We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Okay so let's go over the basics that I believe you can get. 4 of each virtue. +1 by itself costs about 395 tp iirc and there's 20 virtues. So doing the math that's a 7900 TP value. Okay, next. You get 5 100% experience boosts. 600tp value. You get the riding skill, 95 tp. 25 mithril coins, 250tp. The Dusky nimble foot goat, a set of level 50 armor weapons jewelry, power potions food, map to Rivendell and lest we forget, an automatic level to 50.

The first item alone is nearly worth double than the package itself. There's so many perks here it's honestly a deal worth buying even if you too the auto level to 50 out of the equation. If you feel like you're not getting enough for what you're spending then you really should re-evaluate because this stuff has a combined worth of over 8845+ turbine points for the cost of what, 4995? It sounds to me like you're either greedy, or you really don't need this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

I don't think the price needs to be lowered because it's a pure convenience item - you can get your character to level 50, get your virtues up to 4, etc., without spending any money on the Gift of the Valar. That's the typical way to do it. I don't have a problem with Turbine offering a high-priced alternative to people who have more money than time. But they have no obligation to make it be cheap, and my opinion is that it should cost a fair amount. If the price is too high, the other option is to level the normal way - you can still buy some XP boosts from the store to get it done faster, which I think are around 150 tp or so for an hour boost. (Wait to pop one until you've got a bunch of quests ready to turn in, and then continue questing as normal for the rest of the boost, to get the maximum benefit.)

Let's not forget the free items you get out of the box that you get when you start. What there are like what (and I could be mistaken, I have not opened it in awhile) 2 deed accelerators, some potions lower level health/morale pots (granted those would be worthless at 50), some cure pots (which IIRC are not level restricted), at least 1 free 1h travel/qt token. 2 mark acquisition tomes. Some other misc buffs. Granted you get this stuff for free anyways if you level, but you do get it right away.

Plus lets say just for easy math 1 level per hour that's 50 hours (just for easy math) at minimum wage ($7.25 hr), that's $362.50. Unless you don't think your time saved is worth at least minimum wage.

Plus I did not see it mentioned earlier in this thread, but it also come with scalable stacks of 25 food/morale/power pots... Which is another 325 tp there.
    Igie/Aridel/Dorimor/Arrion/Rivver/Aridon/Serenety/Leeloominai/Ultraviolet[COLOR=Red]
    [/COLOR]

Have used it on several characters so far. Also have 4 pages of alts on my character selection, so I'm happy Turbine offers me something that doesn't force me to run every single one of them through 30 levels. I still waste roughly 10 hours to hit 20, to make sure I get the title for zero deaths. But even then, with all the stuff this pack comes with, it's still totally worth it from my point of view.

I'd actually love to see this as a permanent store item. Maybe in different combinations with different prices. Like, one that is the current full package, and one that only comes with the level up. With a few alts already in place you can craft all your gear as it is.

Btw, not only do you get the riding skill, you get the riding skill that boosts all your standard horses to max speed.
    [CENTER]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by IronHillsDwarf View Post
    The gift of the valar costs too much, 4999tp is outrageous just for level 50. If I started from scratch I would have to buy the 600, 1600 and 3150 packages of tp to get this, that is $62.97 right there, that is $2.97 more than it costs to buy a boost to level 90 in WoW which is just below the level cap(well the future level cap). There is no way it should cost this much, it should in my opinion cost $20.00 or 1600tp.
    I see WoW are offering a free level 90 boost with pre-orders of their next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroburn View Post
    Plus lets say just for easy math 1 level per hour that's 50 hours (just for easy math) at minimum wage ($7.25 hr), that's $362.50. Unless you don't think your time saved is worth at least minimum wage.

I find it really unbelievable how some people compare playing a game with work. One has nothing to do with the other.
    I suppose you have to convince yourself that the Gift of Valar is not expensive, and that it's worth throwing that amount of money out of the window, but the fact is : you are paying so that you don't have to play. Perhaps it is time to move on to another game.

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    Okay so let's go over the basics that I believe you can get. 4 of each virtue. +1 by itself costs about 395 tp iirc and there's 20 virtues. So doing the math that's a 7900 TP value. Okay, next. You get 5 100% experience boosts. 600tp value. You get the riding skill, 95 tp. 25 mithril coins, 250tp. The Dusky nimble foot goat, a set of level 50 armor weapons jewelry, power potions food, map to Rivendell and lest we forget, an automatic level to 50.

The first item alone is nearly worth double than the package itself. There's so many perks here it's honestly a deal worth buying even if you too the auto level to 50 out of the equation. If you feel like you're not getting enough for what you're spending then you really should re-evaluate because this stuff has a combined worth of over 8845+ turbine points for the cost of what, 4995? It sounds to me like you're either greedy, or you really don't need this.
    This is what you are paying for. I can get to 50 in a weekend but that's all I will have is a level 50 char and maybe carpal tunnel..

Quote Originally Posted by IronHillsDwarf View Post
    The gift of the valar costs too much, 4999tp is outrageous just for level 50. If I started from scratch I would have to buy the 600, 1600 and 3150 packages of tp to get this, that is $62.97 right there, that is $2.97 more than it costs to buy a boost to level 90 in WoW which is just below the level cap(well the future level cap). There is no way it should cost this much, it should in my opinion cost $20.00 or 1600tp.
    Make a cheaper version that only starts you at the higher level and no extras other than what your new character receives. Plain and simple. would be fun to just start at a higher level. Make the game fun for the players instead of charging us an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Make a cheaper version that only starts you at the higher level and no extras other than what your new character receives. Plain and simple. would be fun to just start at a higher level. Make the game fun for the players instead of charging us an arm and a leg.
    Gift of the Maiar at a lower price, maybe 1995 or 1495 TP. Just level 50 and you're on your own for the rest. Good for a veteran creating alts rather than for a new player wanting to start at a higher level.

Does that seem OK?
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    I don't think the price needs to be lowered because it's a pure convenience item - you can get your character to level 50, get your virtues up to 4, etc., without spending any money on the Gift of the Valar. That's the typical way to do it. I don't have a problem with Turbine offering a high-priced alternative to people who have more money than time. But they have no obligation to make it be cheap, and my opinion is that it should cost a fair amount. If the price is too high, the other option is to level the normal way - you can still buy some XP boosts from the store to get it done faster, which I think are around 150 tp or so for an hour boost. (Wait to pop one until you've got a bunch of quests ready to turn in, and then continue questing as normal for the rest of the boost, to get the maximum benefit.)
    Excellent answer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    I agree with you here.

This is what the store was billed as way back when it was being introduced. This is pure convenience and nothing close to a pay to win which we hear all too often on these forums. There are other ways to reach 50 and this just happens to be the fastest and because of that costs TP. As with everything you purchase some folks think it is too expensive and others think it is a great deal. This is all based on what value you place on the item.

I think iPads are way too expensive, but Apple has yet to reduce the price based on my complaints. Why because way too many other people think the price is acceptable.

The prices will only come down if the iPads start sitting on the shelves and the competitors tablet starts taking market share. That is the only reason apple will ever reduce their price point - Their product is not being purchased by the cosumers.

To the OP: if you think it is too much to purchase, just do not buy it. You have posted your valid opinion / complaint and repeating it over and over does not make it more valid. Someday the cost will come down to the point were you feel it has value for you and then you will buy it.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    What good would it do? Your a new player, You use cash to get enough turbine points for The Gift of the Valar, so now your level 50, now what? You don't get any expansions with that so your stuck being over leveled on all the content you do have.

If your a returning player, has all the expansions unlocked and don't want to do that grind again, you probably have high level toons that can make/pass down great gear to this new toon and the grind wont be as bad. Still I don't see the point in purchasing The Gift of the Valar.

I don't know what all you get with this but I read in this thread you get all your virtues to the 4th level. If I remember right when my toons were ready to enter Moria, all the virtues that toon was using were at level 8. So your at a disadvantage with this purchase.
    You have a valid point, but (there's always a "but"): I have 3 alts, 1 dwarf and 2 men. While they are exciting to play because of their classes, I don't like doing tons of quests over and over again. I could really use the level bump; if not for all of them than for the dwarf (my main is a dwarf, so that path is already done once) and another bump for one of the men so I only have to do the one path which is, if not new, at least different.
    Shame it's not available anymore.

My bad, you don't get the riding with the GotV. Thought you did, then I saw it yesterday in the bags of my latest hobbit who doesn't have a GotV.
    [CENTER]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

[/CENTER]

Like others have said, the price is fine. Consumers will ultimately determine the price if Turbine wants to sell it bad enough; if you don't like the price you can simply not buy it as your contribution to get the price lowered.

If they made a version that leveled up to 60 I would buy it just so I didn't have to hear "Dwarves must fight for dwarves," EVER AGAIN. I swear every time I level an alt through Moria I want to throw my laptop out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    I don't know what all you get with this but I read in this thread you get all your virtues to the 4th level. If I remember right when my toons were ready to enter Moria, all the virtues that toon was using were at level 8. So your at a disadvantage with this purchase.
    I have only taken a few characters through Moria & when I got there, I never had all my virtues to level 8. If you do have virtues at 8 levels for example, I believe if you bought this gift of the valar, you would then have your virtues to level 12.

I cant even find this item in the store, did they remove it recently?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2