We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hiding Buffs/Debuffs

Hey all,

I've been looking in to ways to reduce lag that I tend to experience when I have a raid boss targeted or someone I'm healing out in the Ettenmoors. The issue I've been experiencing is when my target has quite the collection of buffs/debuffs that stacks multiple rows I tend to freeze and have difficulty playing until I no longer target said person. I looked around at different plugins but I didn't find anything specific to removing/ignoring the icons that show up under your default vital bar or your target's and I was wondering if this was possible to implement. I'm not savvy with coding but I can think of many people happy to have that addressed.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

There are existing options that can help to remove the clutter. In the Options menu go to "Social Options". Under the Group Effect Options there are two choices:
    • Only Show Dispellable Effects
    • Only Show Effects Cast By You

It was common to enable both of these during full fellowships. These get rid of a lot of buff/debuff icons that you don't really want to see since you can't (or don't want to) do anything about.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

I am aware of that option to reduce lag from the repeated buffs with fellowship members. I'm speaking about my target/opponent vitals when I select them and there's the multiple rows of icons that put such a stress on my client and causes me to lag.

I'm only asking to see if it's feasible as I did come across a plugin that helps to hide the Turbine Store icon in most panels and wonder if that could be applied in this scenario. Or if I need to wait for Turbine to address this issue, if and when they ever will.