We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Weather hills level 55 signature orcs?

What are they supposed to do? I played the game from level 1 to 65 with a character and never had any quest related reason to go there! I discovered the place while exploring, but still no clue on what story arc should guide me there!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000004c30/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Weather hills level 55 signature orcs?

It was added quite a while back. There are repeatables there, not for a story, but I think for back before even the epic books into Moria and beyond were F2P accessible. Now, there're more options for gaining F2P levels.

Yes, these orcs have been there a LONG time, I first encountered them before there was a Moria Expansion while trying to find a back way into Lone Lands from Trestlebridge, imagine my surprise when my level 20 Hunter got ASSAULTED by a (then) level 40 Orc while traipsing through the woods minding his own business. needless to say, the fight was short and the dirt nap was accompanied by many strong words. later though, PAYBACK was delivered, I leveled off them for several levels.

Don't the repeatable quests give Item XP, too?

There is a vendor near there that has a couple of repeatable quests for those orcs. All level 51 and higher quests give item xp so yes, the quests for the level 55 orcs do give item xp.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by Runesinger View Post
    Yes, these orcs have been there a LONG time, I first encountered them before there was a Moria Expansion while trying to find a back way into Lone Lands from Trestlebridge, imagine my surprise when my level 20 Hunter got ASSAULTED by a (then) level 40 Orc while traipsing through the woods minding his own business. needless to say, the fight was short and the dirt nap was accompanied by many strong words. later though, PAYBACK was delivered, I leveled off them for several levels.
    I had a similar adventure when I first discovered them, but unlike you I forgot to come back for revenge! I'll make amends then!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000004c30/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nevius View Post
    What are they supposed to do? I played the game from level 1 to 65 with a character and never had any quest related reason to go there!
    The questhub related to the 55er orcs is the same which has some quests around lvl 20. You pass the camp when you take the ride from Saeradan to Candaith during the epic book. There's no hint ingame that there are repeatable quests for lvl 55, though.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]"HELP!!!!??"[/COLOR] is not an appropriate thread title.
    Only fools use [COLOR="#FF0000"]apostrophes[/COLOR] in a plural. That's when they're called fool's apostrophes.

Sorry to pull a dead thread out of the grave.

Yesterday i took a fellowship of 5 level 26-38 players out of the lone-lands up to the weather hills and managed to kill a couple of the level 55 orcs.

I think they drop legendary items, because i had 2 of them afterwards.

It's worth getting some folk together and heading up there if not for the items but the community involvement.

Any lvl 51+ humanoid mob has the chance to drop Legendary weapons. However, that's meaningless until you complete V2B1 at 45.

And, I'm assuming the LI's dropped had a minimum level of 55, since the mobs were 55, which is further meaningless, since ALL LI's (lvl 53-59) can be bartered for with Rusty Tools and Tablets dropped by mobs lvl 53-63(?).

I have had two 2nd age LIs drop from landscape mobs in my life. One of them from these orcs. So I had a rather exotic level 55 2nd age item. Not many people can say they got a 2nd ager in Breeland!