We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 71

Thread: Thanks!

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    I kind of recognize your (reavers?) name, but only in the laggfest zergs as when I'm out solo I have not once seen you alone. We can organize a 1v1 anytime you want, and go ahead, use impale and the rest of your cooldowns. You still won't win in a 1v1 situation (especially when poorly played).

    (:
    Who even truly plays solo anymore? I claim to be solo 90% of the time, but usually I'm around a group anyways, because that's where the action is. I PvP to get points, and points are where the players are, so I don't avoid large groups.

    Last time I saw players regularly ACTUALLY soloing, as in running around by themselves, was like in SoM. Since then, Turbine's been steadily encouraging raid zerging. There's literally no point in soloing anymore, you get just as much infamy (in fact, probably less) as you do in a group.

    I'm not saying zergs are cool by any means, but Turbine has kinda established them as the go-to for PvP in this game. Running around by yourself just isn't viable for MOST classes out there. Esp on a large server like brandy.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
    I think you may be confusing me with someone else, I may have been in raids where the quoted occurred, but I don't recall any distinct, unreasonable occasions where I lead said raids.
    I do, however, distinctly remember multiple times where you began fighting my own or Nazvukat's 12-man with 12 of your own (minimal gold-tags on both sides), lost terribly and expanded to 18-24 and came back to crush my 12-man with superior numbers.
    In addition, yet other times where you gold-tagged the Voa or Yand with ~6-12 of your Kin. Though, that doesn't seem to be an uncommon practise among the PvP Freeps when they don't quite have the numbers to fight the main Craid without the Voa/Yand meat shield.
    Professional transfers; transferred here... and back again!
    Was that the time you went off on me on these forums a about some raid I "lead" while I wasn't logged in?

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    I kind of recognize your (reavers?) name, but only in the laggfest zergs as when I'm out solo I have not once seen you alone. We can organize a 1v1 anytime you want, and go ahead, use impale and the rest of your cooldowns. You still won't win in a 1v1 situation (especially when poorly played).

    (:
    Sure, we can fight. I've been online the last couple of hours, and haven't seen you. Maybe the forum wars suit you better?

    Oh and about colldowns, of course I'll use everything in a fight where you use everything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    Sure, we can fight. I've been online the last couple of hours, and haven't seen you. Maybe the forum wars suit you better?

    Oh and about colldowns, of course I'll use everything in a fight where you use everything.
    Sorry i'm not online 24/7 and have hours to waste daily broseph, I have a life schedule where LOTRO isn't the priority. When I see you online during off-peak times I'll send you a message.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,318
    I mean, just because raid fights have consistently shown to muck up the servers into garbage unplayable lagfest with minimum 10s skill delays, there's no reason we can't continue on our merry ways and pretend nothing happened, right?

    suits the average player, I suppose. You get points afterall.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Who even truly plays solo anymore? I claim to be solo 90% of the time, but usually I'm around a group anyways, because that's where the action is. I PvP to get points, and points are where the players are, so I don't avoid large groups.

    Last time I saw players regularly ACTUALLY soloing, as in running around by themselves, was like in SoM. Since then, Turbine's been steadily encouraging raid zerging. There's literally no point in soloing anymore, you get just as much infamy (in fact, probably less) as you do in a group.

    I'm not saying zergs are cool by any means, but Turbine has kinda established them as the go-to for PvP in this game. Running around by yourself just isn't viable for MOST classes out there. Esp on a large server like brandy.
    I solo. It probably goes largely unnoticed since I do avoid any 'action' and if I do end up in a hotspot I usually get zerged so quickly you could never tell I was there in the first place

    Soloing is only dead because people play for points, not for the thrill of the hunt. If more people chose to solo it would become more profitable overall, but the vast majority are more interested in earning points to rank up as quickly as possible even if it means participating in giant battles where the most formidable opponent is lag. I'll never understand it, but that's what most people probably say about me. Anyway, I'll slink back into the shadows now.
    [COLOR=#800080][B][SIZE=1]Second Marshall Adanelriel Willbreaker,[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#999999][B][SIZE=1] Mistress Over Fear[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#008000][B][SIZE=1] and lover of bog-lurkers[/SIZE][/B].[/COLOR]

    [COLOR=#a52a2a][SIZE=1][B][SIZE=1]~Adan - Incendiary Expert[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    they're all in a race to get to rank 15, no matter the manner in which they do it...and join the likes of Yand, Swagbaby and Snowlock (who we all know are pros).


    Bloodbad (trash) calling Swagbaby a zergling...



    Irony at its finest

    Are you watching closely?

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post


    Bloodbad (trash) calling Swagbaby a zergling...



    Irony at its finest

    Macro's wasn't it?
    Brandywine:

    R11 Mini, R7 Hunter
    R10 Def, R9 WL, R8 Rev, R7 BA, R8 warg

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Whendal View Post
    Macro's wasn't it?
    Well known farmer and macroser. Nothing new. Just another noob with no skill. There are lots of burgs r3-r5 who play like 100x times better.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    trash
    Are you watching closely?

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Whendal View Post
    Macro's wasn't it?
    Are you watching closely?

  12. #37
    I was there and apart of Yand's raid.

    I can assure you we don't corpse jump or intentionally zerg. We all froze at once, cheered for breaking the server, and then tried to re-group. In fact, one of our Wardens went out of his way to NOT zerg the frozen creeps.

    So if someone was ganking you, they were not apart of Yand's raid.
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ankeller View Post
    I was there and apart of Yand's raid.

    I can assure you we don't corpse jump or intentionally zerg. We all froze at once, cheered for breaking the server, and then tried to re-group. In fact, one of our Wardens went out of his way to NOT zerg the frozen creeps.

    So if someone was ganking you, they were not apart of Yand's raid.
    Not sure if serious.........
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belgiumh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Who even truly plays solo anymore? I claim to be solo 90% of the time, but usually I'm around a group anyways, because that's where the action is. I PvP to get points, and points are where the players are, so I don't avoid large groups.

    Last time I saw players regularly ACTUALLY soloing, as in running around by themselves, was like in SoM. Since then, Turbine's been steadily encouraging raid zerging. There's literally no point in soloing anymore, you get just as much infamy (in fact, probably less) as you do in a group.

    I'm not saying zergs are cool by any means, but Turbine has kinda established them as the go-to for PvP in this game. Running around by yourself just isn't viable for MOST classes out there. Esp on a large server like brandy.
    I solo most of the time and avoid large groups of players. Adan's probably got a point, we go by entirely unnoticed, merely a speedbump on other people's roflstomp path to rank
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordh View Post
    I solo most of the time and avoid large groups of players. Adan's probably got a point, we go by entirely unnoticed, merely a speedbump on other people's roflstomp path to rank
    It's just interesting, because on Gladden (where most of my characters are), there's maybe 3-4 creeps who actually solo. And 3 of those only play wargs when they solo, so they can tailor their fights -- pick and choose when they want to fight and when they want to let someone pass by unhindered. So it's practically a waste of time to solo on freep there... you just run around for hours avoiding the raids but really finding no one to fight. Which for me, well... it's boring.

    It's cool that it seems that more people solo here (maybe due to the larger population?) but honest question: are there enough people who solo for you, as a solo'er, to actually get regular fights on brandy? As in, do you find someone else to fight once every couple mins, every hour, couple hours, once every day? The groups seem to attract a lot of gold tags, even with the lag. Is solo'ing here a time sink, or is it actually engaging (which is what it used to be in SoM for me)?
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    It's just interesting, because on Gladden (where most of my characters are), there's maybe 3-4 creeps who actually solo. And 3 of those only play wargs when they solo, so they can tailor their fights -- pick and choose when they want to fight and when they want to let someone pass by unhindered. So it's practically a waste of time to solo on freep there... you just run around for hours avoiding the raids but really finding no one to fight. Which for me, well... it's boring.

    It's cool that it seems that more people solo here (maybe due to the larger population?) but honest question: are there enough people who solo for you, as a solo'er, to actually get regular fights on brandy? As in, do you find someone else to fight once every couple mins, every hour, couple hours, once every day? The groups seem to attract a lot of gold tags, even with the lag. Is solo'ing here a time sink, or is it actually engaging (which is what it used to be in SoM for me)?
    Soloing on a visible class really isn't THAT much different from on a stealth one, with the noted exception that you will die a lot more from callouts or the zerg train crossing paths with you (some might argue this is a huge difference, but I think the majority of 'solo-ers' long ago stopped caring about death). Sure of Warg I might fury pot and try and take out some no aud target and disappear if the freep raid is riding by me mounted, but when I'm on freep or soloing creepside I'm roaming the areas that I think are going to be high traffic for solo/duos/goldtaggers trying to get to the main fight. Other than the times when the moors are completely dead (or its a heinous grams/gv camp where the dominant side isn't even dying at all), this usually means my warden will find a fight within a minute or two of getting to these high traffic areas. On warg it usually means the only holdups in finding a fight is I'm either running back from a rez/map point, or I'm waiting for morale to regen. I would imagine if my freep were a hunter or RK, or some other juicy freep class I'd find fights just as frequently as I can sniff them out when on warg.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    It's just interesting, because on Gladden (where most of my characters are), there's maybe 3-4 creeps who actually solo. And 3 of those only play wargs when they solo, so they can tailor their fights -- pick and choose when they want to fight and when they want to let someone pass by unhindered. So it's practically a waste of time to solo on freep there... you just run around for hours avoiding the raids but really finding no one to fight. Which for me, well... it's boring.

    It's cool that it seems that more people solo here (maybe due to the larger population?) but honest question: are there enough people who solo for you, as a solo'er, to actually get regular fights on brandy? As in, do you find someone else to fight once every couple mins, every hour, couple hours, once every day? The groups seem to attract a lot of gold tags, even with the lag. Is solo'ing here a time sink, or is it actually engaging (which is what it used to be in SoM for me)?
    An excellent post - it is the first in this forum that earns a serious response from me. You should feel blessed - you are in the presence of divinity.

    I am an almost purely solo player on all of my toons (warg, reaver, champ, hunter, burg). Since I transferred to Brandywine (My champ, hunter, and burg are here), I have joined a fellowship-sized group three times, all during pre-12.1 HD with a kin group of 4-6 people (during the time of double creep audacity and unmitigated orc-craft/fell-wrought). I primarily enjoy small group fighting over solo play, and this era (pre-12.1) provided the most fun, challenging small grouping I've ever experienced on Brandywine. Most freeps - especially raiders - avoided the moors like the plague pre-12.1, as there were no grams camping, facerolling zergs in which to farm points with no risk of dying. As a result, creeps were so infamy-starved that our group of 4-5 would continually get called out wherever we went, and usually ended up fighting three or four times our numbers worth of creeps. These fights were extremely fun and challenging, and they supported our minority opinion that group play was actually balanced and the 12.1 changes were a massive over-correction that would result, yet again, in total freep dominance.

    Exhibit A (click for image)


    Post-12.1 I've done basically no grouping, which is as much a result of the effect 12.1 had on balance as it is the effect that balance post-12.1 had on the moors dynamic as a whole. Namely, the immediate onset of near-24/7 grams camps combined with ever-toxic prevailing attitude of most raiding freeps - demonstrated by Entropy's MOTD: "Mon-Fri Grams Camp 7am-11pm / Sat-Sun Grams Camp 5am-2am" or in the words of the Notorious B.I.G, "f**k pvp, get points."

    In Superfreep terms, this means that I have not grouped since 12.1 because freep groups are far too powerful. They provide no challenge; they are no fun. Additionally, the constant grams camping basically eliminates anything for small groups to do. What would a small group do? An even 2-2 balance between outposts is ideal, so flipping outposts isn't merely unproductive - it's counterproductive. Any creeps not at the grams camp are usually either ungrouped, in which case my group would not only have no desire to receive points by killing ungrouped creeps, but would actually wish to help or reward the creep somehow for leaving the grams camp and attempting to PVP elsewhere. And so on, and so on...there are no viable reasons for a small group to exist in our moors when there is a grams camp (99% of the time). And typically, the only way for creeps to break the grams camp is to amass a large, well-organized raid that can overcome the ridiculous healstacked abomination that is the grams-camp zergball.

    So, I solo. Small grouping is ideal, but soloing is also enjoyable for me. Currently, I play my burglar the most, as the burg class was my main throughout Book 12 of SoA, the entirety of Moria, and most of RoI. Soloing on a burglar is obviously very different from soloing on other classes, the most obvious reason being the ability to avoid certain fights. Being able to avoid certain fights is a huge plus, as there are a number of creep groups that mainly prey on solo freeps (understandably so, given how I've seen most freeps on this server play). So I can't speak much to soloing on visible classes, as I only do so rarely at the moment, but what I've gathered from Desolates' shared experiences aligns with what I would imagine: that it is a conflicting experience, often very rewarding, but occasionally very frustrating. The tendency of most creeps that one encounters solo (not that freeps are any different) is to engage only with a numbers advantage, run when wounded, and generally avoid situations where the kill and their survival isn't all but guaranteed. However, for a true soloer, this is not necessarily something bad - it is a welcome challenge, a breath of fresh air from the facerolling monotony of most freep-creep engagements. And yet, when you repeatedly are attacked by a warg pack in which every warg engages only with a fury pot, sprints out of range when targeted, and blows totally unnecessary cooldowns - creating a stale pvp scenario in which the winner and the loser is decided before the fight begins - you'll probably get extremely frustrated, and for good reason. This happens a lot on Brandywine.

    The creeps that I do find solo are typically low ranks or greenies. Initially it was somewhat fun to melt them, see the floating purple numbers, and exact revenge on the lowbie creeps who were created in the pre-12.1 era and had endlessly camped GV, any scenario for a true solo player that doesn't present a challenge quickly becomes boring. Now, most solo creeps I see I let go, emote with, or attempt to help in some way (e.g. target and point at the Leithani burg approaching him from behind, readying his mouse for the inevitable clicking of cooldowns). That is much more rewarding to me than killing them would be, and I imagine it would be the same for you or any other true soloer in the same situation.

    While the deck is somewhat stacked against solo play on Brandywine, it's not really that bad. You create your own challenges by self-nerfing your character further and further until each scenario becomes challenging. For example, I resolved a few weeks ago to not use dust in the eyes, any stuns, coup de grace, or even aim when fighting solo wargs out in the world (Knives out/TNG aren't mentioned because if you even consider knives out/tng against anything 1v1 you're beyond help). For me, that's when it became fun. Fights were exhilarating again, a warg would jump me and I would fight back not knowing whether I would win or lose. Again, fun. And the best part is that once you establish a reputation as a player who doesn't blow ridiculous cooldowns/roll in zergs/generally ezmode, creeps will respect your attempt to create a challenging fight by self-nerfing and will oftentimes attempt to do the same in return.

    I would say that far more creeps than freeps on this server value a good fight over points, and while it may take you getting zerged and warg-packed into the ground to elicit some sort of effort on their part to respond in kind to your nonverbal plea for good pvp, it is definitely possible to achieve.


    As this is likely to be my first and only serious post on these forums - unless one of you brave forum warriors creates another post worthy of a response from a deity - I will leave you with a few parting words. Take them to heart, my friend.

    Excepting two or three - All burgs are trash. A simple observation of our moors reveals a disturbing truth: The Brandywhine Ettenmoors is overflowing with trash. What do we do with trash? We take it out. And where does it go? To the dumpster, my friend. To the dumpster. Experts, unfortunately, are divided on the nature of this dumpster...some claim it to be a rez circle, while others believe it is a certain kinship that begins with an S and ends with an E...

    Minstrels are not trash. They are fecal matter. In the Book of Revelation (19:15), The Bible clearly states that: "the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the Minstrels, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "CHACHII, KING OF BRANDYWINE, AND GOD OF WARGS."
    Are you watching closely?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Belgiumh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    It's just interesting, because on Gladden (where most of my characters are), there's maybe 3-4 creeps who actually solo. And 3 of those only play wargs when they solo, so they can tailor their fights -- pick and choose when they want to fight and when they want to let someone pass by unhindered. So it's practically a waste of time to solo on freep there... you just run around for hours avoiding the raids but really finding no one to fight. Which for me, well... it's boring.

    It's cool that it seems that more people solo here (maybe due to the larger population?) but honest question: are there enough people who solo for you, as a solo'er, to actually get regular fights on brandy? As in, do you find someone else to fight once every couple mins, every hour, couple hours, once every day? The groups seem to attract a lot of gold tags, even with the lag. Is solo'ing here a time sink, or is it actually engaging (which is what it used to be in SoM for me)?
    It's just a few that really solo, but you can find plenty of people alone. It's not continuous action, and it's definitely not the way to fast rank as you spend most of your time looking at rez circles - from the inside. But points or deaths are not my primary concern. It's the mindless button mashing in a zerg train that I dislike. Those who think I care about dying/losing are usually just projecting their own attitude.
    Last edited by Cordh; Feb 20 2014 at 11:34 PM.
    R10 LM - R10 Burg - R7 Hunter - R11 Warg - R11 Defiler - R8 BA

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    An excellent post - it is the first in this forum that earns a serious response from me. You should feel blessed - you are in the presence of divinity.
    I strive for excellence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    These fights were extremely fun and challenging, and they supported our minority opinion that group play was actually balanced and the 12.1 changes were a massive over-correction that would result, yet again, in total freep dominance.
    Hm, I disagree. Creeps v freeps, as a whole, are balanced since 12.1. Sure there are outliers like minstrel heals vs. defiler heals, but there's outliers on the other side too (hi there, impale). Overall, it is very well balanced, considering the time Turbine puts into breaking skills and not fixing the things that need fixing, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Exhibit A (click for image)
    I will use this as an example: yellow captains were OP prior to 12.1. Your bubble and strength in numbers CD was reduced by 5s everytime you were hit, not just crit. It was literally impossible to die on a yellow captain. 12.1 changed this, and the latest update has finally shattered the ridiculousness of the yellow captain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    In Superfreep terms, this means that I have not grouped since 12.1 because freep groups are far too powerful. They provide no challenge; they are no fun.
    Well... it's not the classes themselves... Stacking healers and captains = not fun. That does not mean grouping in a different way would not be fun... but I do not know if the freep leaders would listen to that. For the short time I've been on this server, it appears that both sides like to stack heals instead of dps. Instead of fast paced battles where both sides are getting slaughtered and rezzed, there are long drawn out fights with people dying every half hour instead of half minute. This is the reason freep groups are not fun. It has nothing to do with the power of the individual classes, but rather who the leaders choose to fill their groups.

    An analogy: 12 hunters focusing one target = OP dps. That does not mean one hunter is OP dps. As the good Sir Captain Jack says, savvy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    However, for a true soloer, this is not necessarily something bad - it is a welcome challenge, a breath of fresh air from the facerolling monotony of most freep-creep engagements. And yet, when you repeatedly are attacked by a warg pack in which every warg engages only with a fury pot, sprints out of range when targeted, and blows totally unnecessary cooldowns - creating a stale pvp scenario in which the winner and the loser is decided before the fight begins - you'll probably get extremely frustrated, and for good reason. This happens a lot on Brandywine.
    Agreed. This happens plenty on Gladden too. One of the reasons I've gotten bored/frustrated with playing freep. Stale PvP is a perfect way to describe it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    The creeps that I do find solo are typically low ranks or greenies. Initially it was somewhat fun to melt them, see the floating purple numbers, and exact revenge on the lowbie creeps who were created in the pre-12.1 era and had endlessly camped GV, any scenario for a true solo player that doesn't present a challenge quickly becomes boring. Now, most solo creeps I see I let go, emote with, or attempt to help in some way (e.g. target and point at the Leithani burg approaching him from behind, readying his mouse for the inevitable clicking of cooldowns). That is much more rewarding to me than killing them would be, and I imagine it would be the same for you or any other true soloer in the same situation.
    Again, agreed. I like the way you think. Did you know that I created the Gods of LOTRO? Perhaps this is why you think like me. I am the Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    And the best part is that once you establish a reputation as a player who doesn't blow ridiculous cooldowns/roll in zergs/generally ezmode, creeps will respect your attempt to create a challenging fight by self-nerfing and will oftentimes attempt to do the same in return.
    Interesting. Most people I run into, the latter does not hold true. Would be a breath of fresh air if it did, once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    I would say that far more creeps than freeps on this server value a good fight over points, and while it may take you getting zerged and warg-packed into the ground to elicit some sort of effort on their part to respond in kind to your nonverbal plea for good pvp, it is definitely possible to achieve.
    Maybe it's unfortunate that I chose to bring my creep instead of freep here, if this is the case, and most of the people who value the good fights are on the side that I can't fight them on. Then again, I certainly like creepside a whole lot more. Freepside seems full of bumbling morons.


    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Excepting two or three - All burgs are trash. A simple observation of our moors reveals a disturbing truth: The Brandywhine Ettenmoors is overflowing with trash. What do we do with trash? We take it out. And where does it go? To the dumpster, my friend. To the dumpster. Experts, unfortunately, are divided on the nature of this dumpster...some claim it to be a rez circle, while others believe it is a certain kinship that begins with an S and ends with an E...
    I have found this fact to be quite true. Burgs seem to always use double T&G against my reaver, and still somehow manage to lose... it is even more amusing when there are multiple, and they still die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Minstrels are not trash. They are fecal matter. In the Book of Revelation (19:15), The Bible clearly states that: "the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the Minstrels, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "CHACHII, KING OF BRANDYWINE, AND GOD OF WARGS."
    Good thing I rolled a minstrel. #ezmoding
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Excepting two or three - All burgs are trash.
    That's quite a bold statement.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    That's quite a bold statement.
    You and Jugglez are the only burgs I haven't seen exploit AIM+CDG+FB.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Minstrels are not trash. They are fecal matter.
    * cries *

    That's sadly true...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Hm, I disagree. Creeps v freeps, as a whole, are balanced since 12.1. Sure there are outliers like minstrel heals vs. defiler heals, but there's outliers on the other side too (hi there, impale). Overall, it is very well balanced, considering the time Turbine puts into breaking skills and not fixing the things that need fixing, imo.
    More balanced than ever for sure, but a skilled froup will obliterate any same sized croup.

    Good thing there is no skilled 6man froup roaming as most of little group skilled players stopped at 12.1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I will use this as an example: yellow captains were OP prior to 12.1. Your bubble and strength in numbers CD was reduced by 5s everytime you were hit, not just crit. It was literally impossible to die on a yellow captain. 12.1 changed this, and the latest update has finally shattered the ridiculousness of the yellow captain.
    Cappy wasn't that ridiculous at u12, in my mind it became ridiculous when freeps got buffed and creeps nerfed at 12.1.

    At u12 it was doing fine as creeps were powerfull and freeps were "hardmoding" for once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Well... it's not the classes themselves... Stacking healers and captains = not fun. That does not mean grouping in a different way would not be fun... but I do not know if the freep leaders would listen to that. For the short time I've been on this server, it appears that both sides like to stack heals instead of dps. Instead of fast paced battles where both sides are getting slaughtered and rezzed, there are long drawn out fights with people dying every half hour instead of half minute. This is the reason freep groups are not fun. It has nothing to do with the power of the individual classes, but rather who the leaders choose to fill their groups.
    We used to have one yellow cappy, one or two guards, one or two wardens and one hunter plus my mini.
    Notice creepside was very strong with ba's with their almost permanent evade, which means we couldn't kill them without our guard debuffing b/p/e.

    I always considered stacking heals is useless, as a yellow cappy and a blue mini are enough to keep a 6man alive easily and I prefer having 3dps + one cc/dps class.

    U12 was the best period for 6man on freepside, lot of challenge and fun.


    First Marshall Angiela, ezmoding on spidey

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by AngielaBrandywine View Post
    More balanced than ever for sure, but a skilled froup will obliterate any same sized croup.

    Good thing there is no skilled 6man froup roaming as most of little group skilled players stopped at 12.1.
    I mean... I still disagree. Just as you think most freeps do not play their class to the very limit of its capability as much, so do I think most creeps do the same thing.

    A lot of creep classes simply are not weak. They are just different than freep classes, and they must be played in a different way to be effective.

    Some classes beat other classes easily. That is the structure of the game, a sorta "rock-paper-scissors" effect. But as a whole, any creep vs. any freep is a toss up. There's many factors involved, but overall I strongly believe neither side is underpowered, you just have so many people crying out that "I can't do X, Y, Z on my __________, but look at that guy doing it on his _____________". Well, my dear made-up person, who we may call Captain Obvious, you cannot play your ______ like that guy plays his _________.

    I also think a big part of the picture that might be making you think that freeps are overall stronger than creeps is the fact that so many freeps are more willing to spend on store buffs before coming out to the moors, and most creeps aren't. I think I would almost cry at the level of overkill I'd be at on my reaver if I came out to the moors with tome of defence, attack, max morale, store brands, AND outnumbered buff every day.

    This may sound arrogant on my part, and it's not meant to be. It's just that I honestly feel that most creeps out there don't play their class to the level of effectiveness it can be played at. That's why I always giggle like a child when I occasionally see a really good player on warg beating the heck out of multiple RK/LM/guards, or a really good defiler keeping himself alive as three burgs flail at him. Understood that those freeps may be bad, but if they were good, I feel like instead of the warg roflstomping or the defiler roflkiting (I invented that word), it'd be a truly balanced fight. Which is cool.

    So keep on keeping on, good players.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,114
    I solo 80% of the time on both sides, 19.9% in small groups, and 0.1% in raids.

    I find most players on BW, on both sides, are very respectable. I don't have an issue with a zerg obliterating a solo'er, on the contrary, I find it hilarious to watch some players blow certain CD's in a zerg vs 1.

    I agree with your post, for the most part Feathalion.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload