We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Heavy optional armor for the wuarden

the wuarden after the last update has many problems to survive in comparison with other mele I am guardian and lame person boss of raid without healer and do not die and with the wuarden I cannot, it is necessary a heavy not obligatory optional armor by means of a trait for the one that wants it I have wuarden by that there am not allowed I champion not cpt hobbit my guardian is hobbit and I want to have mas classes mele of heavy armor

I actually like the fact that wardens are medium armor tanks, but I do agree with you that the updates have made survivability challenging for us. I think some tweaking with our mitigations and stances would help us more than heavy armor, however. Heavy armor allows you to take big hits, but medium armor allows you to evade those hits. Last expansion, I was able to tank and survive the same bosses that guards could take on--that's because instead of absorbing those hits, I was able to evade them. Also, epic warden healz and life stealz.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000023fb3b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SilverUnicorn View Post
    I actually like the fact that wardens are medium armor tanks, but I do agree with you that the updates have made survivability challenging for us. I think some tweaking with our mitigations and stances would help us more than heavy armor, however. Heavy armor allows you to take big hits, but medium armor allows you to evade those hits. Last expansion, I was able to tank and survive the same bosses that guards could take on--that's because instead of absorbing those hits, I was able to evade them. Also, epic warden healz and life stealz.
    Turbine made it so Minstrels no longer could wear Medium armor to avoid the extra needs that it made for itemization. I doubt they'd go down that road again
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Turbine made it so Minstrels no longer could wear Medium armor to avoid the extra needs that it made for itemization. I doubt they'd go down that road again
    I didn't realize that Turbine changed it so that Minis could no longer wear medium armor... That sucks. But what I was trying to say was that I'd rather keep my medium armor and get better avoidances rather than have the option to wear heavy armor. There is so much more to survivability than heavy armor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000023fb3b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    the wuarden after the last update has many problems to survive in comparison with other mele I am guardian and lame person boss of raid without healer and do not die and with the wuarden I cannot, it is necessary a heavy not obligatory optional armor by means of a trait for the one that wants it I have wuarden by that there am not allowed I champion not cpt hobbit my guardian is hobbit and I want to have mas classes mele of heavy armor
    I think it's been suggested in some posts already but since not even every warden like that, will be hard. We don't want to be like guardians, but be able to do what they do.
    I think just giving us around 10% more mitigations tied to deep blue line and 5% more avoids for block/parry and evade also tied to deep blue line (maybe even capstone on one of them, since blue capstone is pretty useless), and that will make it enough. Also they wanted specialization, right?
    By the way, for me, armour is just not right, if you want tanks to be able to tank by damage (and I hate it) then add a huge multiplier, but don't give loads of mastery to tank armour, give more avoids, more inc healing, more crit defence and less secondary stats, also, for dps armour...I have nothing to say. DPS armour grants you capped mits, huge main stat and 15k morale (only around 60% of a tank morale, while tanks used to have almost 3x morale than a dps).

Please no more passive bonuses, we are active tanking class with awesome self heals. Our BPE are good now, maybe we can get more options to cap block. Don't forget, we have much more partial avoidances than other classes. Slight improvement to mitigation bonuses from dance of war and conviction can help, raise them from 2% to 5%. I have problem with tanking only when I receive -100% incoming healing debuff, what about changing our useless blue capstone skill from mitigation bonus to +25% incoming healing buff for 10-20s with 1:30 minute cool down? And maybe defiant challenge could give us double bonus mitigations, when we hit only one mob, it can provide better survivability in boss fights, or even better give us double bonus to mitigation when DC hit Elite master, Nemesis and Arch Nemesis.
    Kind regards, Ilwee of Laurelin
    Last edited by Krindel; Feb 26 2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master