We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tanking Dúrchest

I haven't had much of an issue with tanking; however Dúrchest slammed me on multiple occasions and we finally just reverted to using guard/captain for the boss tanks.

I was taking consecutive 16k hits (lvl 95, all teal gear - HD tanking set jewellry)

Any tricks to warden tanking Dúrchest?
    Do I need a might build? (I'm agility)?

sounds like he might have some corruptions on him if he's hitting that hard
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2922100000007b99d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jakenicho10 View Post
    sounds like he might have some corruptions on him if he's hitting that hard
    Durchest has 2 different corruption types. One is an incoming damage reduction corruption, and the other is a tactical damage buff corruption. Durchest doesn't use any tactical damage attacks on the main tank (or if he does, its extremely rare) so neither of these corruptions are causing the tank to take more damage.

I've heard speculation that Durchest is one of the only mobs in the game that has a crit multiplier greater than 50%, but I don't know if thats the case. If so investing in more crit defense would be a wise choice.

Beyond that, this has always been the poster child boss encounter for the longstanding anti-warden tank sentiment. He hits hard, its common damage which the heavies easily cap (back when capping mitigations wasn't a foregone conclusion), and the threat mechanics of the fight favored guards in many of the possible strats that were used.

If you're seeing regular crits for over 16k, my first bit of advice is make sure you're over 32k morale fully buffed. Beyond that focus on keeping your +2% phys mit buff always active, your hots always up, and DC whenever its available and adds aren't in range. In a hard hitting solo bossfight having enough morale to never be 2 shot is important, as is being topped up on morale as often as possible. You may take more incoming damage by focusing on HoTs and at times many of them may go to waste, but maximizing HPS will have you taking care of the small hits yourself and leaving your healer to react to big spikes, where a focus on bpe may mean the bigger hits come less frequently but the chances of them coming at an inopportune time increase.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I've had similar problems in BfE T2. I've beaten T2 with Blood Rage when i was level 85. My kin is now practicing for T2CM at 95. We have a guard on one troll, a warden (me) on the other and another warden on the adds. We used the same make up when we used to run it at 85. Actually we took down T2 with two wardens tanking.

My Crit Def is 72%, BPE maxed (I use a sword so my parry is at about 28-29%) and morale is 30k with buffs. When the troll got the +200% damage buff some times i got hit with consecutive 23-25k hits. The mini assigned to me could not top me off fast enough so i died multiple times. This happened at least twice during our each of our attempts. While i was down one of our captains took over for me and he had no issues.

It seems that Guards and Captains are better choice tanks than us in both multiple and single boss T2CM tanking. I am also sure that nothing is being done to address this problem by the Devs because their focus is elsewhere. New raids are not coming out this year and possibly not next year either (or ever again) so there is no need to address one classes problems tanking top tier raid bosses when there are 2 other classes that can do so easily.

On a positive note, i never get one-shotted in Big Battles! Actually, wardens are the best possible tank choice for Big Battles. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by K_C View Post
    I haven't had much of an issue with tanking; however Dúrchest slammed me on multiple occasions and we finally just reverted to using guard/captain for the boss tanks.

I was taking consecutive 16k hits (lvl 95, all teal gear - HD tanking set jewellry)

Any tricks to warden tanking Dúrchest?
    Do I need a might build? (I'm agility)?
    Take an LM that will use their debuffs.