We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    ah ok, yeah never seen a 24 man draigoch raid myself either, I have seen one attempted to be filled on global but they got stuck at 13/24, dunno who they kicked though to go with 12

edit,

just checked in game there is still a 24 man raid option for dragon wing helegrod
    Hard to believe on the dragon wing, considering people have been 4 manning it. Ah well.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Hard to believe on the dragon wing, considering people have been 4 manning it. Ah well.
    We ran draig with 24 in kin until we realised it was a nightmare to control and actually far easier with 12.
    We eventually started 7-manning it (warden up top, 2 burgs, minnie, cappy, champs/hunters).

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Can anybody help me i'm stuck i have a level 90 lore-master but i've run out of quests the last one i did was killing the ice monster with thrymm and then it finished the area since then no more quests i figured it was because i got behind with my book quests the last one i did was an instance called TROUBLED DREAMS i'm on vol 3 book 6 so i know i'm behind i've tried tracking it down to where i left off but to no avail and cannot get any help in game so i'm stuck i can't advance at all i've tried everthing so i've got a pretty useless toon at the moment which is pretty frustrating help please thks

Quote Originally Posted by skipjames1947 View Post
    Can anybody help me i'm stuck i have a level 90 lore-master but i've run out of quests the last one i did was killing the ice monster with thrymm and then it finished the area since then no more quests i figured it was because i got behind with my book quests the last one i did was an instance called TROUBLED DREAMS i'm on vol 3 book 6 so i know i'm behind i've tried tracking it down to where i left off but to no avail and cannot get any help in game so i'm stuck i can't advance at all i've tried everthing so i've got a pretty useless toon at the moment which is pretty frustrating help please thks

Go to Forthbrond and talk with Wilfrith, he has chapter 2
    :)

I'm very curious if there are any plans to fix the bouncing glitch with the horses, especially the faster ones. My two favorite mounts on my hunter are both +68% and I can't stand using them because of the sync issue that leads to the horrible bouncing (which I gather has been a problem since the game was in beta, although I don't recall it being a problem when I started playing a couple of years ago). I do have to wonder if there was a mini-patch or something today, as I've been on my RK and riding the Prized Mathom Society Horse with a 20% mount speed buff and apart from toggling walking to get rid of the initial sync issue, there's no bouncing at all, it's fantastic.

Which raid is 24 man now? Helegrod was downscaled to 12 when it was broken into wings.
    Well, the Helm's Deep warbands got up to 24, and the groups almost always have more than 12 people. Granted they don't require that many people. But those warbands are the "mounted combat raids" and if you don't have enough players you definitely need to use some cooperation and not just go DPS on everything.

ah ok, yeah never seen a 24 man draigoch raid myself either, I have seen one attempted to be filled on global but they got stuck at 13/24, dunno who they kicked though to go with 12
    I saw one starting up once and I think they were up to 20. However it seems to bug out with higher frequency now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Well, the Helm's Deep warbands got up to 24, and the groups almost always have more than 12 people. Granted they don't require that many people. But those warbands are the "mounted combat raids" and if you don't have enough players you definitely need to use some cooperation and not just go DPS on everything.
    War bands go up to however many people join in killing them, same as any other landscape mob. The only limit is no more than 24 people are allowed to be in one group. There is no limit to how many can tag a war band. You also don't need a group, as I can kill any non-ranged war band including Princess Bethan solo on my minstrel. Other classes can even kill the ranged ones I've heard. The only time I ask for help is if I'm doing Bethan I announce it in GLFF when I start, in case anybody wants to tag her. I don't need them, just a courtesy to those who may not be able to do her alone. Guard kinmate kills her on foot - but he's a guard. He tanks her and kills add without being on his war steed at all. It's how he does pretty much all war bands.

And war bands are not raids. They are simply large landscape mobs.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

I saw one starting up once and I think they were up to 20. However it seems to bug out with higher frequency now.
    draigoch for all purposes is unplayable now, I tried to take some new players through it recently, but we spent the whole night starting over due to the bugs, it was a waste of a night, first off their is the bug, where the animation of the feet and head isnt in the same place as the real feet and head, which means you need two tanks really up top opposite each other to catch the "real" head and stop a cave in, while the people downstairs search for the "real" feet. Second is the bug where the feet become invincible and when that happens its the end of the run, you can go no further, and of course there is the old favourite where draigoch himself goes numb right near the end , which of course means you hae to reset it.

We spent all night trying it 6 or 7 attempts and on each occasion one of the above happened, now the first one can be worked around, IF you have someone willing to play as a second tank which isnt really fair to anyone who hasnt done it before and wants to see the action, rather than spend the whole night as a back up, but the other two you can do nothing with.

War bands go up to however many people join in killing them, same as any other landscape mob. The only limit is no more than 24 people are allowed to be in one group. There is no limit to how many can tag a war band. You also don't need a group, as I can kill any non-ranged war band including Princess Bethan solo on my minstrel. Other classes can even kill the ranged ones I've heard. The only time I ask for help is if I'm doing Bethan I announce it in GLFF when I start, in case anybody wants to tag her. I don't need them, just a courtesy to those who may not be able to do her alone. Guard kinmate kills her on foot - but he's a guard. He tanks her and kills add without being on his war steed at all. It's how he does pretty much all war bands.

And war bands are not raids. They are simply large landscape mobs.
    As a champ warbands have always seemed fairly easy for me, my horn skill hits for 40-50k when it devs and is aoe so if i line up to attack a warband from behind, hit sprint get all my crit and damage buffs going and get my dev, pretty much all adds are gone before we start,after that sundering and devastating strikes hit for the same value, Princess Bethan and the troll warband which both drop silver boxes I just circle them ad infinatum until they die, some ranged stuff can be tricky but as long as I position myself behind the target as much as possible my dps is so high everything dies in seconds, at least its harder now then when I had my fear skill where the cd and duration matched perfectly so I could have a constant fear on any mob then I would just follow behind, happily killing them off and take no damage at all. now all I hae to do is manage the damage I take so that I dont die before my full heal gets of CD, if I manage that I win, thats all I need to worry about.

I've posted this comment in a couple of other places but will repeat it here since this is apparently the semi-official way to properly post a question:

Q: Is it possible to get all the current musical instruments to play in tune? Right now they're not even in tune with themselves, much less with each other, and that makes for some really cringe-worthy moments.

first off their is the bug, where the animation of the feet and head isnt in the same place as the real feet and head, which means you need two tanks really
    I tanked a couple of times with this bug, and it's doable with just one tank. Have to really be away of what's going on; tank shouts directions, the claw group goes to the correct location and fights (the targeting circles appear, you can use 'tab' key, etc). With a higher level group basically you will never have the dragon move twice in a round because you burn down the claws fast enough; but to be safe you have to watch the remote dragon. It failed in phase 3 first time because it took me too long to find where the real head was on the bottom level. Second tank is tricky because it means one of the tanks is going to be in the wrong place and soaking up a lot of fire in phase 2. But this bug seems to have been fixed i thought.

The real problem is at the end; all 12 FMs have been complete and then he bugs out and stops moving. Never seems to have been fixed; it used to be rare and now is relatively common and basically the only show stopper bug left. I think it triggers when an FM is accidentally triggered after completing the set of 12. I think it is completeable if everything is timed just right; making sure the last FM is done so that everything can be completed after that before he flies back up, which is too difficult to do with a pick up group.

I tanked a couple of times with this bug, and it's doable with just one tank. Have to really be away of what's going on; tank shouts directions, the claw group goes to the correct location and fights (the targeting circles appear, you can use 'tab' key, etc). With a higher level group basically you will never have the dragon move twice in a round because you burn down the claws fast enough; but to be safe you have to watch the remote dragon. It failed in phase 3 first time because it took me too long to find where the real head was on the bottom level. Second tank is tricky because it means one of the tanks is going to be in the wrong place and soaking up a lot of fire in phase 2. But this bug seems to have been fixed i thought.

The real problem is at the end; all 12 FMs have been complete and then he bugs out and stops moving. Never seems to have been fixed; it used to be rare and now is relatively common and basically the only show stopper bug left. I think it triggers when an FM is accidentally triggered after completing the set of 12. I think it is completeable if everything is timed just right; making sure the last FM is done so that everything can be completed after that before he flies back up, which is too difficult to do with a pick up group.
    The theories behind that bug are vast and numerous, to FMs which we tested a lot at 75 and I am certain that is not the cause as it can happen after you do the last FM and he gets up again before you even get a chance to do another FM (needed or nor),and we have completed the raid many many times, where we have time to initiate a few more FMs and just go full yellow, this is after we have done the required 12 and it didnt bug out on those occasions, there was a theory about RK stones, which we tested and had it bug when no stones were used, a theory regarding cappy rezzes which again it bugged with no rezzes,there are theories regarding, bleeds on draigoch, cc on draigoch, debuffs on him and also using skills with long animations just before he gets up,you name it its been thought of as the cause and been disproven.

As for the tank issue, if you use two tanks and have them start opposite each other and always have them both move the same way, then you never have any issues with the fire or losing the head as 1 tank will always be in front of the head and one will be safely opposite and no it hasnt been fixed.

there are 2 bugs that are show stoppers, the famous 1 at the end in phase 3 where you fight him on the ground and he goes numb, and a relatively new one where just his claw will go numb in phase 1 or 2, again when that happens you are stuck.

Im curious who came up with the questions for pvmp because honestly the most commons answers are.

1. Any new classes

2. Why is boxing allowed in the moors

3. Combat logging 10secs is bad for pvp

4. More balance

5. When will the auto flipping go away

6. Pop buffs benfits should change

The top 1,2 and 4 get brought up all the time but are never really addressed and boxing is NEVER addressed, why is this?
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Im curious who came up with the questions for pvmp because honestly the most commons answers are.

1. Any new classes

2. Why is boxing allowed in the moors

3. Combat logging 10secs is bad for pvp

4. More balance

5. When will the auto flipping go away

6. Pop buffs benfits should change

The top 1,2 and 4 get brought up all the time but are never really addressed and boxing is NEVER addressed, why is this?

These have been answered many many times. You just either a) never read the answer b) re-interpreted the answer and/or c) didn't like the answer given.

As to who asks the questions: There is a call-out on the forums for question submissions from players. iirc Sometimes the call out for questions are also posted on twitter and other social media sites too.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    These have been answered many many times. You just either a) never read the answer b) re-interpreted the answer and/or c) didn't like the answer given.

As to who asks the questions: There is a call-out on the forums for question submissions from players. iirc Sometimes the call out for questions are also posted on twitter and other social media sites too.

1. I've never seen a response to the boxers and its not against the COC isn't a answer

2. They have never define balance in any thread

Thanks

1. I've never seen a response to the boxers and its not against the COC isn't a answer

Thanks
    Sapience has clearly stated on several occasions that multi-boxing is allowed, and that the launcher even has a place to allow multiple sessions of lotro to run simultaneously on one computer. There is no distinction between boxing PvE and boxing PvP. It is allowed.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Well if it's not against the COC then.... But here's a partial quote from an older thread...

From Sapience @08/2013
    I think, as others have pointed out, the fact that the game client ALLOWS you to enable multi-boxing should be pretty clear that we do not consider this to be a violation.
    Well "balance" is what it is and everyone wants "balance". What we get are statements from the devs that they are "working on it". "Balance" shifts as the PVE side of the board shifts. PVMP lags the PVE implementations. Balance is always in flux both in PVE and PVMP.

ex: Recently creep moral and power pots got a shift from a fixed number health/power heal to a percentage health power heal.

If you want a dictionary definition of "balance" or "perfect implementation" then perhaps you are dissatisfied with the answers as they have been given or implemented.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The official position is that the game is designed for boxing. Boxing is allowed in all situations.

It is an answer. Not the answer you wanted.

You have to decide how to resolve this conflict between what you want and what Turbine supports and allows.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Well if it's not against the COC then.... But here's a partial quote from an older thread...

Well "balance" is what it is and everyone wants "balance". What we get are statements from the devs that they are "working on it". "Balance" shifts as the PVE side of the board shifts. PVMP lags the PVE implementations. Balance is always in flux both in PVE and PVMP.

ex: Recently creep moral and power pots got a shift from a fixed number health/power heal to a percentage health power heal.

If you want a dictionary definition of "balance" or "perfect implementation" then perhaps you are dissatisfied with the answers as they have been given or implemented.
    Correct the game client allows it, my question to them is why do they allow it? How about be up front and say "well it brings in more money why should we care"

That's what I get when I read between the lines.

Correct the game client allows it, my question to them is why do they allow it? How about be up front and say "well it brings in more money why should we care"

I don't understand why it matters. They allow it, either for money or customer satisfaction or whatever reason, and the reason doesn't matter. You may not agree with the behavior of the people who multi-box, but as long as it is allowable (and it is, specifically spelled out as allowable) I don't see why people keep harping on "I don't like it, it's unfair". Do I think it's unsporting in the moors? Yeah, I do. Do I think Turbine should disallow it? Not at all. If you want to start regulating people's actions based on where you think fair play balances out you've opened Pandora's Box and it'll never be shut again. At that point you can start in on everything else.... minstrels can't flop, freeps can't stun or mez, creeps can't stun or mez, no dots.... what's fair for you may not be fair for somebody else.

Multi-boxing is specifically allowed by Turbine. Threads complaining about it are closed because the question has been answered repeatedly. I don't understand why this is hard to grasp.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

What you are saying is that you don't like the answer. What you want is a debate. There is no need to read between the lines. It's clear. It's allowed.

If you have other issues then by all means put in the questions when the next round of questions is asked for but this one: It has been answered.

Question for the devs: why do I get logged out every hour? I mean, the new forums were supposed to have this issue addressed and I think it's as bad as it has ever been.

How hard is to implement the option of staying logged in for a week? It's my personal computer, no one uses it...

Thanks...
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    Question for the devs: why do I get logged out every hour? I mean, the new forums were supposed to have this issue addressed and I think it's as bad as it has ever been.

How hard is to implement the option of staying logged in for a week? It's my personal computer, no one uses it...

Thanks...
    iirc you only get logged out if you clear cookies from your system. I'm a rabid cookie clearer and of course I have to re-login often. If you have other login issues perhaps you can be more specific about what those are.

As for staying logged in longer, that was already answered: it's a security issue and we got an extension from 1 hour to 6 hours (iirc).

As for "It's my personal computer, no one uses it..." I think you will find there are people using it... a lot of people. Just read the papers and you can roll a Hobbit Present Spin guess at who's using your personal computer today besides you...

http://donttrack.us/

https://duckduckgo.com/

Really?

I never read of a devs contemplation about the Auto flipping keeps, the buffs given from them or the 10 seconds timer in a moors context

These Points have never ever been discussed/mentioned by turbine in public forums
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast