We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Failing to connect to patch server

I'm not sure if my failure to connect to the patch server is a unique problem on my end or if the patch server is currently down. I know the northeast just got bombarded by yet another storm, so I'm thinking that it is the latter, but I haven't seen any information that points in this direction. If the patch server is indeed up and functioning as normal, where do I go from here on diagnosing what I must do to correct this?

As far as what I'm seeing in the launcher: status bar says "connecting to patch server", with a 33% progress bar loaded. Then it says "an update error occurred", "server connection timed out", and it retries to connect after counting down from 60secs.

me 2\

It is happening to me 2 and im in indiana im frrezing at 33% with same error too

same here as well....man i haven't been on here in ages wth's up with the forums....

Not working yet.

It's been a full 24 hours now. Will not connect to server.

same but works on other laptop

I can connect with no issue using my windows vista laptop, yet on this one, windows 8..i have the same issue as you...check all the settings and nothing is different...no firewall issue..no port issue ect..

far as what I'm seeing in the launcher: status bar says "connecting to patch server", with a 33% progress bar loaded. Then it says "an update error occurred", "server connection timed out", and it retries to connect after counting down from 60secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy_Cain325 View Post
    I'm not sure if my failure to connect to the patch server is a unique problem on my end or if the patch server is currently down. I know the northeast just got bombarded by yet another storm, so I'm thinking that it is the latter, but I haven't seen any information that points in this direction. If the patch server is indeed up and functioning as normal, where do I go from here on diagnosing what I must do to correct this?

As far as what I'm seeing in the launcher: status bar says "connecting to patch server", with a 33% progress bar loaded. Then it says "an update error occurred", "server connection timed out", and it retries to connect after counting down from 60secs.
    Getting the same message here.

Same datacenter ####

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-by-Client

Searching for logon server attempt 20 of 20 failed.

Connection failed:
    Client timed out the connection.

Severs affected:
    Gladden
    Brandywine
    Landroval

Ironically I can logon to Arkenstone.

Edit:
    DDO launcher stuck at installing prereqs, another Turbine sh!t datacenter outage?

Still a problem after checking sources

I have done the bug report thing..checked alllll the Turbine support pages..and forums...

I also have the game on a laptop with windows vista...and the laptop that has the problem is a windows 8.

Both system have exactly the same programs loaded...same antivirus stuff..niether have a firewall issue..and on and on...the only difference in the two system is that one is on vista..and one is on windows 8...

So i can tell ya..it's not a proxy thing..not a port thing..not a networking thing...nothing execpt a LOTRO Client issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltarWolf View Post
    I have done the bug report thing..checked alllll the Turbine support pages..and forums...

I also have the game on a laptop with windows vista...and the laptop that has the problem is a windows 8.

Both system have exactly the same programs loaded...same antivirus stuff..niether have a firewall issue..and on and on...the only difference in the two system is that one is on vista..and one is on windows 8...

So i can tell ya..it's not a proxy thing..not a port thing..not a networking thing...nothing execpt a LOTRO Client issue.
    I have to disagree with your conclusion. In your case, this is not a LOTRO client issue. You have:
    • A system with Windows Vista, which is supported by LOTRO, that connects without any issue.
    • A system with Windows 8, which is not supported by LOTRO, that has issues connecting.

Sorry, but based on the information you have provided you have a Windows 8 problem, and not a LOTRO client issue. If this were a LOTRO client issue you would have the same problem with your Windows Vista system as well.

Angry

Got the same problem, no idea what to do. Guess I won't be able to play this game at all.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lling-pre-reqs

Turned on Auto-update and turned off proxy. The game is now updating/patching.

I just turned off proxy and now everything is updating and is now pass 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Elgyth View Post

Oh my god it works. :O Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudragon View Post
    Oh my god it works. :O Thanks!
    Does not work for me. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
    Yup, still having problems connecting to the patch server on one of my computational systems...

omfg it worked!!! holy ####....wish they'd fix i tho.

Unhappy

any news on the connection issues yet? everything was great this morning, alas when i tried to log back in this evening I am stuck at the patch server screen.........

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
    I'm having the same problems as well. Just started playing yesterday and now this? I'm a little disappointed.

Not getting any change altering the proxy settings. :/

Perfect fix! Thanks Elgyth

Still having PROBLEMS!!!

I tried visting the site mentioned above to turn on the auto update an turn off proxy but every time I click on the link it either brings up a blank page or bring up the LOTRO new sign-up page...Please someone help me, its been like 4 days since I was able to get on an I don't know how much longer I can take it...HELP, I miss my Othsworn of Windfola Kinship!!!