We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Monsters or Madness...A very strange quest

    I'm trying to come up with a reason behind the Monsters and Madness raid quest in Broadacres, which provides no incentive for anyone to get a raid together to complete it. I did it the first few days of the expansion on my main because there were people around questing and many did not know that the reward was LI and steed XP.

    What was the thinking around this? To have people do something collectively? The quest seems to go against the general move toward solo content in RoR and HD expansions. If the quest gave an emerald shard or even a lvl 90 teal armor piece it would make more sense in incentivizing people to work collectively.

    Dunno, just seems weird. I skip it on all my alts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanil View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a reason behind the Monsters and Madness raid quest in Broadacres, which provides no incentive for anyone to get a raid together to complete it. I did it the first few days of the expansion on my main because there were people around questing and many did not know that the reward was LI and steed XP.

    What was the thinking around this? To have people do something collectively? The quest seems to go against the general move toward solo content in RoR and HD expansions. If the quest gave an emerald shard or even a lvl 90 teal armor piece it would make more sense in incentivizing people to work collectively.

    Dunno, just seems weird. I skip it on all my alts.
    Devs got bored designing the 10th variation of "collect x root vegetables" and "collect x boards,planks,tent poles,etc." I suppose. But, I agree that the reward doesn't begin to match the fact that for most folks, grouping is necessary for this one.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

  3. #3
    Have you not seen all the threads complaining about how lacking in difficulty the game has become?

    The quest is an optional challenge. Nothing more.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Have you not seen all the threads complaining about how lacking in difficulty the game has become?

    The quest is an optional challenge. Nothing more.
    Yes people all over are complaining about the ez-mode state the game is in. But I'm not quite following your response. Are you saying that this quest was developed to be a challenge for people? If people want a challenge they can run an instance. Why have a quest that makes you run all over HD to kill elite mobs (which can be taken down by 2-3 people), and give no rewards? Sorry if I'm nitpicking but I can't find the reason for it. At least the Culling Pit in Dunland gave some decent loot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanil View Post
    If people want a challenge they can run an instance.
    I have. Solo. That's not much of a challenge.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The quest is an optional challenge. Nothing more.
    Optional yes, but challenge? Well, if not falling asleep counts as challenge then yes.
    The quest felt like someone thought "oh lets add some landscape raid content like in Angmar" and designed it in 10 minutes of his free time (put 3 upscaled generic mobs on random spots in the landscape and create a wrapper quest to connect them).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

  7. #7
    Atleast killing Bogbereth on level was diffilcult
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arkenstone
    Posts
    399
    No, there isn't really a good in-game reason to do the quest. That said, my reaction was "Wow, that's a BIG TURTLE!" I enjoyed the quest a bit more than most, despite the running around. Hopefully others had the same experience making it have a good out of game reason to run it.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    If you read the quest dialog, you'll know that the guy is seen by his mates to be crazy, and he's just looking for believers in some of the more fantastical stories he's heard.

    Example? If you do the Ents quests you get from him before you do the Torferth quests for Torsbury, the ent from the quests will come aide you inside the instance when re-taking torsbury. The ent won't be there if you don't do the fangorn ent quests first. Its kindof nice since the last boss in there really does hit decently hard and the ent can tank him for you.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    The quest isn't really a raid level quest. I soloed the whole thing on my hunter only asking for a little help on one part from a kin mate because I didn't feel like sitting there for 30 min DPSing down a turtle. I imagine I'll solo it without help on my Captain except for perhaps a bit more DPS to make it go faster.

    The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload