We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It could be, for some reason now I can post in other places. But earlier today I couldnt at all.
    It's weird, but I wish they'd give us an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by AztecTemplar View Post
    It could be, for some reason now I can post in other places. But earlier today I couldnt at all.
    It's weird, but I wish they'd give us an explanation.
    If the way around the posting limitation were known publicly, then the spammers would know it too.
    Thus, allowing them to skirt the limit, negating its effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_music View Post
    Hi,

I'm not a new player nor have I ever tried to post in forums until today with a couple of suggestions, but I am unable to post there. Reading thru forum guidelines etc all I've found is something about being registered and I should be able to post. If there is something I've missed please point me in the direction of it or the reason I am unable to post anywhere but here.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I've also the same problem. Reading thru forum guidelines etc all I've found is something about being registered and I should be able to post.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRobin View Post
    Hi,
    I've also the same problem. Reading thru forum guidelines etc all I've found is something about being registered and I should be able to post.
    See Sapience's post earlier in the thread. Since your forum account is stamped March 2014, it will apply to you as well. Even if your game account is older, if you had not logged onto the forum at all, it looks like it counts the first forum logon as your start date for whatever restrictions they have on new forum accounts.

You will be able to post elsewhere eventually, just stick with it and put whatever posts you need here for now.

Joined forums recently...

I also "activated" my forum account recently to make some suggestions, but playing LOTRO for a long time. You "activate" your forum-account, if you log-in the first time into the forums.

As an experienced player and VIP-subscriber, it sounds a little bit strange to me, that I have to wait a certain period of time till I get full-access to the other forum sections only because I joined the forums recently.
    I guess some patience is needed

Hi
    I've also the same problem and its fixed now

Hey there, not a new player, 2 years almost on LOTRO but can't create new topics on most of the forums sections, not even on general or suggestions. Account created on the forums on May 2012, same time i'm playing the game pretty much.

Cheers,
    Drag

To repeat;
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Though, you haven't been particularly active on the forums over those two years... Have you?

There was a recent attack of spambots against the forums. To combat this, they put posting restrictions. How to have unfettered posting is unclear (for good reason, we wouldn't want the spambots to know). Until then, you can post any question you may have here.

Quote Originally Posted by wild_nut View Post
    but was wondering if anyone know how to post in forums, it would be appriecated.
    There is no clear answer. And, as I stated right above your very post, if the way around the posting restrictions were known, the spammers would get around the restrictions.
    The best speculation I can offer is being regularly active on the forums.

the suggestion that i had was about the guild symbol cd's, i would like to see them on a universal cd instead of player base like the hobbit gifts, that way if i was not online at 9 am because i was at work i would be able to do it when i got home that night and not lose 8-10 hrs of reset time before able to make the next one.
    That's an interesting suggestion, but it's the reason they already removed 6 hours from each cooldown.

if i think of anything else ill update post, thank you if this get in the right thread
    Don't do that.

a) There is no notification when a post is edited. So, any additions will be overlooked.
    b) If you want to discuss anything other than the posting restrictions, you should make your own thread rather than drag this one further off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    There is no clear answer. And, as I stated right above your very post, if the way around the posting restrictions were known, the spammers would get around the restrictions.
    The best speculation I can offer is being regularly active on the forums.

That's an interesting suggestion, but it's the reason they already removed 6 hours from each cooldown.

Don't do that.

a) There is no notification when a post is edited. So, any additions will be overlooked.
    b) If you want to discuss anything other than the posting restrictions, you should make your own thread rather than drag this one further off topic.

Well loled a bit at your reply, first of all, the fact i don't deal much with the Forums doesn't mean i don't deserve or shouldn't be allowed to post, at least in the most common areas honestly, and i have to be active "on the Forum" to post a suggestion for ingame content??!?! Big LOL man...sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

As for the spammers, i'm sorry to hear that and it's really unfortunate but it's not my fault they bypassed the "security system" Turbine has implemented on the Forums, therefore they have to adress and target the issues related to the accounts involved or find a way to do so, and that's their problem not every user, player or whatever you wanna call it problem. I can't give a suggestion, post something on general discussion or adress something of what-so-ever, because Turbine got their Forums spammed by some jackasses and now they blocked it for all its users?! That's just stupid and nonsense, sorry for the words, but it is.

So yeah, i find quite pathetic to be forbidden to do so aswell i believe surely feel a lot of fellow LOTRO players in this comunity.

Cheers.

I'm a bit confuse here but what exactly is the point of spamming a forum? What do the spammers get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by benqcrv View Post
    I'm a bit confuse here but what exactly is the point of spamming a forum? What do the spammers get out of it?
    All they might need is one or two people a week to accidentally click their links. The spam is a wide net they cast at very little cost, so they don't need much in the way of returns to make it worth the time.

This is one of the reasons I think a reasonable restriction to put on new forum accounts would be, no posting links. That would cut into the effectiveness and might make spamming a bit less worthwhile. As things stand now, they can only spam links in the new player forum, but that is exactly where they might be most likely to find people who are not as aware of the risks of clicking links.

And that's when I wanted to participate in some flame at last lol... Well, good for me I won't waste time, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakenellan View Post
    And that's when I wanted to participate in some flame at last lol... Well, good for me I won't waste time, I guess.
    See, the policy saved you from yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEurypterus View Post
    I also "activated" my forum account recently to make some suggestions, but playing LOTRO for a long time. You "activate" your forum-account, if you log-in the first time into the forums.

As an experienced player and VIP-subscriber, it sounds a little bit strange to me, that I have to wait a certain period of time till I get full-access to the other forum sections only because I joined the forums recently.
    I guess some patience is needed
    As has been stated, its not really a particular length of time. The exact method has not been disclosed, to prevent spammers bypassing this. Consider this the waiting room. Hang out, chat, ask questions, and you'll be able to access the rest of the forums shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2