We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

question about re-rolling with a locked character

hi all,

i have 9 characters and 8 character slots (former VIP), so one of the characters is locked. now i want to re-roll my hobbit warden into a hunter, but i'm afraid that if i delete him the locked character will become unlocked automatically, thereby preventing me from rolling a new char without buying a new char slot.

DO locked characters become unlocked automatically like that?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008c516/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mr_underfoot View Post
    hi all,

i have 9 characters and 8 character slots (former VIP), so one of the characters is locked. now i want to re-roll my hobbit warden into a hunter, but i'm afraid that if i delete him the locked character will become unlocked automatically, thereby preventing me from rolling a new char without buying a new char slot.

DO locked characters become unlocked automatically like that?
    Yes, I believe that is exactly what will happen. Locked characters are only locked for as long as you have more characters than character slots.

If it is a viable alternative, you could just get another character slot. As you already have 8, you definitely have been buying some. This also gives you 8 character slots on other servers. Roll some trash toons up, grind TP from low level areas, delete, repeat, and then buy a slot once you accumulate enough.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval