We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How long should I wait before filing a bug-ticket and how, exactly, should I report this?

Situation: in-game, I had bid on an item at the auction house and, at that time, I saw that the auction was almost over (in its last hour). So, having nothing better to do in-game, and something better to do in RL, I idled the character "AFK" near the auctioneer for about 10-15 mins, and did something else. Upon returning to keyboard, I was surprised to (already) see a system message that told me that I had won the auction; however, there was no "new-mail" notification, and I noticed that every other character seemed to be "frozen", and I went to the mailbox, where there was no mail waiting to deliver my item.

I thought, "maybe some kind of connection interruption", and I exited the game completely, and then logged-back-in, right-away: there was no mail to either deliver the item or refund my last bid, and the auction had indeed ended. Everything else seemed to be running fine, game-wise.

More than six hours later, there is nothing new or different to report.

Although I have never before had any issues with the in-game mail system I have heard of other players experiencing problems from time to time. Accordingly, I seek a little guidance as to how much real-world time I should "reasonably" give the mail system to sort itself out and, assuming it doesn't "within that reasonable time", if anyone can suggest any style or format for compiling a report. Alternatively, perhaps another member has had this same issue, and maybe knows that it isn't a "mail-limbo" issue, and I would be grateful to be apprised.

Interestingly (for me, anyway), the item in-question is not terribly valuable in its own right and, furthermore, my own last bid was poised to acquire it for only "a song": the "bereaved" character has not been left penniless by this incident, nor is appreciably discommoded by the item's "failure to appear"; however, it was a piece of equipment, and I would appreciate acquiring it before my character outlevels its usefulness ...

That's all to say, really, for now. Any insight would be appreciated.

HoG

Sometimes if you log off and back on it appears in your mail/bag (wherever it is supposed to be). It should not take 6 hours. If the time of the auction has passed and your item hasn't been received, /bug it right away and also file a ticket for a GM. They may be able to help you with this - but you will have to be online for them to contact or they will simply close the ticket.

Good luck.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10