We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Burglar PvP

  1. #1

    Burglar PvP

    Enjoy!




    *video is blocked in Germany*
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    *video is blocked in Germany*
    Bummer
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    ...
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Bummer
    I'll remove the offending song and upload a separate unlisted version so you can see it.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    I'll remove the offending song and upload a separate unlisted version so you can see it.
    No need, thanks! I managed to bypass that stupid block
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    ...
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    No need, thanks! I managed to bypass that stupid block
    Sweet! Glad to hear it
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    No need, thanks! I managed to bypass that stupid block
    Same here, cannot comment on Youtube though

    Especially Minute 7.07-7.40 is awesome. High ranked wargs with a WL who want to kill a burg, jump into death and a WL who won't heal the dying warg :P

  7. #7
    To my knowledge the warg pack was not grouped with the WL- WL just realized they were around and had been there heal tagging them. I had been snagging a kill or two from the pack (although dying every time, of course), and then decided to jump for it.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    To my knowledge the warg pack was not grouped with the WL- WL just realized they were around and had been there heal tagging them. I had been snagging a kill or two from the pack (although dying every time, of course), and then decided to jump for it.
    I see - nice clip anyway ^^

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,850
    You've passed level 1. Now, for level 2 - do it with a hunter!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes8 View Post
    Same here, cannot comment on Youtube though
    Yeah, me neither.
    Nice vid, Spilo. Love your editing.

    I really hope they find away to buff our PvE group contribution abilities without making us horribly overpowered in PvMP... CdG already is way too strong.
    And I still can't wrap my head around why they want to buff survivability...
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    ...
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    You've passed level 1. Now, for level 2 - do it with a hunter!
    Haha, I don't know about that. I may be stupid, but I'm not insane.

    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Yeah, me neither.
    Nice vid, Spilo. Love your editing.

    I really hope they find away to buff our PvE group contribution abilities without making us horribly overpowered in PvMP... CdG already is way too strong.
    And I still can't wrap my head around why they want to buff survivability...
    Eh, it's not CDG as much as it is All-In swapping and a few other silly mechanics that others may not be aware of.

    Glad you enjoyed the video!
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Haha, I don't know about that. I may be stupid, but I'm not insane.



    Eh, it's not CDG as much as it is All-In swapping and a few other silly mechanics that others may not be aware of.

    Glad you enjoyed the video!
    Hm, imo CdG is silly. Even without All-In swapping taking 1/3 -1/2 of a creeps morale with one skill (ok, technically it's some more) is ridiculous.
    Provoke mez is over the top, too, of course - no need to mention that.
    What other mechanics are you talking about? Force dev CA? That's a thing I can think of that many people probably don't know. Highly underrated
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    ...
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Hm, imo CdG is silly. Even without All-In swapping taking 1/3 -1/2 of a creeps morale with one skill (ok, technically it's some more) is ridiculous.
    Provoke mez is over the top, too, of course - no need to mention that.
    What other mechanics are you talking about? Force dev CA? That's a thing I can think of that many people probably don't know. Highly underrated
    Check your messages.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Check your messages.
    I think most everyone would agree that you are an exceptional player, Spilo. I do have a question, if I may?

    You have strongly spoken out against the upcoming Burglar changes and have often said things like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    As I've said so many times, Burglar's death is greatly exaggerated. The class is inferior in some aspects, yes. Instance are far more AoE friendly now, yes. However, 99% of Burglars would feel a whole lot less underpowered if they actually took the time to learn to play their advanced class.
    Given that, if there are mechanics of which the larger Burglar population might be unaware, why not help to enable the Burglar community by sharing some of your insights regarding them? By helping to raise the overall play of Burglars as a whole, there will be fewer of the mind that Burglars are in need of the kind of help to which you are so strongly opposed.
    Last edited by Valkrist; Sep 14 2016 at 12:58 PM.


    Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

    'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

    The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post


    Given that, if there are mechanics of which the larger Burglar population might be unaware, why not help to enable the Burglar community by sharing some of your insights regarding them? By helping to raise the overall play of Burglars as a whole, there will be fewer of the mind that Burglars are in need of the kind of help to which you are so strongly opposed.
    As the video is perfectly proof of, Burglar is far away for being the advanced class he claim it to be. Especially in pvmp.

    Horrendous editing, music and gameplay. 80% of the video ALL IN + CDG cookiecutter fights, bravo.
    Moridin


    Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

    League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    I think most everyone would agree that you are an exceptional player, Spilo. I do have a question, if I may?

    You have strongly spoken out against the upcoming Burglar changes and have often said things like...



    Given that, if there are mechanics of which the larger Burglar population might be unaware, why not help to enable the Burglar community by sharing some of your insights regarding them? By helping to raise the overall play of Burglars as a whole, there will be fewer of the mind that Burglars are in need of the kind of help to which you are so strongly opposed.
    I don't really consider myself an exceptional player. I appreciate the compliment, I just watch videos and analyze people better than me.

    Honestly attempting to help the Burglar community is 1 step short of a lost cause. This game's PvE environment has been dumbed down so much that most level cap people don't have a clue on how to play their class. If anyone has specific question on PvP burglar, then I'll do my best to answer and/or provide tips, even though my experience in the field is less than of others. It just annoys me that people have the idiocy to ask for something asinine like 50% more out going damage, better survivability, self-heals, etc. for the Burglas class. You're not one of those people- I've found your analyses of the Burglar class to be accurate and well-thought out. But for any buffs to come to the Burglar class, we must first be consistent and ask for broken aspects to be addressed.


    Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    As the video is perfectly proof of, Burglar is far away for being the advanced class he claim it to be. Especially in pvmp.

    Horrendous editing, music and gameplay. 80% of the video ALL IN + CDG cookiecutter fights, bravo.
    At least when Slyre trolls, he makes it believable. You're obsession with me and my opinion is borderline flattering.

    Also, 80%. trolololol
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  17. #17
    Nice video Spilo, I think it shows pretty well the state of burgs in the moors atm.
    Unfortunately for every good burg theres about 10 bad ones, so i feel like some ridiculous changes are coming in U19 or whenever

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post


    At least when Slyre trolls, he makes it believable. You're obsession with me and my opinion is borderline flattering.

    Also, 80%. trolololol
    Funny how the instant focus when someone doesn't praise you it's a troll. Standard reply.
    I have no obession with anyone, but as opinionated as you are i won't shy away from saying that this video is a poor showcasing of pvmp burglar. That is all, nothing more nothing less.
    Moridin


    Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

    League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Funny how the instant focus when someone doesn't praise you it's a troll. Standard reply.
    I have no obession with anyone, but as opinionated as you are i won't shy away from saying that this video is a poor showcasing of pvmp burglar. That is all, nothing more nothing less.
    No, you're just the standard troll because you spend time imparting your opinion in as rude as a way as possible on every topic possible (music, editing, gameplay), do so consistently in regards to me, and then resort to lying to attempt to prove your point (80% all in-CDG, lol, once again). You're not here to provide constructive or even accurate criticism. 2/10 baiting effort, not quite a 1/10 because you baited a response out of me.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    No, you're just the standard troll because you spend time imparting your opinion in as rude as a way as possible on every topic possible (music, editing, gameplay), do so consistently in regards to me, and then resort to lying to attempt to prove your point (80% all in-CDG, lol, once again). You're not here to provide constructive or even accurate criticism. 2/10 baiting effort, not quite a 1/10 because you baited a response out of me.
    I see once again Spilo is at it again on multiple forums, spamming his agenda of protecting his precious Warg in the dead, dying, defunct state of PVMP in this game. I along with multiple guards who didn't actively PvP, or have never done so, had our class damage in red line reduced to a pittance, destroyed our single target damage, Nerfed radiate and insult to injury all because of our supposed game breaking abilities to solo old scalable content. We lost good players and very active forum users like Zonflux. The dev EDGECASE Kevin Nolan, bragged about his balancing of PVP on his Linked-in page, and our class remains broken and ignored still with bleeds still not working correctly, refreshing with tiny 24 bleed ticks, no longer critting, etc. All this was done because of the survivability of the way our class was built post HD, with a tiering system of aoe damage being built into how the class works.

    Now Spilo is out to stop any class that he considers a threat from endangering The Great Black Warg. Fix eye rake and the cool downs on wargs if you want to fix something, or point the real Nerf finger at RKs for their insane damage, or Wardens, the class that continues to be able to even solo the newest 3 man content on t2c like SL, Quays, BBS, and even RC.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    No, you're just the standard troll because you spend time imparting your opinion in as rude as a way as possible on every topic possible (music, editing, gameplay), do so consistently in regards to me, and then resort to lying to attempt to prove your point (80% all in-CDG, lol, once again). You're not here to provide constructive or even accurate criticism. 2/10 baiting effort, not quite a 1/10 because you baited a response out of me.
    Out of curiosity, do you think that burglars should actually get nerfed, or are you saying that because you're afraid that broken elements of the class such as all in swapping, provoke spamming, etc. will cause burglar to be massively overpowered in pvp if there is any kind of buff?
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you think that burglars should actually get nerfed, or are you saying that because you're afraid that broken elements of the class such as all in swapping, provoke spamming, etc. will cause burglar to be massively overpowered in pvp if there is any kind of buff?
    Looking at his past history it has everything to do with his PvP agenda and in no way anything else to do with balanced gameplay. In fact he might also have an agenda to maintain his LM as the CC character of choice by preventing burgs from getting some needed attention.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    Looking at his past history it has everything to do with his PvP agenda and in no way anything else to do with balanced gameplay. In fact he might also have an agenda to maintain his LM as the CC character of choice by preventing burgs from getting some needed attention.
    Lol, don't think you need to worry so much about that.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    I see once again Spilo is at it again on multiple forums, spamming his agenda of protecting his precious Warg in the dead, dying, defunct state of PVMP in this game. I along with multiple guards who didn't actively PvP, or have never done so, had our class damage in red line reduced to a pittance, destroyed our single target damage, Nerfed radiate and insult to injury all because of our supposed game breaking abilities to solo old scalable content. We lost good players and very active forum users like Zonflux. The dev EDGECASE Kevin Nolan, bragged about his balancing of PVP on his Linked-in page, and our class remains broken and ignored still with bleeds still not working correctly, refreshing with tiny 24 bleed ticks, no longer critting, etc. All this was done because of the survivability of the way our class was built post HD, with a tiering system of aoe damage being built into how the class works.

    Now Spilo is out to stop any class that he considers a threat from endangering The Great Black Warg. Fix eye rake and the cool downs on wargs if you want to fix something, or point the real Nerf finger at RKs for their insane damage, or Wardens, the class that continues to be able to even solo the newest 3 man content on t2c like SL, Quays, BBS, and even RC.
    Spilo plays a class. Takes the time to create a video. Gets accused of secret Warg Illuminati.

    You do realize that I've been the biggest proponent of the internal interrupt CD of Eye Rake since HD, and posted multiples threads detailing Warg's broken escape capability? Also, because I'm against broken aspects of Burg gameplay, I, therefore, must be ignoring Wardens and RKs being broken as well? The heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you think that burglars should actually get nerfed, or are you saying that because you're afraid that broken elements of the class such as all in swapping, provoke spamming, etc. will cause burglar to be massively overpowered in pvp if there is any kind of buff?
    Basically I'm against all-in swapping, provoke mez Cooldown (cooldown of skill should be 10s), and, to a lesser extent, Ready and Able cooldown. I love the Burglar class- only class besides LM that I could level past 30 without getting bored. I just think way too many crybaby burglar baddies are going to ask and promote for the wrong buffs, and I'm here to provide the counter that, no, Burglars do not need a flat damage increase. I'm absolutely convinced that Burglars are lacking in several areas, but "the death of the burglar has greatly been exaggerated," at least in PvP and T1 PvE environment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    Looking at his past history it has everything to do with his PvP agenda and in no way anything else to do with balanced gameplay. In fact he might also have an agenda to maintain his LM as the CC character of choice by preventing burgs from getting some needed attention.

    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

    ~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload