We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

champ war-steed?

what's a good war-steed for champions (light, medium or heavy)
    and should i specialzie in red, yellow or blue? (just got my war-steed yesterday)

I prefer Heavy/Riddermark.

a) Riddermark makes your attacks AoE, so you can kill multiple enemies at the same time.
    b) Heavy has a lot more survivability that the others.
    c) Heavy/Riddermark capstone reduces your power costs, so you can save your Morale/Power heal until when you need it.

I also prefer heavy, huge crits (45k+) 30K AoE, and great morale/power restore. and if you get the -25% attack duration crafted relic and -15% attack duration melded relic, you'll auto-attack at about 3-4k dps at 95 not including skills.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Hi,

I beg to differ, light steed all the way! Ok, i'm probably a bit biased as i use light-steed on every class... But once i got used to the speed and turn-rate i just can't imagine ever going back to heavy/medium.

Light/yellow on a champ is incredibly powefull. If it get's hairy just stance-dance a bit (almost never happens though, shorter cooldown on selfheal on crit in yellow is normally enough to take everything out before you are down)

Succesfully soloed all warbands exept 2 solo on level this way, and i suck at MC, so it can't be that bad

Regards
    /T

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I also prefer heavy, huge crits (45k+) 30K AoE, and great morale/power restore. and if you get the -25% attack duration crafted relic and -15% attack duration melded relic, you'll auto-attack at about 3-4k dps at 95 not including skills.
    ^This. I find people overrate light steeds significantly, often because they don't want to put in the time to understand the benefits of a heavy steed (or medium for that matter).

Champs = Heavy no doubt about it. I prefer Red Dawn's single target DPS however as you'll rarely encounter a bunch of mobs at once. Even when soloing warbands I always take the minions down one at a time. This is just my personal usage, your actual usage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    Champs = Heavy no doubt about it. I prefer Red Dawn's single target DPS however as you'll rarely encounter a bunch of mobs at once. Even when soloing warbands I always take the minions down one at a time. This is just my personal usage, your actual usage may vary.
    Agreed.

And when dealing some unmounted warbands like Bugrahk, the Trample skill does serious damage and knockback to as many mobs as you can run through.

I've been using a light steed in Riddermark. Some of the warbands in West Rohan are kind of tough, but for any other battle light and yellow. Riddermark for AoE, light because I can't stand not being fast and relatively responsive.