We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sell us more character slots

I'd love to spend some TP on more character slots with the sale, but you wont allow me to purchase any! I know at least 3 other players with this problem.

Please increase the max limit of characters associated to a single account on a given world! =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Just curious, why need more than 17 character slots?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

*tongue in cheek answer*

So they can TP burn to earn enough to buy Gift of the Valar. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

So to have one of each character / race combination, how many slots would that take?

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    Just curious, why need more than 17 character slots?
    Some of us particularly enjoy having different characters for different purposes. With the upcoming zone revamps for example, I might want to take some of my favorite classes through on-level again.

Others use different characters for different static groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    *tongue in cheek answer*

So they can TP burn to earn enough to buy Gift of the Valar. :P
    Ironically, I earned more TP on a single character slot than was needed to buy Journeyman Riding, and Helms Deep Expansion. If I just intended to TP grind, I wouldnt have any need of more slots.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Feb 20 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Some of us particularly enjoy having different characters for different purposes. With the upcoming zone revamps for example, I might want to take some of my favorite classes through on-level again.

Others use different characters for different static groups.

Ironically, I earned more TP on a single character slot than was needed to buy Journeyman Riding, and Helms Deep Expansion. If I just intended to TP grind, I wouldnt have any need of more slots.

I have a kinswoman who has I don't know HOW many characters.

But she has several accounts.

Whatever floats her boat, I guess. I'm happy with one account,
    ten active characters and two storage mules. Rather than pay
    for more storage mules, I intend Real Soon Now to clear out some
    of my vault space.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    So to have one of each character / race combination, how many slots would that take?
    25 slots. 45 if you include gender.

While they keep bungling expansions, the early game remains fun. I've been through it many times (though not near as many as some) and it's still a good time after all these years, even going through zones that haven't been changed. I've pretty much abandoned my 10 L85-95s and am focusing on playing the game to caps I enjoyed. I've got one XP-halted at 50, and next up is keeping one at 60. I have no doubt that many people who have been less level-cap-focused than I have been for the last 7 years have a legitimate desire for more than 17 characters.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    While they keep bungling expansions, the early game remains fun. I've been through it many times (though not near as many as some) and it's still a good time after all these years, even going through zones that haven't been changed. I've pretty much abandoned my 10 L85-95s and am focusing on playing the game to caps I enjoyed. I've got one XP-halted at 50, and next up is keeping one at 60. I have no doubt that many people who have been less level-cap-focused than I have been for the last 7 years have a legitimate desire for more than 17 characters.
    All my characters and all my husband's characters are below or in Moria and our mains (3 each) are all using XP Disablers to make sure we stay down there too!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I'd love to spend some TP on more character slots with the sale, but you wont allow me to purchase any! I know at least 3 other players with this problem.

Please increase the max limit of characters associated to a single account on a given world! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueXiphoid View Post
    25 slots. 45 if you include gender.
    Assuming "unlimited" to be a non-starter, and also assuming the high end of Blue's numbers to be unlikely, what number would you suggest raising it to? 20? More?

Give me hard numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Assuming "unlimited" to be a non-starter, and also assuming the high end of Blue's numbers to be unlikely, what number would you suggest raising it to? 20? More?

Give me hard numbers.
    20 character slots sounds optimal to me.

As it stands now, 17 characters take 4 pages on the character selection screen and the last page is still not completely filled in. Some people (including myself) find it irritating and would love to spend just a bit more TP to make the page look complete. I call it "a bit more" because if a player already unlocked that many slots he surely likes to have many alts and will always want more even if spending TP is not his favourite activity. It is a bit similar to shared storage - who had it maxed before a couple of extra extensions appeared in the store, purchased those extra slots at the first opportunity. (I can speak only for my friends of course and this is exactly the tendency I observed.)

We know that 3 Eriador regions will receive an update soon. Even though it is unlikely that the updates will be as significant as the one in Evendim years ago, I can imagine that altoholics (again including myself) would love to check those zones. I personally have no available character slots on my main server for this purpose now.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Kadarka - MNS 105 / Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105
    Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105

The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads

Give me hard numbers.
    While I don't have all 17 yet (I have 11 slots currently), I would like enough for one of each type/race when the time comes.
    Twenty five slots would be nice, IMO.

Two for Burglar- Hobbit and Man
    One for Captain- Man
    Three for Champion- Dwarf, Elf and Man
    Four for Guardian- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Four for Hunter- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Two for Lore-master- Elf and Man
    Four for Minstrel- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Two for Rune-keeper- Dwarf and Elf
    Three for Warden- Elf, Hobbit and Man

This would also make it an even five pages with five chars per page, though I hope that changes one day to allow ten, so I have fewer pages to browse through.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

I can totally picture myself buying more character slots. It would cut down on the time I spend switching servers and would -for me- fall into the convenience category. Also, I think character slots are priced just right in the Store right now, so the TP tag on them wouldn't stop me from buying if more were available.

Currently, players can purchase up to 10 character slots in the Store. I think a good number to raise that to would be 20 or 25.

Another aspect to take into account by those who'd like to have character slot for every race-class-combination is that the slots from the Store get added to whatever other slots a player has. So the 2/3/5 base character slots of the appropiate account type and the 2 character slots from the Moria expansion would also count against the 25/45 character maximum for completionists. If things were to be set up so that a total of 25 character slots could be reached without an active subscription (which I think should be the case), that would mean that a player would only have to purchase 23/22/20 character slots from the Store without Moria and 21/20/18 with the Moria expansion.
    And as 25*2=50>45, players who also want to set up all possible gender variations could do so by utilizing just two different servers.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

20 seems like a good start, UNLESS there is some form of 'new class' coming as part of the 'secret surprise'. Then 25 would probably be more appropriate.

Another reason for starting small would be that it allows Turbine to see the actual data-usage. We're already talking about characters on the 'upper end' of what players normally use.

Note, I'm talking PURCHASABLE slots up to 20. I'd expect VIP's to still be able to 'Rent 2' for a total of 22. In that case it might make sense to have the 'purchasable max' be 23, allowing for '25' total with VIP on a 5th page.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    While I don't have all 17 yet (I have 11 slots currently), I would like enough for one of each type/race when the time comes.
    Twenty five slots would be nice, IMO.

Two for Burglar- Hobbit and Man
    One for Captain- Man
    Three for Champion- Dwarf, Elf and Man
    Four for Guardian- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Four for Hunter- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Two for Lore-master- Elf and Man
    Four for Minstrel- Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit and Man
    Two for Rune-keeper- Dwarf and Elf
    Three for Warden- Elf, Hobbit and Man

This would also make it an even five pages with five chars per page, though I hope that changes one day to allow ten, so I have fewer pages to browse through.
    ^^ This. 25 total slots would be awesome.
    I like ice cream.

Give me hard numbers.
    21.5? I'd like to see what 2/3 of a Hobbit would look like as a character.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

I currently have 11 slots on 2 accounts = 22 toons, and I still don't have every class/race combination.
    Some of my slots are used by crafters which I don't really count as belonging to any class - e.g. my cook is a Hobbit lass, who although being a lvl41 hunter only ever carries a frying pan and rolling pin.
    So I could easily see myself expanding to more than 20 slots on at least one of the accounts if they were available.

Ideally, I'd like 25 (and i'd pay for them, even as a subsciber)

I'd settle for 20, and 17 makes me stamp my wee foot in frustration.

It's possible I'm a little alt obsessive...
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I think 20 total slots would be ideal, however the math for that works. It fills out the last page,
    and still provides plenty of alt space for those of us that enjoy working on alts. Personally, I
    only have 12 chars on Evernight, though I am considering making a few more as I get TP.

I think 25 would be a nice start or maybe 5 new slots per NEW new class/race addition.

Give me hard numbers.
    Raising the max from 17 to 22-25 slots as minimum is my 2 cents. I have been hoping for more character slots for over a year now, so I pledge to put down the TP for 5 extra slots as soon as I am allowed
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Feb 21 2014 at 06:41 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.
    [/CENTER]

25 sounds like a good number to me.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Yeah, I'd personally be up for 5 more or so as of right now (maybe up to 25 to make up for none in recent x-pacs), but if any classes are added, or basically every expansion, I'd like a few more (2-3). Now I would bet you most of the people who want this have a few if not a lot of vault alts, so depending on how inventory optimizations are looked at (such as crafting wallet or infinite stacks), this pay not be as big of an issue. But giving us expand-ability frequently would be much appreciated. I have a feeling some people, including myself, would buy any number they could get though.

(I have 1 maxed Lifetime account, and 10 slots on a Premium. I'd prefer they all be on one account, and they could be if inventory revamp does the right things, but this is probably too much to ask. Since I have a ton of spare TP on my main account though, I'd like a raised cap rather than me just using another account where it's more of a hassle.)

P.S. If it's not too hard (which it is, I know), I would like to see a way to organize characters how you want, and possibly re-size/re-organize things on the log-in screen (such as moving the surrounding interface further to the edges and stretching them up, so that I could view 8 at a time or something. This isn't nearly as important, but it would be a welcomed addition.

P.P.S. Ok, this is probably not easy either, but what about a little icon for log-in that shows if a character has mail? And why not make the "You Have Mail" notification display information about the mail, such as who sent it and it's subject, and maybe expiration date and if it's COD. Just so you can see if it's important. This is entirely related, but it would be handy, and remotely is.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Feb 21 2014 at 09:16 PM.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

I'm in agreement with 25 character slots; I think that definitely seems like a good number.

I also agree with the 25 slots, add me to the +1 list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast