We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation LOTRO Broke Wardens didnt' they!

well actually.........i'm a warden that loved tanking in 85 days, now i'm lost lost LOST!!! completely LOST!!!!.

apparently from what i read, we tank using DPS????

Part 1

1. I need to know what traits in my trees i need for tanking, blues and reds? which blues and which reds?
    2. I need to know what trait for DPS-ing, red and yellow? and which?
    3. I need to know what trait for DPS-sing if DPS is suppose to be tanking?

Part 2.

I need to know what gambit to for threat while tanking, apparently they got rid of aggression, and healing now has threat.

part 3.

1. i need to know what gambit to use for DPS, should i dps in ranged? or meelee?
    2. what skill causes the bleeds im hearing about that's so awesome! i read that ranged don't give bleeds?

part 4.

1. Legacies needed for tanking?
    2. Legacies needed for DPS?

part 5.

Which relics should i meld for tanking and DPS, well 1 i know of is obviously anything that has incoming healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    well actually.........i'm a warden that loved tanking in 85 days, now i'm lost lost LOST!!! completely LOST!!!!.

apparently from what i read, we tank using DPS????
    Blue-line is still tanking, as it multiplies threat generated by your damage. AOE morale taps, light damage-over-time to hold threat (also force taunt).

Incoming healing is a bit of a waste unless you can get a lot of it imo.

I'm playing my warden only for tanking, so I will only speak about tanking build

Threat is now tied to damage, it's no more a distinc component like it's in RoR and before.

Tanking is done in speccing in blue line (x3 threat in passive) however I recommend spending some points in the red tree for upgrading the light damage (very important for tanking as some excellent gambits are light dots).

For tanking, I would start by conviction, it applies a solid fellowship hot (about 705 pts every 3 seconds for 15 seconds), then I would engage the mobs with resounding challenge if they are distant or exultation of battle .... If a solo mob, you should fire the war cry gambit line (brink of victory, surety of death/desolation) or precise blow gambit line (piercing strike, spear of virtue)... For multiples mobs, you can fire resolution (very powerful, on 10 mobs can instant heal you for abou 15k) and also re fire exultation of battle (if 3 mobs, desolation is a good one).
    Don't forget to fire defiant challenge times to times... It's now a threat copy skill (applies to 10 mobs, so you will be put on top of threat list) and also buff your physical/tactimal mitigations up to 6% (8% with the leg) per mob to a max of 5 mobs .

Bleeds and dots : war cry gambit line ((brink of victory, surety of death/desolation)), precise blow gambit line (piercing strike, spear of virtue)... A few others ones, that do morale taps (so they heal you) mostly Fierce resolution, exultation of battle.

For legacies, I use on my spear:
    Light damage, Shield Gambit buff duration, Gambit Lifetap damage, Surety of Death damage over time, Resolution damage
    On my javelin :
    Fist Gambit buff duration, Heal Bonus for Conviction, In Combat Power Regeneration (this one helps a lot; it gave me 60% more ICPR), Shield Gambit Line healing.
    I have another one which add block rating on shield mastery, but I don't remember it's on javelin or spear.

For the relics, I chose the ones who add some b/p/e and critical defence, however since evade and parry can be easily capped, I'm considering to switch for some which add physical mastery or agility.

i guess wardens are useless if only 2 replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    i guess wardens are useless if only 2 replied.
    Or the answer(s) given in teh replies should be enough to answer your questions.

Kenji answered your question.
    What else do you need? 20 more peeps who tell you what to do?

Me as a Warden are a bit ashamed of your Post If you are serious with those questions, that means you have absolutely no Idea how to play a warden and did not put some Time into this Class at all!
    Of course we still need some little Tweaks, but the Warden is a hell of a class It only depends on... who plays it

thanks for the replies guys, i just thought if there were other opinions, i suppose that's it, thanks again everyone.