We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    25 preferred but I'd settle for 20.

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    P.S. If it's not too hard (which it is, I know), I would like to see a way to organize characters how you want, and possibly re-size/re-organize things on the log-in screen (such as moving the surrounding interface further to the edges and stretching them up, so that I could view 8 at a time or something. This isn't nearly as important, but it would be a welcomed addition.
    ^^ This also if possible.

I'll chime in for 25 slots.

Might as well add a few more in while the code is being tweaked (if it goes through), then we'll be good until... we need more.

What would I use them for? I like the L1-L30 the best. I enjoy the "new" aspects of running an alt from the tutorial and "seeing" the game as if it were new. I have a lot of alts that are now L35+ which is a game period I'm not so fond of. I like my alts - all of them. I would never delete one. I guess it's my version of RP.

I have 18 now (just rolled a new one) on multiple servers and accounts. Having a bit more room in the waist-band wouldn't hurt.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

25+ would be the best, I would really like to have each class/race combination possible.
    RIP Firefoot

I think minimum of 25 would be a great base to start with.
    :)

Thumbs up

I'm totally an altaholic. It just can't be helped with such an enjoyable game. I've been around since beta, & in my opinion, the game has only gotten more impressive. I still enjoy the early quests... especially the dialog. Some people really miss out on the grins that are to be had watching the conversations that npcs are having in the areas that you are running around in. (I do miss the little hobbit couple talking of marriage just off the path on your way to Brockborings from the Hobbit tree...although there are definitely safer places to carry on such important conversations!)

I currently have all 17 slots open and in use on my main server. I love my kin there, so I would rather have more slots than switch servers. 20-25 really does sound like a good number! I'd like the 25 more however. Most of my alts are well over 30 now. Just a couple are under, including my house-hobbit who is perfectly happy tending to house & wardrobe (still have that all filled up, so anytime you want to add more there, I'd be very happy)! It is really nice to have alts in a variety of levels as well to be able to help out kinnies that are new to the game, with out just plowing things over & having them follow along.

I do have 1 alt that I refer to as my "completionist." She is 81, almost 82 & hasn't made it into Rohan yet. Almost all of her quests are grey almost all of the time, but there are so many quests that I have totally enjoyed finishing most of the areas quest wise. ...Am thinking that I may have to save up for an xp halter. Even with out that, though she's had a blast. So much great content!

25 would be optimal
    20 is ok

I guess there are two classes of people:

- the altoholics, who like every race and class combo
    - the focussed players, who need at most 2-3

Evidently for the focusses players it does not matter how many character slots there are
    For the altoholics, optimum would be the number of slots for every combo

Oh it would be great to have more slots. So much things to store, so many classes and races to play. I think 25 would be good number, buit i would be happy with any number greater than the actual max.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a0000000044cf/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sign me up for the 25 slot list as well.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

No, you have also everything in between. I for one, I have 9 characters (one for every class), and I'm actively playing with 7 of them, the 2 others are only walking vaults at the moment.
    I considered myself 'focussed' and a bit of an altoholic, but I see no added value in having every race/class combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Assuming "unlimited" to be a non-starter, and also assuming the high end of Blue's numbers to be unlikely, what number would you suggest raising it to? 20? More?

Give me hard numbers.
    Well at the moment we have 17 slots, which is 1 short of having two of each class. And then there are people like me who have even more than that (3 burgs in my case).

So enough for 2 of each (18) plus a little margin for freedom, let's call it 24. Two dozen is a nice round number. Or 25, if we want to make it a clean 5 pages of 5 characters each on the character select screen. 20 simply wouldn't be enough IMHO, particularly if this rumoured special secret turns out to be a new class.

Character slots were a priority purchase for me when F2P came out. For someone who enjoys LOTRO as the journey, it's great to have more characters to take on journeys. I'd rush to snap up any new ones that became available.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

Assuming "unlimited" to be a non-starter, and also assuming the high end of Blue's numbers to be unlikely, what number would you suggest raising it to? 20? More?

Give me hard numbers.
    Enough to allow each class/race combination. Barring future plans this number currently stands at 25.

There are four races (Elves, Man, Hobbit, Dwarves) but not all races may play all classes.
    There are two genders for three of those and one indeterminate for the fourth.
    There are nine classes (Minstrel, Captain, Hunter, Champion, Lore-master, Rune keeper, Warden, Guardian).

Ideally, a person could pay to have a character of each gender and race for each combination available. For the Race of Man, there are 16 combinations of gender and class. The Hobbits have 10 and the Elves 14. It could be argued that the dwarves still need two of each type (a male and a female for hardcore RP players) that would adding 5 more spots to an already high number. Unless my math is wrong, this places the number at 50! As it has been stated, restricting it to simple race and class and leaving gender out places the number at 25, which I think is a reasonable request.

HOWEVER, if there exists even the remote possibility of a new class entering the game in the next couple of years, I'd hope that the addition would be taken into account in the character slot limit.

I could do with a few more - some of the race/class combos I have are crafters, with crafters bag and vault issues. Be nice to play some of those.
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
    25 would be optimal
    20 is ok

Evidently for the focusses players it does not matter how many character slots there are
    For the altoholics, optimum would be the number of slots for every combo
    You missed us packrats, who need need max alts with vaults.

Can't seem to access those characters at night or on weekends though. Apparently the role went to their heads and they keep bankers' hours.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

I'd definitely like a few more slots as well. I have 15 now, and I'd probably buy about 3-5 more if they were available at similar prices to the other ones. (The reason I haven't bought the Moria expansion to get the extra two slots is that I can't justify spending 2495 tp for 2 slots, so the price would definitely have to be less than that.) However, I think that if the systems can handle it and it's not unreasonably hard to do, upgrading the limit to 25 would be great for people who want that many slots. In fact it's quite likely that I would want that many eventually, but I probably wouldn't buy that many for several months, maybe more like a year.
    Last edited by chrisli; Feb 25 2014 at 03:09 AM.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    I'd definitely like a few more slots as well. I have 15 now, and I'd probably buy about 3-5 more if they were available at similar prices to the other ones. (The reason I haven't bought the Moria expansion to get the extra two slots is that I can't justify spending 2495 tp for 2 slots, so the price would definitely have to be less than that.) However, I think that if the systems can handle it and it's not unreasonably hard to do, upgrading the limit to 25 would be great for people who want that many slots. In fact it's quite likely that I would want that many eventually, but I probably wouldn't buy that many for several months, maybe more like a year.
    If you own everything else in the Moria Expansion, contact customer support. I did, and they helped me. I had everything else already:

Quest Pack (from Mithril Edition)
    Rune-Keeper
    Warden
    Skirmish Trait Rank 15 ( I actually had it maxed)

If you have all that, they could/should be able to "upgrade" you to owning the expansion. They did for me. So, I now have 15 or 17 char slots since I haven't bought the remaining two yet. Probably will next month when I resub or buy TP.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Give me hard numbers.
    I'm pretty sure DDO has a limit of at least 20 slots (it was that high when I joined, and they couldn't delete the characters once created). LOTRO seems more built around the store and I am quite surprised it is any less (although I think DDO VIPs get 10 slots, so it might be tied to that).

I can't say I know anyone with 20 slots. After the eventual expansions raised limits, leveling and equipping alts becomes excessive.
    In a hole there lived a wumpus...

+1 for 25 slots
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    If you own everything else in the Moria Expansion, contact customer support. I did, and they helped me. I had everything else already:

Quest Pack (from Mithril Edition)
    Rune-Keeper
    Warden
    Skirmish Trait Rank 15 ( I actually had it maxed)

If you have all that, they could/should be able to "upgrade" you to owning the expansion. They did for me. So, I now have 15 or 17 char slots since I haven't bought the remaining two yet. Probably will next month when I resub or buy TP.
    Thanks for the info!

lol - Hard numbers, eh?...ok. I'll be sure & bring a hard-copy list with me to the Meet & greet in Orlando for your perusal.

For thread purposes here though, count me as one of the ones that wants a 25 slot / 5-page max (23 + 2 extra slots for VIPs).

Grimsin
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

25 would be great but I'd settle for 30

Since we'll be getting a new class we need to have somewhere to put it!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    Just curious, why need more than 17 character slots?

Because I'm a major altoholic and I don't want to quit the game to log in another server.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Add me to the list for wanting more character slots (I've been wanting more for a few years now and I stay to my one server through thick and thin). 25 total would be a nice round number, but I'd take whatever I can get.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    25 would be great but I'd settle for 30

Since we'll be getting a new class we need to have somewhere to put it!
    I'd like to have more slots than needed for that also. I want some now. and at least enough to do 1 of each of the new class in whatever races it makes its appearance in.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast