We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Explaining Defiant Challenge to someone new to the class

I've thought to myself "If I were trying to explain how Defiant Challenge operates with the new threat system, what would I say?" And I'm not sure how I would. Any thoughts?

I'll take a stab at it...

Succinct Version:
    "The Warden gets 120% of the Threat of the player the mob is currently attacking, plus a 5s Force Taunt."

Detailed Version:

For MMO Beginners:
    Every enemy in the game has a secret Threat list. Every time a player does damage to an enemy or increases the morale of someone while in a battle with an enemy, the enemy records the player as having more Threat. Each enemy attacks the player that it perceives to have the highest Threat.

For Everyone:
    Each use affects up to 10 enemies.
    Each enemy instantly considers the Warden to have 120% of the Threat of the person who previously had the highest Threat.
    Furthermore, the enemy is forced to attack the Warden for the next 5s (unless it is a special enemy that can ignore its Threat list).
    A side-benefit of Defiant Challenge is a mitigation bonus whose size depends on how many enemies are affected by the skill.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Feb 10 2014 at 04:41 PM.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove