We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problem with Book 4 Chapter 5

Book 4 Chapter 5 Hiding in the dark

You find the deepest chamber of Torogrod, Nurath, and Thingroth. After finding the deepest chamber in one of these, it disappears from the list. Then in a few minutes it re-appears, as if I had not been there at all.

Does it matter that I used a milestone to exit the area rather than fighting my way out?

Thanks

Did you use Glorfindel's stone while at the deepest chamber. It's in your bags and has to be right or double clicked.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Remember, you got 2 stones when you accepted the quest.

One (the icon on your quest tracker) gives you the Inspiration buff as you enter the caves.
    The other (the beryl) is in your bag. This is the one you need to use while in the deep of the cave.

It doesn't matter that you map out. When you see the text "You have reached..." you have to click the proper stone in your bag so your character goes through the animation of holding it up high. Then it's safe to map out.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

I ran this quest not long ago on my second main, and I noticed that the location rings remained on for the completed ones on my map. It's been a while since I ran it the first time, so I don't remember if they cleared after each cave was completed. But it WAS confusing when I used my map to re-orient myself. I backtracked to a completed cave once before I recognized the landscape and realized I was heading the wrong way.

I definitely completed each instance before leaving. So maybe it is a bug? Or it's WAI and I just notice these things more now that I'm more comfortable with the game. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    I ran this quest not long ago on my second main, and I noticed that the location rings remained on for the completed ones on my map. It's been a while since I ran it the first time, so I don't remember if they cleared after each cave was completed. But it WAS confusing when I used my map to re-orient myself. I backtracked to a completed cave once before I recognized the landscape and realized I was heading the wrong way.

I definitely completed each instance before leaving. So maybe it is a bug? Or it's WAI and I just notice these things more now that I'm more comfortable with the game. *shrugs*
    I have run 7 toons through this part of the epic and it has always been like that for me, it does get confusing.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by Waynewright View Post
    Book 4 Chapter 5 Hiding in the dark

You find the deepest chamber of Torogrod, Nurath, and Thingroth. After finding the deepest chamber in one of these, it disappears from the list. Then in a few minutes it re-appears, as if I had not been there at all.

Does it matter that I used a milestone to exit the area rather than fighting my way out?

Thanks
    I did not click the stone in my bag. Thanks all.

Different problem

I did the first two chambers, but struck a problem at the third. Three times now I have tried to use the elfstone in Torogrod, but nada. It tells me that I am in the right spot, I try to use it, the little status bar nearly fills up then it tells me that I cannot invoke inspiration here. Then nothing, it just keeps saying 'Using that has no effect'.

It's very easy to walk through the spots where you can invoke inspiration, so that you are past the spot by the time the text appears.

In all three caves it should be a short distance in front of the entrance.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]