We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Solo'd 3 Mans 95 as a Hunter.

Hi all,

I have solo'd a few 3-Man instances on my hunter and was wondering if you guys would like to share on which you have been able to solo (Doesnt have to be 3 man)

And just a little bit about the tactics you used and type of gear?

Interested in finding a few new ways of challenging myself
    Hunter - Faralyne (Eldar - Active)

Warg - Justanibble (Eldar - Retired)

Lib (+challenge), school, IP t1, NCF t1, STH t1.

General build is my usual DPS-with-selfheals mix of red and blue. I suspect you could get good results from yellow though. I switch to Endurance for bosses for the QS heal but generally run Precision for rain of arrows spam and more frequent upshots. In NCF I put more points in press onward cos Thadur's big distributed hit can be nasty.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

I solo'd StH t2 the other day and it was amazing. I was in trapper of foes line, with lots of traps and survivability. Took a DAMN long time, cus i had to be patient with everything but it was also very fun
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

I soloed school challenge yesterday, the trick is knowing which mobs you can pull out without triggering challenge.
    Annaliel r10 Hunter; Bregwing r7 Captain; Lurzlug r12 Warleader; other lesser alts(All on Crickhollow)

Quote Originally Posted by sm91 View Post
    I soloed school challenge yesterday, the trick is knowing which mobs you can pull out without triggering challenge.
    Video it, That I have to see
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    I don't have fraps and such to record it. Basically you can pull left uruks, right uruks and the 3 dunlendings closest to boss without triggering challenge. At this point you have only 8 adds to kill before doing books, it's easy to aoe them down fast.
    Annaliel r10 Hunter; Bregwing r7 Captain; Lurzlug r12 Warleader; other lesser alts(All on Crickhollow)

Quote Originally Posted by sm91 View Post
    I don't have fraps and such to record it. Basically you can pull left uruks, right uruks and the 3 dunlendings closest to boss without triggering challenge. At this point you have only 8 adds to kill before doing books, it's easy to aoe them down fast.
    You can pull every add without triggering the boss. Pulling the adds, not triggering the boss, AND extinguishing the books is the tricky part.
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by astalyn View Post
    You can pull every add without triggering the boss. Pulling the adds, not triggering the boss, AND extinguishing the books is the tricky part.
    I don't mean boss, i mean books. Those adds can be pulled out without triggering books.

The challenge is doable.. I've done it on my guardian. I need to try it on my hunter, though. You just have to be REALLY careful to kill the remaining mobs quickly (the ones that start the books burning) and then be careful about where you walk to put out the books. If you go outside of the tiles that the books are on you can aggro the boss once he's up.

You have to choose your path wisely. You have very little time to extinguish the books.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Did school with challenge. Still need Stoneheight T2C. DId T1 already, those stuns on the last boss hurt though
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    I had shown the adds to be pulled without triggering the Challenge with my Champ (total faceroll of course for this class : School Challenge (Champ))
    Last edited by Castorix; Feb 28 2014 at 03:33 AM.

Soloed Library on Widoch with challenge.

Soloed Stoneheight T1.

Soloed Iobar's peak but failed the challenge because I wasn't paying attention, with another try I could.

For me though it's easier to just find one more person to duo this stuff. Makes it go so much faster.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]