We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Twitter would be great place to find out if I'm running late or not. Since the odds are very low I'll be able to post here during the drive. SO yes, I'll keep everyone update on my twitter feed. If you don't know it, it's twitter.com/rickheaton

Rrys 2 + 1 possible!

Quote Originally Posted by whybird View Post
    I have a tendency to get places early, has anyone given any thought on how we'll know each other? Other than the general pallor of our skin from being inside playing LOTRO all the time??
    Well I was planning to arrive by 7PMish and see where they're going to seat us - probably eat too since I normally eat early. Of course I'll be speaking with the manager(s) sometime soon. I'll explain our group is a gaming group called 'LotRO' (acronyms & Tolkien may be confusing to them) and to seat us wherever they've decided. Of course it'll be up to all the 'pale faces' to engage with people around them, heck it's North Carolina, people are friendly . I don't imagine around 8pm there will be another group of people just hanging around talking so with anywhere close to 15+ people it should be obvious. I'm trying to remember if you order at the counter or grab a table first at Smithfields - eitherway look around first and ask an employee where the LotRO group is seated. The restaurant does close at 9:30pm, but I don't think they'll throw us out right away.

If anyone that plans to arrive fairly early wants to make a poster saying somthing like 'LotRO/ME', I'm sure we' can hang it on a table if nothing else. As I said, I'll be calling them later this next week just to make sure that everything is fine. Please send me a PM or post here with any questions.

due to a suprise emergency room visit over the weekend, me and Sturn are not going to be able to make it. it makes me super sad

but you guys all have tons of fun, and take lots of pics!

Just an Update, I am targeting some time between 7:30Pm and 8:00PM to arrive. I can't get much more specific than that as I mentioned before I'm coming straight from Boston non-stop. I have Max's # and will call him and/or Tweet any changes along the way.

Latest Restaurant Information

Okay folks I spoke with one of the managers at Smithfield BBQ (Ms. Murphy), who is reserving an area for us by 7pm and she said it will be clearly marked off - so look for it or ask an employee or a person in the reserved area if they're with LotRO! Also they stay open later than I understood - they will be open until 11pm on Friday night. That's what you get when you rely on the web for important info!

At Smithfields you first order at counter, you pay, then you get a # and an employee delivers the food to your table based on your #(they'll be calling the # out). The dinner platter price ranges from from low $6 to high $8 with either chicken or pork bbq. They have sandwhiches and family size chicken dinner specials. For example a 12 piece box chicken is $18.49 - which cheaper than buying it separately in dinner platters. Something to think about - if several people arrive around the same time and coordinate orders. They do not serve alcohol. I went by a store today in my area and grabbed a menu so if you have any questions let me know!

I'll update the count later this week, I hope the weather next week is a whole lot better than it has been. Well at least the snow has melted

One week to go!

3.5 hours from this part of NC, so I won't be making it, but I hope you guys have a great time meeting up! Hope to see some happy pics

Less than a week to go!

We are down to less than a week now so I hope everyone is finalizing their plans. Just to recap - I plan to be at the restaurant about 7PM and Sapience believes he will arrive before 8pm. If you have any questions please post here or PM me. I'm hoping for at least 15 people and 20+ would be great! Our latest count is below.

Maximilan 1
    Whybird 6 +3 possible
    Jakedrake 1 +1 possible
    UllrofAesiv 1
    Soccercake7 1
    CFinley 1
    Thorduak 1
    Surrenda 2
    UrbanSavant 2
    Rrys 2 +1 possible
    Sapience 1

Total 19 +5 possible

Wow! So we might end up with two dozen people! That's great!

I'm really looking forward to this. Usually NC is just a place I crash in the middle of the night. Getting some BBQ and good conversation with players is going to be awesome!

Great time of year! Unfortunate all 4 Basketball teams in the area crashed out of the tournament. Might see some sad Carolinians.

I'm coming from Lynchburg, VA and will be in the area very early in the afternoon. After, I'm driving to Charlotte where I live. If anyone needs a ride let me know!
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. [url=https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?370017-Skirmish-LT-meta-deed-mount/]Embarassing Completionist[/url]
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

Rrys Update

Make that Rrys 3 (third person confirmed). Looking forward to Friday!

I will be there along with one more!
    “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Two days to go before his Eminence is to arrive in NC! I'm sure we're all looking forward to it - I am! I've updated the numbers below and hoping those we haven't heard from in a while are still planning to come.

Maximilan 1
    Whybird 6 +3 possible
    Jakedrake 1 +1 possible
    UllrofAesiv 1
    Soccercake7 1
    CFinley 1
    Thorduak 1
    Surrenda 2
    UrbanSavant 2
    Rrys 3
    PhoenixofDurin 2
    Sapience 1

Total 22 + 4 possible

I'm still planning to be there

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr_of_Aesir View Post
    I'm still planning to be there
    Same looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow its going to be a blast
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000014561/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Epic time!
    Really had fantastic fun meeting fellow LotRO Folks and gabbing it up
    Sapience, big LOLZ! You rock!
    Safe journeys on the rest of the trip and to everyone driving home from the event.

8 is a double-digit,

~ Skoch
    ~ The Hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by jakedrake View Post
    tomorrow its going to be a blast
    You were right Jakedrake, it was a blast! It was great to meet you as well as the rest of the NC group. I counted 22 people attending, including myself and Sapience; which for a rainy night in Rocky Mount is pretty darn good! We had a great group of folks from all ages and everyone enjoyed talking about their favorite game

PS - Did anyone else see those two hobbits sitting in the truck behind the restaurant? Very suspicious

Good food, good folks, nice loot!

Had a wonderful time tonight meeting so many great LOTRO folks and Sapience. Thank you so much Max for putting this gathering together!

AKA: Seldim Seen, Easily lost (Landroval)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009d436/01006/signature.png]Avarial[/charsig]

Great to meet everyone last night! Thanks, Sapience for making the 11 hour road trip to see us NC (and TN) folk! Have a safe trip to FL and we hope to see you again at another event someday!
    Cheers!

(We favor guessing numbers instead of Lore...)

and 8 is a double digit...

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSavant View Post
    Epic time!
    Really had fantastic fun meeting fellow LotRO Folks and gabbing it up
    Sapience, big LOLZ! You rock!
    Safe journeys on the rest of the trip and to everyone driving home from the event.

8 is a double-digit,

~ Skoch
    It was a good time. Don't forget to turn the 8 sideways...

Thanks for making the stop Sapience and hope you have a safe trip back up North w/ your mom

The kids and I had a blast! Thank you guys for a great time and I can't wait til we can do it again. Still can't believe Rick was up and on the road by 6, suspect there's a lot of caffeine in his day.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

This was soo much fun ty to everyone who showed up and to Max and sSapience for arranging the meetup hopefully we can do this again the future if everyone is up for it that is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000014561/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Was a great time to be sure..

Thanks all
    Love to do it again

Canin

Hi Everyone!

It was a great meet up and I really enjoyed seeing everyone and learning about North Carolina math and how the number 8 is a double digit number.

Also, thanks for the reminder about Extra Life at the end. My half asleep brain had totally forgotten. All totaled, $102 was collected at the end of the night! Thank you so much for your contributions for the kids.

For those that asked, here's the link to this year's page for Extra Life Fund raising. http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=88974

If anyone wants to do this again, drive on down to Orlando this Saturday. Otherwise we'll see what next year holds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2