We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotteries deead?

When was the last lottery? I'll admit i was only checking once in a while until recently. But for the last two weeks i've been checkimg every day and nothing. So is the lottery system dead, ignored, on hiatus or just in limbo?
    As soon as they idiot proof something, the others send in some slack-jawed, drooling stooge to gum up the works.

Fubar after the power outage. No ETA on recovery.

Yes. The mechanism is currently damaged, which was confirmed by Sapience.
    I have not heard of a time of arrival for a solution so far.

The power outage apparently damage the lottery hardware. I have seen anything as to when replacement hardware will become available.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I would think of them as dead dead dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragard View Post
    I would think of them as dead dead dead.
    Well, so was Beren, and so was Gandalf. We may
    get them back eventually.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

I read the title as "Lotteries deed" and was quite excited.

But "dead"... nothing new here. Yes, they are not available due to technical reasons since the bad weather disaster (or since the HD release which is an easier to remember date in the calendar). There is no ETA on when (if?) they will be back.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

honestly though, why even leave a Link on the main website to lotteries when they clearly have no intention of fixing the machine. It has been almost 3 months since the power outage.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    honestly though, why even leave a Link on the main website to lotteries when they clearly have no intention of fixing the machine. It has been almost 3 months since the power outage.
    Perhaps Turbine has a behavior similar to the companies I have worked for. As long as the link is there that provides a little more justification to getting the feature working again. Where I work, you rip all this supporting sinew like that link out that means that someone has made a decision to permanently discontinue this feature. Plus authorized the expenditure of resources to eradicate all references and documentation.

The other problem is the expense of ripping it all out. The expense of putting it back later.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Perhaps Turbine has a behavior similar to the companies I have worked for. As long as the link is there that provides a little more justification to getting the feature working again. Where I work, you rip all this supporting sinew like that link out that means that someone has made a decision to permanently discontinue this feature. Plus authorized the expenditure of resources to eradicate all references and documentation.

The other problem is the expense of ripping it all out. The expense of putting it back later.
    surely they're using some sort of CMS feature on this website where they can just de-publish a menu item like Lottery. Would literally take them 2 minutes.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    I read the title as "Lotteries deed" and was quite excited.
    A lottery deed would be perfect for a completionist like myself! However, the actual lottery would have to become undead before a lottery deed could be created.

EPIC FAIL!! I have been checking lotteries daily for YEARS... Even when I can't login to play, it gave me something LOTRO to look at... I HATE that it will no longer be supported and I hope Turbine ROTS IN HELL for this decision! The fact the the player council didn't step up is agonizing as well! Way to ruin a perfectly good system that attracted attention to the game!! -1000 Dutka Points (Getting close to losing my annual VIP! Better come up with something good soon!!!)
    "Werd"

Really? Rots in hell? That's rather extreme. And I don't think the player council does what you think it does.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Lottery hardware? There's a special machine? It is not all handled by software? Yula doesn't often pull your leg, but really?

(Ping pong balls in the air-popper went bad?)
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, so was Beren, and so was Gandalf. We may
    get them back eventually.
    That would take an, ahem, miracle.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by KingDutka View Post
    EPIC FAIL!! I have been checking lotteries daily for YEARS... Even when I can't login to play, it gave me something LOTRO to look at... I HATE that it will no longer be supported and I hope Turbine ROTS IN HELL for this decision! The fact the the player council didn't step up is agonizing as well! Way to ruin a perfectly good system that attracted attention to the game!! -1000 Dutka Points (Getting close to losing my annual VIP! Better come up with something good soon!!!)
    I guess you don't read the posts that have been made by Sapience regarding lotteries and why they were stopped so I'm not going to enlighten you. Go ahead and stop your sub, don't threaten it, do it. Don't make other threats or make remarks like you have done without knowing the facts either. You get Hobbit presents instead which guarantee you something for free, so, what else do you want?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White