We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Well, that's it for that

After a good run I'm done. Put a fork in me. Cancelled sub last night begrudgingly. It's the lag. It's the fact that Shupth didn't invite a rank 13 spider to an open raid. Really, the best spider on slode can't zerg the map sans skills with you? I'm all about inclusion. If I have ever gotten mad or angry at someone in the game it's because they bullied, showed elitist attitude, or put others down. There's really no place for that. (well that and cheaters but that's a different post). It's the fact the Turbine is just stealing money from me now. No attention at all to what I play, the Ettenmoors. Here's hoping someone buys the game franchise and then decides to maintain and grow it again.

I really have made some great friends all these years. Starting with Skunkk and Vamp. Then Ishbal and Shandor taught me to freep. Then Daarlin and Snyff and Consumption came along. Then I rolled with Morteth and Evermore for a year! That was great fun. Peepers has been there to get me in trouble and have me bail him out! Agentorange has been my brother from another mother! I am proud to say that some of my worst enemies have become dear friends. Thanks Jimi, Maggott, and Morkle. We have done some amazing things when forces merged.

The creative part of me cringes at this game now. Think of the amazing things Turbine could do! A 1v1 arena. Share the burrow skill. A new Map! Make us creeps an endgame battle? Nope nothing. Same PVP as it was 5 years ago...only easier. Now, when I lead raids I get to read (and sometimes explain to my 10 year old daughter who accidentally looked on) amazing tells such as last night's winner: Eat A D__K Dirty. Great profanity filter. Thanks WB...We all know that filling out a report is the same as fighting kykid and claw in Tr.

I have pride saying that my reaver got to rank 6 without passives pre-moria. Such a fun thing to do Agentone, Agenttwo, Agentten, AgentX. Pride saying i never cheated, always fought, sometimes won, and hopefully made your freetime in life more fun.
    Last edited by mphunk; Feb 19 2014 at 12:50 PM.
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

sad to hear this,you are great player, yes its sad that some ppl take this game too serious best of luck and hope you will be back to kill me many many times lol

dude don't quit, they are about to add catapults to the moors.

edit: you can always Freeaver
    Last edited by Rupture1; Feb 19 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Always sad to see a long time player go. Don't know you very well but ran in a few of your raids on spider and had a blast. My hunter has been killed more times than I can count by your reaver and my mini too back in the day. Have fun whatever you do.

See, and I cam creeping more now than ever before for exactly the opposite reasons of what you allude to - inclusion. I log in and immediately get invites. Yeah, the lag sucks, Turbine's complete lack of effort towards PvP is awful, balance is bad, but I come back for the community, despite the issues you mention this is the single best online gaming community I have ever been a part of, period.

It does help that I'm a lifer so there is no cost to me, so as bad as the game is - awful is better than nothing.

Dirty, good fortunes wherever your travels take you, you've always been a worthy adversary to my LM in the moors. I bow to you in farewell.
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by mphunk View Post
    It's the fact that Shupth didn't invite a rank 13 spider to an open raid.
    iirc, Shupth was lagged out at that time and there were no raid assistants so Vamp couldn't get an invite. This was in the ROP delving, correct?

Anyway, sure, cancel your VIP, but don't leave us! Keep on chugging as a freaver! xD I'll miss you if you go...

I don't think anything I say will change your mind one way or another, but you will be missed. In the few times I creep you have actively sought me out and helped, even though (perhaps because ) you didn't know it was me. Like no one else, you helped my little ones through the greenie phase, and you have my thanks for that. Always been good fighting against you, hope you'll change your mind but best wishes go with you regardless.

Say it ain't so, Dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7 View Post
    iirc, Shupth was lagged out at that time and there were no raid assistants so Vamp couldn't get an invite. This was in the ROP delving, correct?
    This is how I recall it as well.

Orange and I will definitely miss you (unless you freaver, please?). You should send one or both of us a message freepside (Freyya or Hellsfog) with some sort of contact info, facebook or something, so we can stay in touch. Also, we promised you reptile pics, so you at least have to keep reading the forums until those are up.

I've had a wonderful time grouping with you, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you come back to visit from time to time.

Don't give up the good fight yet Dirty! Take a break if needed, and come back with a vengeance. Too much tradition to lose.

If you don't wanna play anymore that's cool, but don't allow Shupth to be a reason for quitting. That gives him more relevance than he deserves.

I had a rank 6 warg and a rank 8 spider pre-moria and deleted them... out of frustration mostly. I can't say it was a huge regret as the frustration went away, and I enjoyed raising Purely from a pup. But still, I'd not recommend doing that .

Other than adding outposts to already existing real estate, there's not been any expansion to the PvMP in all these years. I was rather surprised to see that honestly as I'd been away from this game for about 4 years. Too bad really, as the I think the concept is pretty unique and could provide lots of opportunities for entertainment. But currently, it's just boring.

I hear ESO is supposed to have decent pvp.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Don't leave dirty!!!!!!!!! People are gunna think I'm quitting too! Plus I'll be the only agent left and it won't be as much fun without people mistaking me for you.

Just a quick correction Purely, they didn't add any OPs they subtracted and moved one. Love ya!

I'm in the same boat fed up-wise.

The game is just boring. It's a struggle to log on. Same old, same old.
    I don't even log on freeps unless to craft guild symbols for next useless expansion/update. LOL

I hate that there is only action if the same two or three people are on.
    Really sending invites, having voice enabled, and calling targets isn't that hard.
    You just get so burnt out. There's nothing new to do, to accomplish.

I was going to chase R13 on the useless Defiler before Eldar Scrolls came out, (180k!) but even that sounds boring and a waste of time.
    Will probably go play my sweet LM/Hunter class dude in Guild Wars 2 until release!

On the off-topic of ESO. I am excited for it. Their is already quite a few people that I get along with that will be playing it or at least trying it on server. Hopefully we can take the friendships over to their 2k person pvp map and do some corpse jumping.
    Been reading up on the pvp, and watching videos and such.

I think above all I'll miss the personal aspect the LOTRO PvP arena brings.
    Knowing who gets angry when you kill them
    know who will run away from a fight whenever it turns south
    knowing who can't fight unless healer stacked
    Knowing whos who, knowing what someone is always going to do (i.e. such and such can only take outposts, if such and such is on all they can do is take the relic, such and such will take sop and sit at gta for map-ins).

You get close, you get attached. Make bonds. Rely on eachother.
    I like that whenever nobody takes my glff bait I can still just chat with dude's I just steamrolled and get thanked for it just because theirs some action.

But whatever, if ESO just has that "new game" hype, then be it as it may. Will try it out and find something else to do, or come back.

BACK ON TOPIC!:
    Nobody quits, they just take breaks.
    Be it a month, or years. Take that breather.
    It's a addiction, but easily cured.
    It's frustration, but easily forgotten.
    Then there is lag, but it seems nobody can fix that.

Unhappy

Sad to say but I too am fed up with the Moors and this game, especially after have been treated to ESO as a beta tester. I too will be cancelling my subscription. No sense in supporting a company that has blinders on and doesn't appear to understand the concept of game balance in the pvp zone. Come the end of March I will be out in the Moors only when I can’t get into ESO pvp due to its awesomeness* and pop caps. Hopefully, I will see many of those here that I count as friends, as well as 'enemies', over there. There will be a Scourge of Tamriel guild and a Vampanor (dark elf nightblade assassin lurking in the shadows) out there.

*awesomeness is because all three of the factions have the same classes and set of skills, all classes can stealth and everyone has free rein on the weapons and armor they can use. None of the Lotro-style #### where one side is gimped while the other gets all the ‘love’. Race based traits and skills are the only differences and those are a tradeoff given you can only have six active skills. Add in siege weapons, battering rams, the ability to repair your keeps to keep the gates and walls up and a map three times the size of the Moors you have makings of a fun time.

I had an ESO Beta invite that I did not use. From watching pvp videos was not impressed with the combat animations and the way your character runs like they have a stick up their arrse.

Played Warhammer, WoW, AoC, Aion, Rift, GW2, SWtoR always end up coming back to this game. No other game has the “high school drama” feel that this game has and the combat and animations imo are pretty good. Ya Turbine sucks at updating and balances for RvR, a lot more attention to the PvP would have be nice and potentially could have made this a great game, but hey maybe one day people will look back and say “Remember LotRO PvMP man that awesome” like they do with DAOC.

As for Lag, I just built at new computer and have zero lag on high settings even when there are 34 freeps camping the Drake and we swoop in to steel the KB. Not even that great of a system either GTX660, Haswell i3 4340, 8GB DDR3 with Samsung SSD.

Raid invites, from what I have seen it seems that Shupth invites whoever sends him a tell in order of received. He invited a rank 3 reaver lastnight after a few people said hey can you invite so and so, he was all “sorry this reaver has been waiting”. Unless he is saving a spot for a warleader or something he seems pretty fair on who he invites and trying to manage 24 people while battling freeps is not easy and maybe people are second guessing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    I'm in the same boat fed up-wise.

The game is just boring. It's a struggle to log on. Same old, same old.
    I don't even log on freeps unless to craft guild symbols for next useless expansion/update. LOL

I hate that there is only action if the same two or three people are on.
    Really sending invites, having voice enabled, and calling targets isn't that hard.
    You just get so burnt out. There's nothing new to do, to accomplish.

I was going to chase R13 on the useless Defiler before Eldar Scrolls came out, (180k!) but even that sounds boring and a waste of time.
    Will probably go play my sweet LM/Hunter class dude in Guild Wars 2 until release!

On the off-topic of ESO. I am excited for it. Their is already quite a few people that I get along with that will be playing it or at least trying it on server. Hopefully we can take the friendships over to their 2k person pvp map and do some corpse jumping.
    Been reading up on the pvp, and watching videos and such.

I think above all I'll miss the personal aspect the LOTRO PvP arena brings.
    Knowing who gets angry when you kill them
    know who will run away from a fight whenever it turns south
    knowing who can't fight unless healer stacked
    Knowing whos who, knowing what someone is always going to do (i.e. such and such can only take outposts, if such and such is on all they can do is take the relic, such and such will take sop and sit at gta for map-ins).

You get close, you get attached. Make bonds. Rely on eachother.
    I like that whenever nobody takes my glff bait I can still just chat with dude's I just steamrolled and get thanked for it just because theirs some action.

But whatever, if ESO just has that "new game" hype, then be it as it may. Will try it out and find something else to do, or come back.

BACK ON TOPIC!:
    Nobody quits, they just take breaks.
    Be it a month, or years. Take that breather.
    It's a addiction, but easily cured.
    It's frustration, but easily forgotten.
    Then there is lag, but it seems nobody can fix that.
    Why is this dude so boring????? plz tell me

u scks jimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture1 View Post
    Raid invites, from what I have seen it seems that Shupth invites whoever sends him a tell in order of received. He invited a rank 3 reaver lastnight after a few people said hey can you invite so and so, he was all “sorry this reaver has been waiting”. Unless he is saving a spot for a warleader or something he seems pretty fair on who he invites and trying to manage 24 people while battling freeps is not easy and maybe people are second guessing him.
    I was waiting the Shupth invite yesterday and never came, he said that he wont invite me cause im korean

Also said that he wants to beat me to 13, and i said, u cant beat GOD boy!

then krykid came and p2w killed me

As Agentten, I salute your brave service to the dark side and wish you all luck in your future endeavors.

I also have been fed up with this game for a while, but for different reasons. Since Im a lifer probly wont unsub but just be inactive until something in the game changes (i.e. actual content or a change in current moors play)

Anyway its been a good run. Still miss the old days with the xka folks in the moors.

~Kaz

Really? Maggot is in Limbo and your quitting? you suck..
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

That's it Aceinthehole wouldn't invite me to raid so lmao IM OUT I QUIT
    ima call the wambulance

Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    Really? Maggot is in Limbo and your quitting? you suck..
    you're* You*
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDownundr View Post
    ima call the wambulance
    While you're at it, go ahead call turbine and ask for some skill.

Thanks for the kinds words friends. You are all class going down the forum list. I sincerely forgot to mention some of you great freeps. But, you all know as soon as I start to compliment you Akthuri will stun me and Eulogia will EC for 14567 of craycray under heals from Alanys and a Bubble from Adacyn. Some of you freeps are great to fight!

Under counsel from the Creep Elite (Vamp, Jimi, Maggot, Daarlin, Drak) I have unsubbed and am going to take a break. If I come out to the Moors it will be as freeba. Please creeps play nice! Help each other out to get maps and succeed in winning the minute! Don't be the janitor caught with extra keys and the hoarder with 3 lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDownundr View Post
    ima call the wambulance
    I'll type slow for you to read ..here goes. (sry its nt in txt cht!) I was in the raid. Calling targets for the "lagged" out leader. -Who could still typechat in channel. Sometimes personality conflicts arise. I really didn't have a one with the leader prior but after dying continually in his raids, getting camped over and over in TR, not seeing proper target calling and raid setup...yeah I got fed up. That night I started a duplicate raid where I believe some got over 10k in not much time. Sue me if I think a player that has 47 ranks of pvp under his belt should not be such a tool as to not invite a well respected leader and creep to your failraid.

and What's a wambulance? Please someone over 40 tell me...it's pre-google talk.
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

Quote Originally Posted by mphunk View Post
    and What's a wambulance? Please someone over 40 tell me...it's pre-google talk.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wambulance

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    While you're at it, go ahead call turbine and ask for some skill.

On my left hand I only have 3 fingers and my right hand is all twisted from a crush injury. This is why it takes me a little longer to use my skills so lol I don't think Turbine can help me.

sad to see another good creep leader go; but i ll miss more the funny cool guy in ooc.

Farewell and good luck Dirty!