We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[PLAYER-HOSTED EVENT] MUSICAL CHAIRS! on the 8th/02/2k14

HELLO! As the title of this thread suggests, I shall be hosting a Musical Chairs event/competition this coming Saturday (the 8th) at 5pm GMT(just in case you use the wrong time zone calculations, I shall be shouting reminders on glff about an hour or two before).

Did I hear somebody ask what Musical Chairs was?
    It is/was the standard game you played during the majority of 90's kids' Birthday Parties. A parent turned some music on, the children ran around a block of chairs. When the music was abruptly turned off, every child hurried to find a seat (1 child per seat, and also one seat per child). Every round, one or two chairs were taken out till in the end, only one victor remained (and got a goody bag full of sweets which he'd be forced to share with the other kids, #gooodparenting)

How it will go down:
    1) All contestants shall meet at the Water Gazebo ( 25.6 S , 89.6 W) in the neighbourhood called Gwindor, located in the Falathlorn Homesteads (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Falathlorn_Homesteads) where either myself and/or a helper (TBC) will invite you to join a raid. The maximum number of contestants will most likely be limited to 24. HOWEVER, if the total of applicants GREATLY (by at least 12) exceeds this number, the maximum number will be increased to at least 36.

NOTE: Currently, the houses to be used for this event shall be number 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Haven Way (the street on the first left as you enter the neighbourhood to get to the Gazebo. The number of houses may be extended depending on how many participants sign up.

2) Whilst myself or the helper are playing songs via the ingame music mechanism (for some players, sound may not come through, in which case keep an eye on us to see if we are playing an instrument or not), the participants AND the observers (to avoid unhealthy cheating) will be required to ./dance (or do one of it's variations) or just run around like lunatics WITHIN the gazebo. During this time, chairs shall be placed/removed within the houses (during which time the houses will not be accessible).

3) Then, I shall stop playing my instrument and/or shout "GO" in raid chat and ./raidshout. This is your cue to run off to the set of houses, pick a house, enter, find a chair and use ./sit (without the dot, you may want to make sure you know how to use this emote) whilst standing next to a chair before others. The in game mechanisms happen to allow only one player per seat. Thus if you find yourself competing with another person to sit down, one person will be left to sit of the floor. When all round victors are sat down on seats, the unfortunate losers shall be dismissed from the raid.

4) All round victors and others who wish to observe shall return to the gazebo. Then steps 2 and 3 will repeat - each round, chairs will be removed/rearranged until in the end ONLY ONE VICTOR SHALL REMAIN!

PRIZES shall depend upon how many contestants there are (so tell your chums about this):
    1-12 Contestants:
    1st place: 100g
    2nd place: 50g

12-18 Contestants:
    1st place: 100g + Emerald Shard + Random Goody
    2nd place: 50g + Random Goody
    3rd place: 10g + Random Goody

18-24 Conestants:
    1st place: 100g + 2 Emerald Shards + Random Goodies
    2nd place: 50g + Emerald Shard + Random Goodies
    3rd Place: 10g + Random Goody

24+ Contestants:
    TBC

The prize money shall be coming directly out of my wallet and shall be distributed following the event. If any other kind souls wish to contribute to the prize money, please send me, Tectonic, an IMS (i''m usually on) or send me an in game mail.

RULES:
    --> 1 character per one real life person (ie, no multiboxing)
    --> NO skill-induced running speed buffs (for example, Hunter's Find the Path) To Enforce this, player classes will be equally distributed between the groups
    --> Other speed buffs gained from Tomes and Coffee ARE permitted. (In a perfect world, these are not permitted, however this would be hard to enforce)
    --> Mounts of any sort are not permitted.
    --> The Event will start at 5pm SHARP (or maybe 5-10 mins later, depending on how many people are late. Lateness is frowned upon... big time...)
    --> No verbal and/or written abuse during the event. (AND to this thread, please)
    --> No collusion with non-participants.

ANY PLAYER FOUND GUILTY OF THESE RULES WILL BE KICKED WITHOUT WARNING.
    (also, if you think of any other rules I should enforce, let me, Tectonic, know)

TO ENTER THE COMPETITION: Leave a reply to this thread with your in game name and class. (No discrimination will take place)

Even if you don't wish to enter this event, please spread the word to your chums.
    Thanks,

Tectonic

EDIT: Sadly this event will not be held if there are less than 6 applicants.
    Last edited by Tecto; Feb 05 2014 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecto View Post

TO ENTER THE COMPETITION: Leave a reply to this thread with your in game name and class. (No discrimination will take place)

Even if you don't wish to enter this event, please spread the word to your chums.
    Thanks,

Tectonic

if i remember what time it is...I'll join
    RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sounds fun. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but just a heads up that Turbine has been known to support player-run events like this. If you drop Sapience a note about it, you might get them to donate some prizes for rewards.

4. I'm up for some fun. Rolasviel/Mrcold so no hunter speed boosts huh?

Not a single person turned up *heavy sigh*. If anybody could suggest why (no trolls please) - uninteresting event? Lack of incentive? etc That'd be much appreciated.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecto View Post
    Not a single person turned up *heavy sigh*. If anybody could suggest why (no trolls please) - uninteresting event? Lack of incentive? etc That'd be much appreciated.
    Dwarrowdelf isn't a server for events like this. Simply because Raiders and PvMPers came here to get a new server(Back when Dwarrow first launched). Roleplayers(People who do this kind of thing), mainly stayed on their old servers, because they were marked as [EN-RP] or [DE-RP] or [FR-RP].
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy