We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lower the Price of The Gift of the Valar

The gift of the valar costs too much, 4999tp is outrageous just for level 50. If I started from scratch I would have to buy the 600, 1600 and 3150 packages of tp to get this, that is $62.97 right there, that is $2.97 more than it costs to buy a boost to level 90 in WoW which is just below the level cap(well the future level cap). There is no way it should cost this much, it should in my opinion cost $20.00 or 1600tp.
    RIP Firefoot

I think it's so high because of all the virtues your getting. You get 4 of each.

This might go on sale down the road but I am not betting on it.

I think they should offer another version that has less stuff that comes with it at half the cost of the original.

If people are buying it at its current price, why would they change it? It is often the way for Turbine to sell fewer items at a more expensive price than more items at a cheaper price.

See: Store-bought mounts.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

If you had bought the $34.99 pack during the triple bonus point sale you would have gotten 5,050 points. Spend 4,999 points for the Gift of Valar leaving you with 51 points for an effective cost of $34.64 which is much less than the 60 dollars the Blizzard offer costs. If you have some in game earned Turbine Points you might could get the Gift of Valar for less than 35 dollars (rounding up to simplify the math).

It all depends on your money and planning skills. You need to buy those Turbine Points when Turbine having a deal. You need to buy the bigger packs. Stay away from the little packs that are cost ineffective. You will be in a position to jump on a short term item in the Lotro Store that you really want. You will be in a position to jump on a Lotro Store item that is discounted by 30%.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    If you had bought the $34.99 pack during the triple bonus point sale you would have gotten 5,050 points. Spend 4,999 points for the Gift of Valar leaving you with 51 points for an effective cost of $34.64 which is much less than the 60 dollars the Blizzard offer costs. If you have some in game earned Turbine Points you might could get the Gift of Valar for less than 35 dollars (rounding up to simplify the math).

It all depends on your money and planning skills. You need to buy those Turbine Points when Turbine having a deal. You need to buy the bigger packs. Stay away from the little packs that are cost ineffective. You will be in a position to jump on a short term item in the Lotro Store that you really want. You will be in a position to jump on a Lotro Store item that is discounted by 30%.
    Good points Yula. Another thing to consider is this, Turbine Points can be earned in game for free, it just takes time. If the price point is too low people could easily grind out Turbine Points and Turbine would make nothing off of this item. You must pay cash for the Blizzard deal.

You might want to read in depth a little more, it offers a lot of perks besides being level 50 and is well worth the price imo. If you can't afford this you don't really need it, after all it is just a game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    You might want to read in depth a little more, it offers a lot of perks besides being level 50 and is well worth the price imo. If you can't afford this you don't really need it, after all it is just a game.
    And that is your opinion, in my opinion it is too high compared to how much it costs to boost in other games. Maybe you should read my post in depth a little more.
    RIP Firefoot

This is in the best seller section, so now the chances of the price getting lowered- nada.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    This is in the best seller section, so now the chances of the price getting lowered- nada.
    It is mostly a best seller because it is a newly available time limited availability item that people are buying a lot of because it has only been around a short while. I suspect it will soon fade out of the best-seller category again.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by IronHillsDwarf View Post
    And that is your opinion, in my opinion it is too high compared to how much it costs to boost in other games. Maybe you should read my post in depth a little more.
    I doubt this situation is of any concern to Turbine because the other game companies can't sell a Lotro boost. Turbine is a monopoly. It is only supplier of the product. You have to buy from Turbine or do without. There is an extreme response where you decided to end your business relationship with Turbine over this issue. Start over with a different company like Blizzard.

Turbine is going to be looking at sales volume. As long as the sales volume is adequate Turbine is not going to lower the price. Odds are if they do lower the price, it will be way out in the future. Turbine is trying to capture sales from the people with a lot of Turbine Points or dollars.

I perceive this item as a luxury item. Its target is wealthy customers with a lot of free cash. They are not after the picky buyers like the Yula bunny.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Here's an idea....

play and level up yourself

It could just be a Turbine strategy to make it seem popular. Possible, anyway. I'm reminded of a certain author who had family members go to bookstores and switch his books onto the best-seller displays to boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith_666 View Post
    Here's an idea....

play and level up yourself

Here's an idea....

If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion of the price of the gift of the valar then, get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I doubt this situation is of any concern to Turbine because the other game companies can't sell a Lotro boost. Turbine is a monopoly. It is only supplier of the product. You have to buy from Turbine or do without. There is an extreme response where you decided to end your business relationship with Turbine over this issue. Start over with a different company like Blizzard.
    I understand that, but if they expect to compete with other MMO's such as WoW, offering higher priced options for a lesser product will in fact draw people away. I don't think it is an extreme response, if you are paying for a lesser product (only up to level 50) with the lack of an endgame and WoW is offering a boost to 10 levels below the cap along with a multi boss raid that you can work towards, with semi-balanced and evolving pvp content aswell, which are you going to choose?

As much as i hate that thing , the price is more than fair. Try to get all that stuff and you'll end up paying more than 5k TPs.

You do not have the right to be rude to someone just because they don't agree with your idea. When you post here on whatever subject be prepared for feedback. If you can't afford the cost of EZ mode in LoTRO you have choices and I'm sure you know what they are. Have a nice day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I think it's so high because of all the virtues your getting. You get 4 of each.

This might go on sale down the road but I am not betting on it.

I think they should offer another version that has less stuff that comes with it at half the cost of the original.

Really? You get 4 of each virtue? In that case I think the price is fair. That's a lot of deeds to get that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by IronHillsDwarf View Post
    I understand that, but if they expect to compete with other MMO's such as WoW, offering higher priced options for a lesser product will in fact draw people away. I don't think it is an extreme response, if you are paying for a lesser product (only up to level 50) with the lack of an endgame and WoW is offering a boost to 10 levels below the cap along with a multi boss raid that you can work towards, with semi-balanced and evolving pvp content aswell, which are you going to choose?

I'll choose this game. As much content as World of Warcraft has, that game bores me to tears. I know because I go back once a year to play.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    You do not have the right to be rude to someone just because they don't agree with your idea. When you post here on whatever subject be prepared for feedback. If you can't afford the cost of EZ mode in LoTRO you have choices and I'm sure you know what they are.
    Yep, please lecture me more about how to not be rude, and then go on to make assumptions about my financial state and continue to insult me based upon those assumptions. Also please continue to include another smiley face to make it look like you are trying not to be rude, it may fool others, but not me.
    Last edited by IronHillsDwarf; Mar 05 2014 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I'll choose this game. As much content as World of Warcraft has, that game bores me to tears. I know because I go back once a year to play.
    I would have put Lotro above WoW during it's ROI days and maybe even during it's RoR days when it actually had a decent endgame, now it is not even close. But that is based upon what I enjoy doing which is raiding.
    Last edited by IronHillsDwarf; Mar 05 2014 at 09:01 AM.

What good would it do? Your a new player, You use cash to get enough turbine points for The Gift of the Valar, so now your level 50, now what? You don't get any expansions with that so your stuck being over leveled on all the content you do have.

If your a returning player, has all the expansions unlocked and don't want to do that grind again, you probably have high level toons that can make/pass down great gear to this new toon and the grind wont be as bad. Still I don't see the point in purchasing The Gift of the Valar.

I don't know what all you get with this but I read in this thread you get all your virtues to the 4th level. If I remember right when my toons were ready to enter Moria, all the virtues that toon was using were at level 8. So your at a disadvantage with this purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    What good would it do? Your a new player, You use cash to get enough turbine points for The Gift of the Valar, so now your level 50, now what? You don't get any expansions with that so your stuck being over leveled on all the content you do have.

If your a returning player, has all the expansions unlocked and don't want to do that grind again, you probably have high level toons that can make/pass down great gear to this new toon and the grind wont be as bad. Still I don't see the point in purchasing The Gift of the Valar.

I don't know what all you get with this but I read in this thread you get all your virtues to the 4th level. If I remember right when my toons were ready to enter Moria, all the virtues that toon was using were at level 8. So your at a disadvantage with this purchase.
    This is exactly what I am talking about, and compared to what they are offering in WoW it feels like I am being ripped off if I were to purchase it. This thread has derailed off topic, with people coming in here to insult me based on assumptions, this is originally what I created this topic to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Really? You get 4 of each virtue? In that case I think the price is fair. That's a lot of deeds to get that.
    But, like the other user stated if you leveled up normally you would have your virtues to 6+. I know there are advantages to leveling up normally and you are paying for convenience, but the price is too high for this convenience, there comes a point when you aren't paying for convenience but rather being ripped off.
    Last edited by IronHillsDwarf; Mar 05 2014 at 08:51 AM.

but do you get anything with it with WoW besides the instand lvl up?

Whatever happened to the days of old, where people had to actually grind the levels instead of using real life money to level?

Why is there an option to be insta-50? Besides the fact that its an option for Turbine to make money.

Players must be getting lazy...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast