We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Good spot to obtain level 86+ LI's?

Looking for junk LI's to level and decon, so lower the level the better (86 is cheapest to reforge). Anyone know a world area or instance that this can be done quickly and efficiently. I was thinking of Sword Halls T2 but just ran that and got no LI's, although I know it will drop some LI's occasionally, it probably isn't the most efficient. AH usually go for 200s+ and I go through LI's quickly.

Try running Sammath Gul at 86; I ran it the other day (at 95) and a ton of LIs dropped.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by mattspencer View Post
    Looking for junk LI's to level and decon, so lower the level the better (86 is cheapest to reforge). Anyone know a world area or instance that this can be done quickly and efficiently. I was thinking of Sword Halls T2 but just ran that and got no LI's, although I know it will drop some LI's occasionally, it probably isn't the most efficient. AH usually go for 200s+ and I go through LI's quickly.
    AH is vastly most efficient if they are available. You can get 200s worth of vendor trash in minutes, right? How many LIs relevant to your class do you expect will drop in an instance? For relics bridles are fine too of course.

That said, places where you can massacre landscape mobs on your horse seem like a good bet, e.g. orc/bandit/etc camps.

200s is pretty good yes, but there are very very few available for that cheap. It seems like 400s to 1g seems to be the going rate of norm, and bridles are almost always more expensive.

I am using the LI's to get relics from, so I believe they need to be level 86+ to get tier 7's.

I have not really noticed any difference in legendary items between lvls 86-95 compared to lvls 76-85 when it comes to the quality of relics they poop. Looks about the same.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

I'd suggest Stoneheight.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Stoneheight worked pretty well, although I have to think it is about as good as Sword Hall T2. I really liked the orc/half orc/uruk camps, I think that is really the best for just getting LI's. I will test a 85 vs 86 LI later, but I don't remember 85's giving tier 7's.

I deconned about 4 level 76-85 LI's and got one to give one tier 7 relic. I also deconned a few 86+'s and got a poor rate of tier 7's. This is a small sample, but I feel like I used to get more tier 7's consistently before the latest update. I could be wrong. Either way, it seems that deconning level 76+ LI's is the way to go for max relics, but I will test this out some more. So it would seem that you should AH buy 76+ LI's, and probably go to 86+ camps/instances due to them giving you xp/task items etc that are worthwhile.

I've been farming around Bosa's Farm near Entwade with my level capped characters off and on for the last couple of weeks. I was primarily doing this to harvest all the nodes looking for shards plus the large number of corpses, chests, and backpacks, but was also killing all the uruks that spawn around there for the slayer deed. In the process of doing that, I picked up a few 86 LIs for my 85 Hunter to use in the near future. I also did some running back and forth along the river, although that area has few loot nodes.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com