We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817

    Sapience - Crossing the Border Anytime Soon?

    Hello Sapience,

    I would love to see you head to Canada sometime soon. I would be willing to spearhead an event in Montreal. Boston is only a 5 hour drive ...
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817
    No word from Sapience Hoping he reads this post sometime (there is a boat load on these forums that he must read daily). Hoping he has not abstained because he has a criminal record and cannot cross the border
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  3. #3
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    LOL. I've been to Canada a couple of times. Sometimes when I go to Buffalo we'll take a trip across the border and spend a day. I admit I've never been to Montreal, but have always wanted to. Maybe I can be convinced to take a drive this summer.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    LOL. I've been to Canada a couple of times. Sometimes when I go to Buffalo we'll take a trip across the border and spend a day. I admit I've never been to Montreal, but have always wanted to. Maybe I can be convinced to take a drive this summer.
    This summer? Naaah you have to come in mid January to experience a real Canadian winter
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000db41f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I admit I've never been to Montreal, but have always wanted to. Maybe I can be convinced to take a drive this summer.
    Hot Canadian women and good beer is not incentive enough ???
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  6. #6
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Hot Canadian women and good beer is not incentive enough ???
    In the US, saying you have a girlfriend, but she lives in Canada so you wouldn't know her. Is a really old joke. Especially if you live in the south like I did.
    The real joke was that in my 20s I actually did have a girlfriend from Canada and she would go back during semester breaks. So yeah, I always had that weird, "No really, I DO!" conversation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817
    So a return to Canada to seek out this old flame could be in the cards

    Love to set something up in the summer.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  8. #8
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    So a return to Canada to seek out this old flame could be in the cards

    Love to set something up in the summer.
    I am probably going to end up in Buffalo,NY at some point this summer. That puts me about a 10 minute drive from the falls. Which I realize is farther west than you probably want. But I don't have any times/dates/plans at this time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817
    I might be able to swing a trip that way, but not sure I would be much help in organizing things as it is not my turf. Was hoping to see you hit Canadian soil We could adorn you with maple leaf flags for your travels.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

  10. #10
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    I might be able to swing a trip that way, but not sure I would be much help in organizing things as it is not my turf. Was hoping to see you hit Canadian soil We could adorn you with maple leaf flags for your travels.
    Hey, I'd happily spend the day at the falls. I think once I get NC and FL sorted out I'll think more about a north of the border road trip.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Hey, I'd happily spend the day at the falls. I think once I get NC and FL sorted out I'll think more about a north of the border road trip.
    That'd be awesome!! Count me in if it comes to fruition

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barad-dûr
    Posts
    556
    My passport is still valid and being able to buy Sapience a beer would be a nice memory to my present sojourn here in Buffalo ..if this were to happen and I was able to tag along.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    817
    If there is enough interest I will try to organize something (either Buffalo or the Falls). I know the Falls much better.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload