We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Buying For Others

It would be nice if individual mounts (including the limited time special ones) could be purchased on the Market and have it delivered as a code so friends could buy mounts for each other the way they can buy TP packs or VIP subs.

Because right now that would be amazing since LOTRO hasn't been running for me for a week and I have half a dozen friends who would love to buy the new Rivendell mount for me so I don't miss the chance to do so.

I'm willing to bet there would be more sales if people could do something like this with mounts, relic packs, LI titles and consumables. Can't tell you how frustrating it was once to need a relic removal scroll but not be able to afford it when my boyfriend could have afforded several but had no way to give it to me.

Just a thought. Other F2P games make it so easy to gift purchase game items (RIFT, for example). I think it would help LOTRO financially if it could do the same, or at least provide codes to be claimed as I mentioned above.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

Take a look at this sticky.

It doesn't mention mounts in the topic, but it doesn't say the items mentioned are all that can be gifted either, so it might be worth a try.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Yes, I'm aware of this clunky manual option.

My point is that people should be able to have the option to buy on their own time without making a phone call or e-mail and waiting forever. Using RIFT as an example, you can buy ANYTHING in their in-game store for another player. I don't see why the LOTRO Store (in-game) can't at least have that, or (as I was suggesting in my post) the option to buy items in the Market so that the codes can be gifted to anybody without needing all of their account info.

To my knowledge, the manual method is limited to what's available on the Market page as well. I've never seen anything posted to the contrary since in-game store items are in TP and not real currency. I mean, wouldn't it be nice as a kinship leader to have a few goodie codes on hand to give away to kinship members who are doing a good job or really helped recruit some new members or helped achieve a goal/win?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

If you buy items from http://store.turbine.com then they are emailed to you as a code and you can give them to others to use freely.

It's only the LotRO store linked in the forum header that applies them directly to your account.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I don't really care for this idea, as it just gives hackers more incentive to hack into people's accounts.

If you want to gift something, you can go out and buy TP cards and send the codes to your friends. And, they can buy whatever they want with it.

/unsigned

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    If you buy items from http://store.turbine.com then they are emailed to you as a code and you can give them to others to use freely.
    Yes, I get that. I'm not sure you're understanding me.

I'm suggesting being able to buy things from the IN-GAME store for others via the website, NOT the way they currently have it set up with just a handful of bundled things available or the limited selection you can send via in-game mail which requires mithril coins.

The way both stores are set up right now is a headache and allows nobody the opportunity to gift something on a whim. It's been a roadblock for me many times if I've wanted to get something worth (random number) about 195 TP for a friend who's just starting out in the game and isn't yet committed to buying TP of their own. You know, to help them have a better newbie experience and want to keep playing so that they will eventually invest in it. It's not possible, and good luck trying to convince a new player to grind 195 TP for something. Nobody wants to grind, and I think Turbine's missing out on a lot of sales by not having a better system set up for gifting.

I've also not once had any account of mine hacked in the 20 years I've been active on the internet. Nor do I know anybody who's had their game account hacked who wasn't already doing things they weren't supposed to.