We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

yellow tanking with two-hander

Guardians being so powerfull atm i decided to make my guardian tank yellow lined using twohander. Thats fun imo. But i have a problem i need some advice for.

My warchant wakes all mobs in a large radius even pulling groups of mobs in nearby rooms. Now take library end boss: dont kill the birds !! How do U avoid that ?

some tips be very welcome

It's difficult not to awaken stunned/riddled enemies when traited with Fighter of the Shadow as it is so Multi-target focused. If War Chant's range is too much for you like you say I would suggest removing any trait points you have in 'Demoralizing Anthem'. Additionally, after a while you will get use to knowing roughly just by eye how far your chant goes, then you will be able to have a fair idea beforehand whether it will arouse the ire of nearby enemies, or awaken stubbed ones, before you use it. That is the sort of thing that only comes with practice though, it can't be taught.

Also it's worth mentioning that just because we have a skill doesn't mean it's useful in every situation. The Challenge in the Library at Tham Mirdaim is one such example; simply don't use War Chant there. Hope this helps.
    [center][I]"No, you are right. There is strength in these hobbits yet,
    and if they need to repel dangers from outside, they will do so."[/I]
    -Ranger Halros[/center]

Ty for replying Ruthelia. Yes it helps

I was simply trying to lure if any would pop up with a "i did like this". The thing is for that fight that its ot only warchant being excluded for use if achieving challenge. Whirling retaliation, sweeping cut, vexing blow and maybe one or two more - cant recall all just now - is out of play in this fight as well - since the birds only have a 1-2k hps iirc.

Ill find a day to go and then only use Guardian ward, sting and then the 2 taunts shouts. The biggest problem proly being avoid getting lost on the keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Epac View Post
    Ty for replying Ruthelia. Yes it helps

I was simply trying to lure if any would pop up with a "i did like this". The thing is for that fight that its ot only warchant being excluded for use if achieving challenge. Whirling retaliation, sweeping cut, vexing blow and maybe one or two more - cant recall all just now - is out of play in this fight as well - since the birds only have a 1-2k hps iirc.

Ill find a day to go and then only use Guardian ward, sting and then the 2 taunts shouts. The biggest problem proly being avoid getting lost on the keyboard
    For that specific fight (final boss in Lib) just go Blue. You can either hit your single target skills only, or simply walk away and auto-attack the boss down (takes a while, 10-14 minutes or so). The reactive heals on Blue more than keep pace with your incoming damage.
    I had
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a6174/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    as a sig before it was popular

My warchant wakes all mobs in a large radius even pulling groups of mobs in nearby rooms. Now take library end boss: dont kill the birds !! How do U avoid that ?
    A very simple but serious response: Don't use warchant in that fight. For the same reason any class with a long range AoE shouldn't use it in that situation. You have enough single target skills that you can still kill the boss. It will be slower, but you won't fail the challenge. You don't even need to switch your spec. Just don't hit the handful of AoE buttons.

Guardians being so powerfull atm i decided to make my guardian tank yellow lined using twohander. Thats fun imo. But i have a problem i need some advice for.

some tips be very welcome
    If you don't mind exploiting*, then aggro final boss, break the encounter by running down any corridor. Once the boss resets then charge in and AOE everything. After collecting your challenge loot make sure to file a /bug report.

*You are in danger of having your account banned, deleted, burned at the stake and put in a hobbit pie if you use known exploits and are caught. I may or may not have been using it for a long time and have yet to be pied.

The best answer is probably not to use AOEs if your a stickler for arbitrary rules.