We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Celebration Of Victory quest still bugged in 12.1

I have the quest active but I can't turn it in.
    I am supposed to talk to Frithild but she isn't there. There is a gold ring on the mini map where she used to sit but she isn't there to clickie.
    Before 12.1 she was sitting there but I couldn't interact with her = no clickie.

I submitted a bug a couple weeks ago and when I put in a ticket the GM just says to report a bug.

This quest prevents me from continuing the quest line where I am rewarded a Trait point so I'm stuck at 64 trait points until this is fixed.

Can a GM intervene to either:
    1) Award me the trait point and mark as completed the 5 or 6 quests remaining in the quest line for me?
    2) Complete this quest for me and make the next quest in the sequence active in my quest log?
    3) Fix whatever the bug is?
    Last edited by FittyBolger; Dec 16 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

I just went to Stoke with the hopes that the problem had been fixed (previously hadn't been able to talk to Frithild to turn the quest in) and have noticed the same thing--Frithild is nowhere to be found. There are, however, TWO versions of Ordlac available (one standing and one seated). Sadly, neither one is at all talkative.
    [i]Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.[/i]

Is Frithild in the corner of the hall? If you are looking at the table pan left, there is some kind of barrel in a small section. I found Frithild behind that barrel, not sure what quest that was for tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Susurrus View Post
    I just went to Stoke with the hopes that the problem had been fixed (previously hadn't been able to talk to Frithild to turn the quest in) and have noticed the same thing--Frithild is nowhere to be found. There are, however, TWO versions of Ordlac available (one standing and one seated). Sadly, neither one is at all talkative.
    I had a similar issue (I think) but I've come to the conclusion that if you've run the quest line that kills Frithild, then you won't even be able to finish the quest. I am pretty sure that's what happened to me. I noticed that Frithild was still in her seat at the table but behind/under another character sitting there, Ordlac I think, then later she was sitting under her son (don't remember his name).

you are not looking for her clone in the corner? then try this:

- click the ring on the minimap - should bring "your" Frithild into your target
    - rightclick on her portrait/your target, choose "interact" (or something similar)

Quote Originally Posted by Horrgrad View Post
    you are not looking for her clone in the corner? then try this:

- click the ring on the minimap - should bring "your" Frithild into your target
    - rightclick on her portrait/your target, choose "interact" (or something similar)
    I saw this and thought BINGO! Sadly when I click on the ring in the minimap the game just has me targeting me. So that didn't work.

I'm stuck at the part of the quest where you are supposed to attend the feast. She's not supposed to be gone at this point either. Looks like the fix for the duplicate Frithhilds took out all the Frithhilds. I also got no help from putting in a ticket. They didn't even talk to me, just closed the ticket with a "bug it" response. =/

What's worse is I don't know if I can continue any of the story lines now. Leaving me with 61 points.
    ============
    Amended to add..

I cancelled the quest, and took it again after the retry timer expired. Still no joy in having her to talk to. I rode to Aldburg, clicked on the mithril coin express to Frithhild, and lo' she was there, I could click on her, port into the quest, and continue... After finishing the quest, I could then talk to Thane Ordlac and carry on.

Why did this cost me 5 mithril coins? Clearly a GM or CSR (Customer *service* Representative) could have done the same thing, no? <shakes head> Clearly I'm not the only person with this issue, ~put in a bug report~ isn't helpful. Really.
    Last edited by Lareleloth; Dec 17 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    [url=http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/138883/Tinalynth48281Pop.jpg][IMG]http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/138883/Tinalynth48281Pop.jpg[/IMG][/url]

I am having the same issue. I am VERY frustrated with the form letter response I got from a GM. I think that we deserve better. I dont understand why they would say that they fixed this when clearly they didn't. This is terrible customer service.

Well I finished the quest and quest line.

One of the first things I'll try when a quest is bugged Is to cancel the quest and try again.
    I did cancel it prior to the 12.1 patch with no success.

I cancelled it again today and this time it worked and Frithild was back in her chair.
    If you cancel inside the Mead Hall I had to exit and re-enter for her to appear.

Did the quest line and got my 65th Trait point so I happily say good-bye to bugs, Stoke and Frithild... until I level my next character at least...
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post

If you cancel inside the Mead Hall I had to exit and re-enter for her to appear.

^ This worked for me.. thanks!!!!!
    100Grd 103Min 101Ch 100RK 100Cpt 103Hunt 101Wdn 100Burg 58LM ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    35Grd 35Min 35Ch 37RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::