We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Target/focusing

Target/focusing

I've searched the plugins but haven't found anything that helps.

Anyone know of a plugin or way where after you are done with an item, like opening a chest, backpack, put out a torch on the wall...etc...etc that you will not be targeting the object after?

Many times i'll be mining a node and an enemy will attack disrupting me but i will have to deselect the node before my guy targets the enemy. Or i "use" a gate to open and im still targeting the gate when i go into combat and have to tab or esc.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by GozmitJosh View Post
    I've searched the plugins but haven't found anything that helps.

Anyone know of a plugin or way where after you are done with an item, like opening a chest, backpack, put out a torch on the wall...etc...etc that you will not be targeting the object after?

Many times i'll be mining a node and an enemy will attack disrupting me but i will have to deselect the node before my guy targets the enemy. Or i "use" a gate to open and im still targeting the gate when i go into combat and have to tab or esc.
    Because plugins cannot send keypresses, there is no way to for a plugin to assist you in selecting a target.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

aw damn, was hoping there was something, as i know im not the only one that is annoyed from time to time over this.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

There is a Key Mapping for Previous Attacker which no longer has a default mapping, but if you map a key to it and press that key, it instantly targets whatever most recently attacked you. So, if you are targeting a chest and something attacks you, you can instantly switch target to your attacker by pressing the key that you map to that action.

Open the Options window (Ctrl+O), click the "Key Mapping" button on the right side, scroll down to the "Selection" section and find the "Previous Attacker" (second to last entry in the "Selection" section). Assign a key to that action - make it a memorable key, preferably one that is not already mapped (I use Ctrl+Spacebar). Now whenever you are attacked, you don't have to cycle through mobs with Tab to find the enemy attacking you, just hit the assigned key and you will be targeting the enemy attacking you.