We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Sell us more character slots

I'd love to spend some TP on more character slots with the sale, but you wont allow me to purchase any! I know at least 3 other players with this problem.

Please increase the max limit of characters associated to a single account on a given world! =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Just curious, why need more than 17 character slots?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

*tongue in cheek answer*

So they can TP burn to earn enough to buy Gift of the Valar. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

So to have one of each character / race combination, how many slots would that take?

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    So to have one of each character / race combination, how many slots would that take?
    25 slots. 45 if you include gender.

While they keep bungling expansions, the early game remains fun. I've been through it many times (though not near as many as some) and it's still a good time after all these years, even going through zones that haven't been changed. I've pretty much abandoned my 10 L85-95s and am focusing on playing the game to caps I enjoyed. I've got one XP-halted at 50, and next up is keeping one at 60. I have no doubt that many people who have been less level-cap-focused than I have been for the last 7 years have a legitimate desire for more than 17 characters.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    Some of us particularly enjoy having different characters for different purposes. With the upcoming zone revamps for example, I might want to take some of my favorite classes through on-level again.

Others use different characters for different static groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    *tongue in cheek answer*

So they can TP burn to earn enough to buy Gift of the Valar. :P
    Ironically, I earned more TP on a single character slot than was needed to buy Journeyman Riding, and Helms Deep Expansion. If I just intended to TP grind, I wouldnt have any need of more slots.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Feb 20 2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Some of us particularly enjoy having different characters for different purposes. With the upcoming zone revamps for example, I might want to take some of my favorite classes through on-level again.

Others use different characters for different static groups.

Ironically, I earned more TP on a single character slot than was needed to buy Journeyman Riding, and Helms Deep Expansion. If I just intended to TP grind, I wouldnt have any need of more slots.

I have a kinswoman who has I don't know HOW many characters.

But she has several accounts.

Whatever floats her boat, I guess. I'm happy with one account,
    ten active characters and two storage mules. Rather than pay
    for more storage mules, I intend Real Soon Now to clear out some
    of my vault space.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post

Because I'm a major altoholic and I don't want to quit the game to log in another server.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Add me to the list for wanting more character slots (I've been wanting more for a few years now and I stay to my one server through thick and thin). 25 total would be a nice round number, but I'd take whatever I can get.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

I currently have 11 slots on 2 accounts = 22 toons, and I still don't have every class/race combination.
    Some of my slots are used by crafters which I don't really count as belonging to any class - e.g. my cook is a Hobbit lass, who although being a lvl41 hunter only ever carries a frying pan and rolling pin.
    So I could easily see myself expanding to more than 20 slots on at least one of the accounts if they were available.

Ideally, I'd like 25 (and i'd pay for them, even as a subsciber)

I'd settle for 20, and 17 makes me stamp my wee foot in frustration.

It's possible I'm a little alt obsessive...
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I think 20 total slots would be ideal, however the math for that works. It fills out the last page,
    and still provides plenty of alt space for those of us that enjoy working on alts. Personally, I
    only have 12 chars on Evernight, though I am considering making a few more as I get TP.

I think 25 would be a nice start or maybe 5 new slots per NEW new class/race addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Assuming "unlimited" to be a non-starter, and also assuming the high end of Blue's numbers to be unlikely, what number would you suggest raising it to? 20? More?

Give me hard numbers.
    Raising the max from 17 to 22-25 slots as minimum is my 2 cents. I have been hoping for more character slots for over a year now, so I pledge to put down the TP for 5 extra slots as soon as I am allowed
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Feb 21 2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.