We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Thanks!

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by AngielaBrandywine View Post


    More balanced than ever for sure, but a skilled froup will obliterate any same sized croup.
    While I respect your statement, I have to disagree. And I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But in my experience, skill-balanced creeps will always destroy equal skill balanced freeps. I can't believe that this is always a coincidence. Over the years, it has held true. You see, great creeps 99% of the time have mastered their freeps, and moved on to a bigger challenge. Be it they know what they are fighting, or they rise above the own limitations of an inherently weaker side of the moors, creeps will always win the day. Call it teamwork, call it perseverance, call it what ever you want. I challenge any one to find an equal skilled froup to fight, and tell me who wins. I may be wrong, but I am confident that skill is skill is skill. And well played creeps destroy as well played freeps. Sans expolits, of course.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N. Gate, Grams
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by AngielaBrandywine View Post


    More balanced than ever for sure, but a skilled froup will obliterate any same sized croup.



    Amusing....


    You base this off what exactly?
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    While I respect your statement, I have to disagree. And I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But in my experience, skill-balanced creeps will always destroy equal skill balanced freeps. I can't believe that this is always a coincidence. Over the years, it has held true. You see, great creeps 99% of the time have mastered their freeps, and moved on to a bigger challenge. Be it they know what they are fighting, or they rise above the own limitations of an inherently weaker side of the moors, creeps will always win the day. Call it teamwork, call it perseverance, call it what ever you want. I challenge any one to find an equal skilled froup to fight, and tell me who wins. I may be wrong, but I am confident that skill is skill is skill. And well played creeps destroy as well played freeps. Sans expolits, of course.
    As you said, much respect for your opinion, but I kept thinking yourr post was going to end with /sarcasm. The amount of variables in rvr is so potentially high that its hard to make an accurate assesment of things in an even player skill comparison ( seriously can any kin or tribe on Brandy make a genuine claim to having 24 players who are truly skilled on their class?). My experience in or watching 6 man and snaller groups fight eachother with even numbers is that while creeps do win a decent amount of time, the quality of players on either side is quite divergent. I'd love to watch 2 quality 6 man's face eachother, and if you actually find 6 good freeps to work together, my money is on them.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    The amount of variables in rvr is so potentially high that its hard to make an accurate assesment of things in an even player skill comparison
    Like you said, the amount of variables is too high to really make an accurate assessment. I think our posts are turning into simple opinion at this point, because even though we can try to take into account as many variables as possible, we'll never have an ideal testing situation in PvP :/

    I will just point out one thing that I think is important: even if there WAS such a scenario where you could have 6 skilled freeps vs. 6 skilled creeps it STILL wouldn't be an accurate assessment of freeps overall vs creeps overall because you would be leaving out 3 or more freep classes somewhere, and very likely one or two creep classes.

    Would be interesting to have an organized 6v6 sometime, though it'd be hard to decide what classes each side would want to bring, because it would depend so heavily on what the other side's bringing

    It is good to know there's people on both sides of the argument. Makes it much more meaningful.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Like you said, the amount of variables is too high to really make an accurate assessment. I think our posts are turning into simple opinion at this point, because even though we can try to take into account as many variables as possible, we'll never have an ideal testing situation in PvP :/

    I will just point out one thing that I think is important: even if there WAS such a scenario where you could have 6 skilled freeps vs. 6 skilled creeps it STILL wouldn't be an accurate assessment of freeps overall vs creeps overall because you would be leaving out 3 or more freep classes somewhere, and very likely one or two creep classes.

    Would be interesting to have an organized 6v6 sometime, though it'd be hard to decide what classes each side would want to bring, because it would depend so heavily on what the other side's bringing

    It is good to know there's people on both sides of the argument. Makes it much more meaningful.
    Agreed. Chicken and the egg haha

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    As you said, much respect for your opinion, but I kept thinking yourr post was going to end with /sarcasm. The amount of variables in rvr is so potentially high that its hard to make an accurate assesment of things in an even player skill comparison ( seriously can any kin or tribe on Brandy make a genuine claim to having 24 players who are truly skilled on their class?). My experience in or watching 6 man and snaller groups fight eachother with even numbers is that while creeps do win a decent amount of time, the quality of players on either side is quite divergent. I'd love to watch 2 quality 6 man's face eachother, and if you actually find 6 good freeps to work together, my money is on them.
    I may have been too blunt or biased in my verbage. I suppose my point was, before I got too long winded lol, we have this same argument xpac after xpac, ad infinitum. Seems creeps usually find a way to overcome, regardless. I do see your point though, a perfect storm scenario is unlikely at best to happen, so it is pure speculation on my part lol

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    I may have been too blunt or biased in my verbage. I suppose my point was, before I got too long winded lol, we have this same argument xpac after xpac, ad infinitum. Seems creeps usually find a way to overcome, regardless. I do see your point though, a perfect storm scenario is unlikely at best to happen, so it is pure speculation on my part lol
    You bring your crew and I'll bring my crew and we will meet in school yard at recess! I'll show you who's the boss!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    That's quite a bold statement.
    Is it really, though?

    Step 1: Panic mode!!! TNG vs. R5 reaver/R3 warleader



    Step 2: Panic mode!!! Flop.



    Step 3: Panic mode!!! HIPS.



    It's a shame my computer can't handle recording gameplay anymore. Would have made for quite an entertaining new pet project. As it is, I'll settle with frame-by-frame accounts of similar encounters.

    For more information on this upcoming documentary, check out the thread that should appear later today on the Brandywhine forums.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Is it really, though?

    Step 1: Panic mode!!! TNG vs. R5 reaver/R3 warleader



    Step 2: Panic mode!!! Flop.



    Step 3: Panic mode!!! HIPS.



    It's a shame my computer can't handle recording gameplay anymore. Would have made for quite an entertaining new pet project. As it is, I'll settle with frame-by-frame accounts of similar encounters.

    For more information on this upcoming documentary, check out the thread that should appear later today on the Brandywhine forums.
    Should take a better example than a r5 burg with 6 aud fighting 2+ creeps ( defiler debuff so i'm gonna assume there was one there)with store bought skills , not to mention the r9 reaver coming in later. I can think of a lot of r10+ burgs with full aud that are horrible.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    Should take a better example than a r5 burg with 6 aud fighting 2+ creeps ( defiler debuff so i'm gonna assume there was one there)with store bought skills , not to mention the r9 reaver coming in later. I can think of a lot of r10+ burgs with full aud that are horrible.
    I plan to.

    It has only just begun.

    And rank doesn't matter, aud doesn't matter, if you can't kill a r5 reaver and r3 warleader as a burg - without blowing touch and go - not to mention TNG and then flop and then HIPS...Oh, and the r9 reaver wasn't wasn't a part of the fight. I watched what happened.

    Like I said, the unfortunate part is that I can't record video. It's horribly sad, because the video is the best part. Anyone who actually gets to watch the entertainment I get to watch is blessed. Burg-watching: America's Pastime

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    I plan to.

    It has only just begun.

    And rank doesn't matter, aud doesn't matter, if you can't kill a r5 reaver and r3 warleader as a burg - without blowing touch and go - not to mention TNG and then flop and then HIPS...Oh, and the r9 reaver wasn't wasn't a part of the fight. I watched what happened.

    Like I said, the unfortunate part is that I can't record video. It's horribly sad, because the video is the best part. Anyone who actually gets to watch the entertainment I get to watch is blessed. Burg-watching: America's Pastime
    Agreed but if rank does not matter on a freep it also does not matter on a creep (p2w skills + full aud through other ranked toons). Everyone can get 4 bleed impales that hit for 10-15k easily on a not full aud freep or quitters with a low cd while at full aud as a low rank. As for the r9 reaver i'll believe your word on that.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    Agreed but if rank does not matter on a freep it also does not matter on a creep (p2w skills + full aud through other ranked toons). Everyone can get 4 bleed impales that hit for 10-15k easily on a not full aud freep or quitters with a low cd while at full aud as a low rank. As for the r9 reaver i'll believe your word on that.
    Eh, I disagree somewhat, the store-bought point is true, but only somewhat, whereas I was saying that audacity didn't matter for the burglar because in that specific situation, his morale should be totally irrelevant because he should be able to kill both of them in about 15 seconds.

    I almost feel bad, but I don't, because that specific instance would probably rank in the 60th percentile if I took all the burg fights I've witnessed on BW and ranked them from worst to best. Meaning it was probably above average.

    Still absolutely horrible, though.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathalion View Post
    Eh, I disagree somewhat, the store-bought point is true, but only somewhat, whereas I was saying that audacity didn't matter for the burglar because in that specific situation, his morale should be totally irrelevant because he should be able to kill both of them in about 15 seconds.

    I almost feel bad, but I don't, because that specific instance would probably rank in the 60th percentile if I took all the burg fights I've witnessed on BW and ranked them from worst to best. Meaning it was probably above average.

    Still absolutely horrible, though.
    I just think we both know a couple high rank burgs that think they're awesome yet suck so i'll gladly agree with that part. The person you took though plays this game for a couple hours every week nowadays and never really played a melee class before her burg. I'm pretty sure your statement of horrible burgs is more meant for people that play this game every day or are just overrated, atleast it is the way I see it.

    Anyways i'll keep it with that but i'm sure you get my point.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpelion View Post
    I just think we both know a couple high rank burgs that think they're awesome yet suck so i'll gladly agree with that part. The person you took though plays this game for a couple hours every week nowadays and never really played a melee class before her burg. I'm pretty sure your statement of horrible burgs is more meant for people that play this game every day or are just overrated, atleast it is the way I see it.

    Anyways i'll keep it with that but i'm sure you get my point.
    Fair enough

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    552
    Thanks again for the wonderfully even fights today Chily!
    I really loved the 8 Minstrels in your raid (Fam TFH as always ), the 3 Captains and the healing RK.
    All the tooltips below were in your raid or at the last fight (I have 9 mini's tooltipped but as far I can tell only one was gold-tagging).



    And you know, I could put up with that, despite you saying to me just yesterday you wouldn't do that.
    I could deal with it, though, if it weren't for the fact that there were 43 Freeps at GTA fighting my 22man Craid according to a headcount by raid members (32 according to my r9 track but that was while you were strung out crossing the river so I missed a bunch).

    Thanks, looking forward to many more awesome, even fights!

    Yours truly,

    ~Ushrak.

    P.S: The Krahjarn Felarrow was, unfortunately, not in either raid, resisting my multiple attempts to swoon him into joining us he stood there, staring stoically into the distance.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,854
    Ladies, gentlemen, minions of Angmar, and insects. I present to you Minstrelpy.


  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    552
    The funny thing is, that screenshot has 4 captains, 1 RK healer, and 8 Minstrels (Gateauxjr is a Minstrel, iirc, yes?).

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Ladies, gentlemen, minions of Angmar, and insects. I present to you Minstropoop
    there you go :P

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    there you go :P
    Meanie. :[

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Ladies, gentlemen, minions of Angmar, and insects. I present to you Minstrelpy.

    7 people in group 4, I'm calling hax.

    ~Dawnces

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    Not sure if serious.........
    Completely serious.

    This is a known "Yand rule". Dude check his profile on his character - it's even in there lol.

    You'll be kicked if you are corpse jumping. Was not one of us.
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload