We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just a bunch of ideas i thought of.....

These are a few ideas that came to me while i was killing mobs throughout goblin town:

1. Make additional bags drop off of mobs as very rare drops; players who work hard could get them along with premium items that already drop, but are in the store so those who can afford it could still purchase them.
    2. Auction house posts with filters on trade channel; any posts get posted to the trade channel with filters on items one is looking for....
    3. Housing ideas; i know that housing is being improved right now but i thought of not just paying for storage in houses, but paying maybe for another floor for personal houses as well.
    4. War-Goats; I know that this is a silly idea but the option for them could technically be available without wrecking havoc on the lore.
    5. Receiving mail anywhere via eagles that bear messages and items; I was ridiculed in a group for suggesting it as one said it made no sense, but it makes even more sense than changing traits in the middle of nowhere.

Please respond and add to these ideas, or just tell me if I am being an idiot.

Edit 1:
    2. Reverse auctioning as suggested by others; posting request along with money for others to pass in items and get money. if auction expires, poster gets money back.
    5. Eagles not delivering mail, but maybe pigeons or thrushes.

New ideas:
    6. Most people complain about lack of endgame content, problems with updated classes as well, and then start making more characters. How about training one character for multiple classes and switching them out like with traits? Gear would not need to be stored in bags in this case and just switch out along with classes.
    Last edited by SnoopyHobbit; Feb 22 2014 at 11:34 AM.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyHobbit View Post
    These are a few ideas that came to me while i was killing mobs throughout goblin town:

1. Make additional bags drop off of mobs as very rare drops; players who work hard could get them along with premium items that already drop, but are in the store so those who can afford it could still purchase them.
    2. Auction house posts with filters on trade channel; any posts get posted to the trade channel with filters on items one is looking for....
    3. Housing ideas; i know that housing is being improved right now but i thought of not just paying for storage in houses, but paying maybe for another floor for personal houses as well.
    4. War-Goats; I know that this is a silly idea but the option for them could technically be available without wrecking havoc on the lore.
    5. Receiving mail anywhere via eagles that bear messages and items; I was ridiculed in a group for suggesting it as one said it made no sense, but it makes even more sense than changing traits in the middle of nowhere.

1. Unlikely. We've pretty much reached the maximum inventory space the game can handle. From my understanding, it was difficult to implement the sixth bag, and now they're focusing on streamlining items to reduce clutter.

3. Possibly. It depends on what they're doing with housing currently. A new floor would require a total overhaul of housing interiors. May be in the works now, but from what I've heard, nothing that significant is being worked on.

4. No thanks.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

1. This reminds me of Neverwinter Online. Is that the sort of thing you are thinking of? I can't argue with a request for more space. That said, the LOTRO UI does not have slots/buttons for those extra bags. They can only work with the space they have. Which is why I hope they implement a suggestion I made in the past that they should condense all bags into 1 single bag. When that bag is opened, it behaves like a vault (though hopefully with a smaller window). The tabs on the right side will still represent the individual bags (which opens the door to future increases in space).

2. I have never heard of being able to filter a channel. There is simply the /trade channel. How would one be able to filter out specific parts of the /trade channel? It's a chat room. Filtering/censoring out certain things (such as profanity) yes, but I don't see how it would be possible to filter specific messages. Unless there was some sort of find/search box, but that seems a bit advanced for a video game chat box. Or in the very least, I've never encountered one to my knowledge that works like that.

3. Unfortunately, the problem here is that these are fixed buildings. The structures themselves can't be altered (unlike MMOs like the upcoming EverQuest Next, or single-player games like Sims 1/2/3). So adding extra floors, rooms, etc. is beyond the capabilities of this game (AFAIK).

4. Regular goats (which we have) are lore-breaking. War-goats (which gets suggested frequently, right alongside riding eagles) is even more lore-breaking. Won't happen (and I'm glad of that). Let's face it -- it may have happened somewhere in history, but I've never heard of an army charging on goat-back. It's always horses, elephants, etc.

5. Also really lore-breaking. Eagles ARE NOT carrier pigeons and should not be treated as such. They are sentient beings capable of human speech, and a noble race to boot. Ferrying around our mail would be disrespectful. If they were Klingons, it would be the greatest dishonor possible. (Been watching a lot of Star Trek recently. ^_^) Also, there is a mailbox at pretty much every minor outpost, as well as multiple mailboxes within the major cities. They are never too far away.

That said, you are not an idiot. There may be reasons why some of your ideas are not good ideas, but that doesn't make them outright bad. If the intention is honest and true, then there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

You are in no way being an idiot and don't put yourself down like that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I presume you mean the 4th, 5th, and 6th inventory bags. This is kind of tough. If they just added them to the loot list for mobs, no matter how low the probability of getting one, there would be players who would farm gray mobs endlessly until they got the bags.

Every item added to the AH would cause the game to have to check the filter for every logged on player and send a /trade message if it matched. That puts an extra burden on the chat server and would cause a delay for the person posting on the AH.

I think a better idea, which has been suggested many times, would be a mechanism that let you post requests. I want an XYZ weapon and will pay 200 silver for it. Money is subtracted from your inventory, plus a 5% fee, to make the posting. Anyone can make the item and turn it in for the 200s. You get it in mail. If no response in 2 days, you get money back in mail.

Huge redesign here. The interior of a house is an instance that can be made as large as desired, but Turbine would have to come up with new interior models for standard and deluxe 2 story houses that don't change on the outside. You get a finished attic. Or maybe you get a trapdoor in the floor and a cellar instance. They'd want to charge a lot of mithril coins to pay for the design work.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    5. Also really lore-breaking. Eagles ARE NOT carrier pigeons and should not be treated as such. They are sentient beings capable of human speech, and a noble race to boot. Ferrying around our mail would be disrespectful. If they were Klingons, it would be the greatest dishonor possible. (Been watching a lot of Star Trek recently. ^_^) Also, there is a mailbox at pretty much every minor outpost, as well as multiple mailboxes within the major cities. They are never too far away.
    That makes a lot of sense, and now i kinda feel bad for suggesting it. my point of view was that parcels would be delivered by the eagles to the free peoples of middle earth in their fight against Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    I presume you mean the 4th, 5th, and 6th inventory bags. This is kind of tough. If they just added them to the loot list for mobs, no matter how low the probability of getting one, there would be players who would farm gray mobs endlessly until they got the bags.
    Understandable, but couldn't it be programmed like the really good loot in level cap instances so that only a certain level of mobs drop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    I think a better idea, which has been suggested many times, would be a mechanism that let you post requests. I want an XYZ weapon and will pay 200 silver for it. Money is subtracted from your inventory, plus a 5% fee, to make the posting. Anyone can make the item and turn it in for the 200s. You get it in mail. If no response in 2 days, you get money back in mail.
    ...that is way better than my idea. This i would love in the game.

1. My idea to improve inventory is that LI's should no longer drop as items from mobs. We should get LI-shards instead that go to the barter wallet instead, and be able to barter for the LI we want rather than get our remote loot bag cluttered with LI mayhem.

2. Anything to enhance the AH would be cool. I still remember WoW's Auctioneer mod.

3. Additional floors (especially themed ones) would be sweet.

4. So what if the full mini region would have a dwarf faction that has a tradition with trading with the rohirrim and actually breeded wargoats? It's not entirely unimaginable in a decade where Radagast is shat on by birds and Rangerwraiths can be the hero of a LOTR game. I'm not that strict with lore, as you can tell.

5. Pigeons. Big freaking ones too if they have to carry a full stack of ore. But not eagles, they choose themselves what or whom to carry, and to be carried by one is indeed a great honor worthy of song and tale. Or one of those Hawks that are perched at the mailboxes in e.g. Gath Forthnír.

After realizing that Eagles shouldn't deliver mail, It was suggested by my kinship's leader that thrushes deliver mail. Would that be more acceptable?o Or as the previous post suggest, pigeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    1. My idea to improve inventory is that LI's should no longer drop as items from mobs. We should get LI-shards instead that go to the barter wallet instead, and be able to barter for the LI we want rather than get our remote loot bag cluttered with LI mayhem.
    That would be awesome!

Bags 4 and 5 used to cost 495 or 595 Turbine Points (I forget the original price) in the game store. When Bag 6 was added for 995 Turbine Points, the cost of Bags 4 and 5 were increased to match. There were some grumbles but there the price remains. More bag and storage space will make it into the game, but plan on paying for it.

I would prefer the reverse auction mechanism suggested by others.

Since "bigger house" and "hookless house" constantly appear on wanted lists, I expect we will get one or both.

If I recall correctly, a developer stated war goats were considered for Riders of Rohan. When development went long they disappeared from the features list, so I presume they were chopped due to lack of time. Riding goats already show up everywhere, so arguing against war goats seems rather silly. I would not seek one out or use one but have no complaint against them appearing in the game.

Invisible giant eagles already carry character horses, goats, soldiers, and animal companions throughout Middle Earth. Smaller invisible eagles deliver messages that we have mail, but the Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union forbids them from actually making deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    5. Also really lore-breaking. Eagles ARE NOT carrier pigeons and should not be treated as such. They are sentient beings capable of human speech, and a noble race to boot. Ferrying around our mail would be disrespectful. If they were Klingons, it would be the greatest dishonor possible.
    The Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union has made note of Mar-Evayave's disrespectful comments and will pen appropriate angry letters as time permits.
    Last edited by Vexendynamus; Feb 20 2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    Bags 4 and 5 used to cost 495 or 595 Turbine Points (I forget the original price) in the game store. When Bag 6 was added for 995 Turbine Points, the cost of Bags 4 and 5 were increased to match. There were some grumbles but there the price remains. More bag and storage space will make it into the game, but plan on paying for it.

I would prefer the reverse auction mechanism suggested by others.

Since "bigger house" and "hookless house" constantly appear on wanted lists, I expect we will get one or both.

If I recall correctly, a developer stated war goats were considered for Riders of Rohan. When development went long they disappeared from the features list, so I presume they were chopped due to lack of time. Riding goats already show up everywhere, so arguing against war goats seems rather silly. I would not seek one out or use one but have no complaint against them appearing in the game.

Invisible giant eagles already carry character horses, goats, soldiers, and animal companions throughout Middle Earth. Smaller invisible eagles deliver messages that we have mail, but the Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union forbids them from actually making deliveries.

The Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union has made note of Mar-Evayave's disrespectful comments and will pen appropriate angry letters as time permits.
    Will The Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union allow for Hobbit postmasters to travel throughout Middle-Earth? If not, a contract should be made between the Hobbit Mail carriers Union and FedEagle.....XD lol that was funny!

Also, they are actually thinking of adding goats, or have thought of it in the past? YAY!

I'd rather the goats (which look like Bighorn sheep to me) were replaced with mules or oxen. Oh well.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

That makes a lot of sense, and now i kinda feel bad for suggesting it. my point of view was that parcels would be delivered by the eagles to the free peoples of middle earth in their fight against Sauron.
    It would also not be fitting to use crows or other dark birds of prey. Crebain, for example, were in the service of evil. However, ravens are also capable of human speech and have been shown to ferry messages (taking word to Bard about Smaug's vulnerability, however). Naturally we'd have to suspend our disbelief when a Raven shows up carrying our new 2nd age halberd or whatever, but the potential does exist to find some favorable answer to your request on the matter of mailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    My apologies to the Hobbit Mail Carrier's Union. No disrespect at all was intended. That said, I suspect the eagles will be on my side. ^_^

*quick edit*

Or have I mistaken the origin of the offense? It just occurred to me that perhaps it was my comparison between the Eagles and the Klingons. If that is the case, please allow me to extend my sincere apologies to the aforementioned Eagles and retract my previous comments. If any restitution can be made to smooth their feathers, please forward them to my address: 4 Chestnut Road, Wodecrag, Bree-land Homesteads, Bree-land, Eriador, Middle-Earth, Arda. Will the most honorable Eagles require me to cover postage?
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Feb 20 2014 at 07:50 PM.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

After realizing that Eagles shouldn't deliver mail, It was suggested by my kinship's leader that thrushes deliver mail. Would that be more acceptable?o Or as the previous post suggest, pigeons?
    Owls! Owls could deliver the mail! Wait, sorry, wrong world..

Just teasing Snoopy. I would like to receive my mail when I am in some of the more remote areas.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Get pigeons or ravens - although the latter are also a noble race, so... no.

Also, who cares about those nasty hobbitses? The hobbit from Frogmorton thought it was an awesomely great adventure when he arrived in Hobbiton, so I don't ever see those small creatures talking to Eagles to get their post across the entirety of Middle Earth.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Mail via eagles (the big ones) makes no sense imho.
    Via pigeons maybe, but there is a logic problem with it. Pigeons only work with a fixed location, a homebase, so you propably are only able to send stuff with them.
    So my suggestion here would be an Item: The "Letter-Pigeon"!
    But used when consumed. Or with a big cooldown, because it's also unrealistic (and loud) to have an unfinite amount of them in your bags...
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; Feb 22 2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Suggestions: Tasks [URL="http://goo.gl/rt4M5"]en[/URL]|[URL="http://goo.gl/BBbhC"]de[/URL]

Editing First post with updated and new ideas.
    [COLOR=#E8A317]Gadpiloc Brownburrows-Lvl 100 Guardian Hobbit Server: Arkenstone
    Gadhador Brownburrows- Lvl 100 Warden Hobbit SErver; Arkenstone
    [url=https://sites.google.com/site/defendersofarda/]Defenders Of Arda[/url][/COLOR]

Apparently this is being added in a sort of form! Link: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Aaron-Campbell

Cool!
    [url=https://sites.google.com/site/defendersofarda/]Defenders Of Arda[/url][/COLOR]

Thumbs up

Edit 1:
    2. Reverse auctioning as suggested by others; posting request along with money for others to pass in items and get money. if auction expires, poster gets money back.
    5. Eagles not delivering mail, but maybe pigeons or thrushes.

New ideas:
    6. Most people complain about lack of endgame content, problems with updated classes as well, and then start making more characters. How about training one character for multiple classes and switching them out like with traits? Gear would not need to be stored in bags in this case and just switch out along with classes.
    Great ideas! My idea is:

Unlock Moria for gold, as an option instead of using tp!

Quote Originally Posted by Luciaa View Post
    Great ideas! My idea is:

Then how does Turbine make money?
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    Then how does Turbine make money?
    Look, I've heard this a million times. I can just imagine how much money Turbine makes even excluding this. Even I bought a card once!

Quote Originally Posted by Luciaa View Post
    Great ideas! My idea is:

This is possible in a way; buying rep items and rolling many alts and using them on your characters to earn tp from reputation deeds and then buying moria. However, going straight from gold to getting expansion sounds cool, though I suspect it would require a lot of gold and maybe only purchasable in sections ie pay 1000g for dolven view, 1000g for chamber of crossroads, etc. Personally i like farming rep items throughout middle earth and then rolling alts because it allows for the chance for rare drops to appear along with sturdy steel keys and lootboxes .

As for "then how does Turbine make money" there are several ways of getting ingame content, one of which is to just do deeds on several characters and using earned tp for content. Turbine still makes money from players who would rather just buy than farm deeds for hours on hand.

NEW IDEA: Multiclasses for characters; allow guardians to learn a few skills of the hunter, a runekeeper to learn the lore of the Loremaster, etc. This system is already implemented in another Turbine game according to wikipedia: Dungeons and Dragons online. It could be introduced in two different ways; classes being interchangable as trait trees and equipment being stored somewhere secret until you switch or having two classes at once, with main class having all skills and secondary class only being partially trained in. Obviously this could not be done in time for Update 13 but it would be nice for it to be considered for LOTRO.

This is possible in a way; buying rep items and rolling many alts and using them on your characters to earn tp from reputation deeds and then buying moria. However, going straight from gold to getting expansion sounds cool, though I suspect it would require a lot of gold and maybe only purchasable in sections ie pay 1000g for dolven view, 1000g for chamber of crossroads, etc. Personally i like farming rep items throughout middle earth and then rolling alts because it allows for the chance for rare drops to appear along with sturdy steel keys and lootboxes .

As for "then how does Turbine make money" there are several ways of getting ingame content, one of which is to just do deeds on several characters and using earned tp for content. Turbine still makes money from players who would rather just buy than farm deeds for hours on hand.

NEW IDEA: Multiclasses for characters; allow guardians to learn a few skills of the hunter, a runekeeper to learn the lore of the Loremaster, etc. This system is already implemented in another Turbine game according to wikipedia: Dungeons and Dragons online. It could be introduced in two different ways; classes being interchangable as trait trees and equipment being stored somewhere secret until you switch or having two classes at once, with main class having all skills and secondary class only being partially trained in. Obviously this could not be done in time for Update 13 but it would be nice for it to be considered for LOTRO.
    Cool, sounds nice