We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I love this thread. I was browsing the forums today and came across a category idea and promptly dug up this gem to post it.

The Analogeyser - These posters often realize that nobody understands the topic besides themselves. Thankfully, they feel compelled to explain it using analogies they themselves have to think through. Their posts often compare the topic using similes, which are riddled with the word, like. On rare occasion, they devote their analogy to the less understandable metaphor, using the font that is their knowledge like a geyser, to spout an indecipherable meaning upon their audience.

As for me, I'd say I fall into the category of a casual tutor with a tin hat.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I'm the casual mom/dad.

Edit: I'd also put myself in the not listed "Factual" category. I take everything said with a grain of salt unless there is hard evidence to back it up. I'm not fond of hearsay and assumptions and tend to dismiss anyone using it as fact.
    Last edited by LethalLethality; Mar 02 2014 at 02:50 PM.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Thanks, you two, those are awesome additions, I'm putting both of them in!

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Edit: I'd also put myself in the not listed "Factual" category. I take everything said with a grain of salt unless there is hard evidence to back it up. I'm not fond of hearsay and assumptions and tend to dismiss anyone using it as fact.
    Totally agree on that one. I don't care whose uncle's cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend's mother said what... I want PROOF. ^_^
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    -- The Compulsive Boxer. Some folks just seem to have an obsession to put every person in a box category. This people usually follow social stereotypes & more frequent force fit someone in a category that doesn't belongs.
    Hah, YamydeAragon, you nailed us! This whole thread is about putting people in boxes, but in a nice way! Well, they're ovals in the diagram, not boxes, but same thing! [the nice part is, I think everyone agrees that no one has to stay in a certain box...people tend to move around over time with their forum style!]

+Rep LOL, this is one of the best posts I've read in a long, long time.

Hey, Frickinmuck! Glad you like it, it took a whole community of folks to assemble it as well as we've got it thus far.

I thought I'd necro this gem for the community. Some of us need a little laugh right now, and who better to laugh at then yourself!

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    There's a thread I've not seen in a while. Happy to see I've not really changed since. The Factual Mom. :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3