We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What region to go to next?

Hi, I have just managed to clear up my quest log and finish all quests in previous regions. Now, all that I have left in my quest log are the book quests. I am currently at volume 2, book 3 (moria) - the problem is that I don't have the moria expansion pack so I can not quest in this region alongside doing the book quests.

I have heard from someone that the moria book quests don't finish till about level 60 (I am currently level 56 and the book quest says it is level 56 also).

My question is, are there any regions prior to the regions that will come following the completion of moria book quests that I can quest in alongside doing the book quests in moria?

The last region I finished was Eregion, I have done regions such as misty mountain and angmar but I am not sure where else I could go? The only region I can think I missed out was Forchel, although the quests there would be far too low for my leel now (level 40 quests there I think).

Or must I just wait until after the book quest in moria for new regions? I would get the moria expansion but since i've already been questing here for the book quests I will have missed out a deal of the content here.

No. Moria is the only zone designed for players lvl 50-60.

All of SoA zones were designed for levels 1-50, back when 50 was the level cap. Lothlorien is designed for players at lvl 60 (since it was the cap at the time). Mirkwood is designed for player lvl 60-65 and Enedwaith is designed for players lvl 60-65 (it was originally designed for players at the cap of 65, but was level revamped shortly after RoI increased the level cap).

So, either buy Moria expansion or quest pack, head out into Lothlorien and be prepared to be under leveled, or grind on skirmishes/instance to keep your level on par with the Epic quests.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    No. Moria is the only zone designed for players lvl 50-60.

All of SoA zones were designed for levels 1-50, back when 50 was the level cap. Lothlorien is designed for players at lvl 60 (since it was the cap at the time). Mirkwood is designed for player lvl 60-65 and Enedwaith is designed for players lvl 60-65 (it was originally designed for players at the cap of 65, but was level revamped shortly after RoI increased the level cap).

So, either buy Moria expansion or quest pack, head out into Lothlorien and be prepared to be under leveled, or grind on skirmishes/instance to keep your level on par with the Epic quests.

Thanks for the response, out of Lothlorien, Mirkwood and Enedwaith, which would you suggest be the region I move to after moria and also where can I find them?

For leveling purposes? Skip Lothlorien, as it only has lvl 60 quests. Either Mirkwood or Enedwaith would be good.

At the minimum, follow the Epic quest through Mirkwood, as there are an additional 5 skirmishes to unlock (in addition to the 3 in Moria).
    Also, you can return to Rivendell to begin Volume 3, which will have you traversing all of Eriador, getting the band back together, before heading south through Eregion, into Enedwaith, and eventually Dunland.

Lothlorien is east of Moria, exiting from the First Hall. Mirkwood is east of Lothlorien, taking a boat across the Anduin. Enedwaith is south of Eregion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeN13 View Post
    Hi, I have just managed to clear up my quest log and finish all quests in previous regions. Now, all that I have left in my quest log are the book quests. I am currently at volume 2, book 3 (moria) - the problem is that I don't have the moria expansion pack so I can not quest in this region alongside doing the book quests.

I have heard from someone that the moria book quests don't finish till about level 60 (I am currently level 56 and the book quest says it is level 56 also).

My question is, are there any regions prior to the regions that will come following the completion of moria book quests that I can quest in alongside doing the book quests in moria?

The last region I finished was Eregion, I have done regions such as misty mountain and angmar but I am not sure where else I could go? The only region I can think I missed out was Forchel, although the quests there would be far too low for my leel now (level 40 quests there I think).

Or must I just wait until after the book quest in moria for new regions? I would get the moria expansion but since i've already been questing here for the book quests I will have missed out a deal of the content here.
    If you don't want to buy Moria (crazy talk - I love it) then one alternative is grind skirmishes, instances or a combo of mobs and tasks (nb you do not need to own the area to do the tasks now)

I'd recommend buying Moria if you can
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    For leveling purposes? Skip Lothlorien, as it only has lvl 60 quests. Either Mirkwood or Enedwaith would be good.

At the minimum, follow the Epic quest through Mirkwood, as there are an additional 5 skirmishes to unlock (in addition to the 3 in Moria).
    Also, you can return to Rivendell to begin Volume 3, which will have you traversing all of Eriador, getting the band back together, before heading south through Eregion, into Enedwaith, and eventually Dunland.

Lothlorien is east of Moria, exiting from the First Hall. Mirkwood is east of Lothlorien, taking a boat across the Anduin. Enedwaith is south of Eregion.
    It will be for levelling purposes yes, just trying to follow the quests through and advance my character as high as I can, finally reaching level cap.

I want to if possible follow the epic quest line through and do the regions as it takes me through .

I will just complete the Moria book quests and then see where it takes me next!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    If you don't want to buy Moria (crazy talk - I love it) then one alternative is grind skirmishes, instances or a combo of mobs and tasks (nb you do not need to own the area to do the tasks now)

I'd recommend buying Moria if you can

It isn't that I don't want to buy Moria, it is just that I have already done a fair bit of epic book questing in Moria so I have missed a lot of the quests in the earlier Moria regions. Not to mention I am level 56 (almost 57) so I will be near the end of the level bracket for quests here.

I just feel like I wouldn't be getting full value for the TP if I buy the pack as I will be skipping a lot of the quests and content in Moria. I wish I had bought it when I first came to Moria.

It will be for levelling purposes yes, just trying to follow the quests through and advance my character as high as I can, finally reaching level cap.

I want to if possible follow the epic quest line through and do the regions as it takes me through .

It isn't that I don't want to buy Moria, it is just that I have already done a fair bit of epic book questing in Moria so I have missed a lot of the quests in the earlier Moria regions. Not to mention I am level 56 (almost 57) so I will be near the end of the level bracket for quests here.

I just feel like I wouldn't be getting full value for the TP if I buy the pack as I will be skipping a lot of the quests and content in Moria. I wish I had bought it when I first came to Moria.

come back through with an alt moria is probably the biggest zone for levelling. no doubt you will want to level an alt at some point. its a no brainer Zone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

Usually you have to be no more than 5 level below a quest for a quest giver to offer it to you, but the Skirmishes also have minimum levels.

You need to be at least lvl 55 to start the skirmishes in Moria, so you're good for now. The first 2 skirmishes in Mirkwood require you to be at least 60 to start them, but the last 3 skirmishes in Mirkwood and the V3 skirmish in Angmar require you to be at least 65.

That's a good point about bringing my alts though here and wanting to level them, I will purchase the quest pack!