We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Spear Sweep / Quick Sweep

I originally had both of these talents/traits/whatever on my level 85 warden, but I couldn't tell
    if they ever procced, even though I was matching up the proper bleeds with their gambits.

Has anyone done any testing to see if they're viable for aoe dps? I'm used to just having to use
    EoB/FR/Resolution, though Goad gets thrown into the mix now for BM.. especially since it hits
    a lot harder.

Otherwise is there a plugin similar to Recount for WoW? A damage meter that records all the
    damage you deal, but breaks it up by attack.. so of the total 500k damage I dealt, x% of it
    was from melee, y% from Power Attack, etc.

There is a handy plugin for just that purpose; Combat Analysis.

I've had it for a long time so don't recall where to get it and how to install, but hopefully either some helpful person will say here or our old friend Google will provide the info.

It provides a breakdown of damage dealt, damage taken, heals recieved; each of these list overall amount per second and can be broken down into individual skills. It also lists the min damage, max damage, # and % of critical hits and devastates, damage type... a lot of info there.

It is quite useful for testing skill damage and whatnot.

Spear sweep itself works, though I don't know how it compares to resolution other than having about half the radius. Not sure about quick sweep; IIRC it has been mentioned by another player that it does not work, though I haven't tested it myself.
    Gremblus, Seuer, Grelob, and various others of Arkenstone

So that's what Combat Analysis does.. thank you. Been seeing it pop up quite a bit in the threads
    I've been reading, though so far I don't actually have any plugins installed. I experimented once with
    a few, namely Palantir, Buffbars, TonicBars, and something else, but I found them awkward to use
    so I just went back to the default ui.

I have yet to see Spear Sweep proc, in dozens of tries of Power Attack followed by Onslaught. I have only tried it in solo/duo PvE, but I have tried this against multiple mobs many, many times and it doesn't do a thing to adjacent mobs. I'm wondering if it is bugged. I can see the bleeds, but they don't get consumed by Onslaught and no AoE damage. I have all the points in the Spear Sweep line.

I got curious since I'd seen the spear sweep proc before and you haven't, so did some testing....

With Spear Sweep alone:
    onslaught removes power attack bleed and does an aoe (area of effect) called 'Collateral Damage - Tier 1' with damage before mits/crits of around 1791 (weapon damage type)
    wall of steel removes mighty blow bleed and does an aoe called 'Collateral Damage - Tier 2' with damage before mits/crits of around 2312 (weapon damage type)

With Spear Sweep + rank 3 Quick Sweep:
    onslaught removes power attack bleed and does Collateral Damage plus sometimes 'Low Bleed - Quick Sweep' that does around 66% of the damage of a regular power attack bleed (weapon damage type)
    In this testing setup, low bleed is 1032 before mits/crits, low bleed quick sweep is 682 before mits/crits. This is with rank 5 Vital Points trait, which increases both bleeds by ~20%.
    wall of steel removes mighty blow bleed and does Collateral Damage plus sometimes 'Medium Bleed - Quick Sweep' that does arond 70% of the damage of a regular mighty blow bleed... 1067 vs. 1510 base.

The Collateral Damage aoes appear to have ~3m radius centered on the mob you target and remove the bleed from. If it crits, it crits on all affected mobs or none. If the Quick Sweep bleed is applied, it is applied to all the mobs hit by the aoe.

Haven't tested how many mobs it can hit, only used testing dummies in Aldburg; it can hit at least 3 targets (central one plus two others).

The Collateral Damage aoes are hard to not notice; if you have the appropriate bleed on, the aoe removes it and goes off, every time.

Here is the problem: if you trait No Mercy, sure it doesn't remove the bleed, but the aoe effects also don't go off. In other words - No Mercy blocks the aoes, do not trait it.
    Gremblus, Seuer, Grelob, and various others of Arkenstone