We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn

Male elves and their annoying body shape

I am considering rolling a male elf, as I have already messed around with the character creation. I like the options for eyebrows, mouth, hairstyle, etc. However, their body shape is so annoying. Their waists are way to thin compared to their shoulders, and they have an unusual arm position as well. But the waist-to-shoulders ratio...ugh. Does anyone have any tips for a cool outfit that makes them look reasonably proportioned instead of anorexic? Thanks.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

It's not easy. My lore-master looks bearable due to just wearing robes. On my armor-wearing (medium or heavy) elves, I move the body type slider all the way right on creation. But you still end up with a tiny waist. So I try to wear the bulkiest armors I can find. Especially anything to help cover waist/upper legs. Early on you can get some dwarf leather style leggings that help some. I find if I match my cloak color with my chest/leg armors, it helps the appearance. Experiment with some dark colors.

It is odd how the player elves are built like aliens compared to the NPC elves.

Many people complain about the elven stance, which I like. As for body-type, this is not an issue I've heard raised before. I have noticed that the 'beefier' you make the arms, the legs are slightly disproportionate. I haven't thought about it much but perhaps this is why I've tended to stay away from the elvish type leggings in favor of dwarvish ones. And as for boots I just don't like the elvish ones. It doesn't make the characters feel any more elvish to equip them and in fact makes them look more like cowboys than anything. I especially like the Ceremonial Pathfinder's Leggings which are a much longer style and available in the skirmish camps.

Male Elves?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Elves look better while running with dual wielding than race of man does. Man clench their weapons together as if they have to take a... well.. you know. Same thing with hobbits while jumping. There's some serious and hideous flaws with every race in some way shape or form. The character models in lotro altogether are terrible. You'll never be fully happy with any race you choose so it basically comes down to the lesser of the evils.

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    I will reply to all of you. I have thought about using cloaks, nice to know its not my imagination that makes them look better. Secondly, they still look odd with the body shape scrolled all the way to the right, as it looks like their shoulders have been taking steroids with overreacted results. But using dwarf-make armour...that has never occurred to me. I thought dwarf-style armour was all those weird clunky skirt things or geometric styled. I like elvish style with the flowing look, just not the way it looks on the body. Hmmm. And to the last person, I haven't found a problem with female elves yet. Maybe if I was being nitpicky then their mouths look too smoochy. Unbecoming for a noble elf. But yeah, I guess. It is unfair that Turbine has made one of Tolkien's greatest lore-smothered characters look weird. But thanks for the tips :-)
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.