We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tarnished Crests of Rohan in Wildermore ??

Question: I understand that getting Tarnished Crests is rare, but I stop and mine every node I see and managed to get 10+ through eastern Rohan. But after a month in Wildermore I've got nothing. Not one. Am I just unlucky, or are they not there? Thanks!

Unlucky, not broken.

It is pretty rare. If you need some I might suggest doing some skirmish or big battles to build up a supply of marks. You can buy the crests at the skirmish camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    Question: I understand that getting Tarnished Crests is rare, but I stop and mine every node I see and managed to get 10+ through eastern Rohan. But after a month in Wildermore I've got nothing. Not one. Am I just unlucky, or are they not there? Thanks!
    You got more than your fair share with ten. I gotten 2 I have Sutcrots to do having finished the other content. The drop rate must be 1 in 100 or lower.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

if you think they are rare wait till you look for emerald shards

Quote Originally Posted by STEAL107 View Post
    if you think they are rare wait till you look for emerald shards
    Agreed, the emerald shards don't drop nearly as fast as the crests. I've picked up 4 shards in about 7 stacks of ore. I was getting a crest between 1-2 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by me_greedo View Post
    Agreed, the emerald shards don't drop nearly as fast as the crests. I've picked up 4 shards in about 7 stacks of ore. I was getting a crest between 1-2 stacks.
    You are far more luck then I am. I've collected between 7 and 10 stacks of ore and not a single shard has dropped.

Holy cow!! I would consider myself extremely lucky if I found even one shard in seven stacks of ore. Most nights I will go flat out mining 900 or so ores until my tools break and not get a single shard.

Tarnished crests on the other hand I would easily get one every couple of days just doing casual mining.

I believe they have turned off the random drops of "Tarnished Crests" completely. I've done the daily Iserngraf quest 10 times (I've got the compendium IV's to prove it). I've had none, nada, zilch. I reckon each pass of Iserngraf is between 20 and 30 ore nodes making between 200 and 300 nodes I've visited since the latest upgrade. Okay the percentage could be low and yes I could have been unlucky, but the longer it goes on the clearer the evidence is becoming clear that the percentage is now zero. I had been picking up these up on rare occasions and had just enough to make a complete set of 85th level armour, jewellery etc. (approx. 20). I now have none and there are none in the auction house at any cost. Another indication that they are no longer available from random drops.

i have only ever gotten maybe 2 crests or sigils total throughout my entire time playing lotro

and i have collected enough to fully master every tier multiple times in getting full rep of my guild

I just got two over my last 3 days of playing, so they still do drop. I hadn't seen one for weeks before that.
    Robori - Lv86 Guardian on Brandywine. Member of the Runic Knights.

My goodness I'd love to be as lucky as you. I'm over 3,000 ore collected with 2 emerald shards to show for it.

It is merely luck. Happily, the tarnished crests can be gad for marks and meds if needed. Check crafting guy at skirm camp.