We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unsure where to turn to

I had a message from a forum staff member. I answered but had no reply. I replied again thinking I somehow got the message system wrong and still no reply. I sent yet another message and this time added another staff member as a recipient. No reply. I figured perhaps I had somehow messed up adding a name so I wrote again but this time added one name and so sent two personal messages. No reply. This was between jan 30 and feb 8.

I decided perhaps something was happening at the office or these people were on a holiday so I opened a regular support ticket for community related issues but this ticket has had no response.

That was feb 10 and the ticket automated reply gives number #24001-569469 (if someone who knows this stuff browses here).

The original message from the staff member was on jan 29. If you recall, there were a series of very aggressive spammers. A message supposed to be aimed at one of them appears to have ended up with me, after I reported one of the spam threads. At least this is my interpretation but who knows, I have had no further communication.

Is there yet another place to go for forum related issues, other than support ticket and messaging the original member of staff and relaying two of those messages to one other who appears to have been active?

You need to be patient. I don't know whom you sent the messages to, but they are probably confronted with a lot of tickets, messages, and other notifications, and work them down one by one. Which takes some time.

If the message was along the line of 'you partook in spam, and might be banned', and you replied, 'no, I am innocent, let me play', and yet lost access to your account, you should better try to call Turbine at business hours. The people on the phone line are helpful and will resolve your issue much faster than a ticket can.

Sending several messages in a row will not help; it might even have an adverse effect, as the last one might be considered to be the relevant one, and be put in the waiting line - at its end.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    You need to be patient. I don't know whom you sent the messages to, but they are probably confronted with a lot of tickets, messages, and other notifications, and work them down one by one. Which takes some time.

If the message was along the line of 'you partook in spam, and might be banned', and you replied, 'no, I am innocent, let me play', and yet lost access to your account, you should better try to call Turbine at business hours. The people on the phone line are helpful and will resolve your issue much faster than a ticket can.

Sending several messages in a row will not help; it might even have an adverse effect, as the last one might be considered to be the relevant one, and be put in the waiting line - at its end.

Greetings, Polymachos
    The OP needs to talk with the Community Site team. Calling will do no good since Account Management has nothing to do with the forums and will not be able to help. Forums are handled by the Community Site team (i.e., Sapience, forum admins, forum moderators, etc). You cannot reach them phone. You can only reach them through a ticket to the Community Site team or sending them a PM. Sending a PM goes to only those you send the PM to, while a ticket can be accessed by all of them. Since each person may get a lot of PMs you need to wait for them to wade through the list to get to yours.

I do agree though, that sending multiple tickets/messages does not help.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    I do agree though, that sending multiple tickets/messages does not help.
    I do have access to my account. The three messages sent to the original forum moderator was over a period of nine days, and I had no reason not to be polite. Two of those were also sent to Sapience, just not sure I got the multiple recipients correct for the first one. After that I gave it an additional couple of days and made the one community-related ticket.

I do hope three messages and a ticket between jan 29 and feb 10 isn't experienced as a barrage of attempts at communicating =) Then I let it be another six days and popped on here to see if perhaps I'd used the wrong venues but it seems I opted for the right ones.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Thank you both!

I do have access to my account. The three messages sent to the original forum moderator was over a period of nine days, and I had no reason not to be polite. Two of those were also sent to Sapience, just not sure I got the multiple recipients correct for the first one. After that I gave it an additional couple of days and made the one community-related ticket.

I do hope three messages and a ticket between jan 29 and feb 10 isn't experienced as a barrage of attempts at communicating =) Then I let it be another six days and popped on here to see if perhaps I'd used the wrong venues but it seems I opted for the right ones.

Thanks again
    I'm very sorry for the double post bumping but this remains unanswered via mail or forum message. It's been 22 days since the original forum message from the forum moderator name Tirithest.

...and another couple of days passed, with no contact initiated.

I start to wonder if I'm checking the correct mail account - then I realize there was no communication back to me here on forums either.

*makes some more tea, waits patiently*

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I don't know what issue you were having, and I've checked my inbox and found no PMs from you but I can tell you two things for sure.

1- Community guidelines prevent us from discussing any moderation action of decisions in public (actually, you or us).
    2- Bumping threads is a violation of the same community guidelines.

Feel free to send me a PM, but let's try to avoid additional issues and violations.