We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

MTBF reduced to 30 minutes after 12.3

It seems to me that there were changes made to the Mac Client in 12.3

Basically, I am seeing closer to 30 minutes MTBF rather than the previous 45.

Also, the dumps are "different." I haven't looked at them closely, but they seem to be pointing at a different problem.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

When I previously played the Mac client it was always around 30-35 mins, except when I ported which crashed immediately around 50% of the time.
    On win 7(64) in bootcamp it crashed to desktop once every 3 days, I couldn't see a common cause.

I play on 2 different macs:

iMac
    27-inch, late 2013
    3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7
    16GB 1600MHZ DDR3
    NVIDIA GeGorce GTX 780M 4096 MB
    OS X 10.9.1

and

MacBook Pro
    13-inch, Mid 2012
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    OS X 10.9.1

Looking at the specs, one would think the former (which my family affectionately calls "the Mac Daddy") would play without crashes far better than the notebook. But this was not the case. I found I could play for hours on the laptop, but the desktop would crash every 30-45 minutes. (By the way, I have noticed that crashes are more frequent since the recent update.) Then I realized it: on the laptop, graphics settings were on Low, on the desktop High or maybe even the one above High (can't remember what it is called). Turning down the graphics to low allows me to play for far longer, depending on what exactly I'm doing, though I still do crash more on the higher end computer than the laptop. I guess this is the dreaded memory leak. I just never really had it on the older laptop running lower graphics settings.

It is a quite frustrating. So I just play on low unless I feel I have to see the details (Lothlorien for example is so beautiful).

Wishing for a solution...

A thing I found. If you are running with 6gb memory close unused apps if possible as you can run close to this with iTunes, Safari, messages etc running with lotro.
    To confirm launch activity monitor in applications>utilities and click the memory tab.
    I'm going to upgrade my machine to 12gb soon not only for lotro but other apps too.