcence, thus trait gives nothing)
    Spear of virtue: 1206,522, DOT 3926 / 1206,522, DOT 3926 (again, trait gives nothing)
    Unerring strike: 1739; DOT 1829 / 1739; DOT 2194 (trait working increasing only DOT)

If any of you have different numbers, that will mean either it is something wrong for me, or for you...
    Derp on my part. For whatever reason I was thinking of the deep wounds trait, not vital points.