We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forochel's mist where it doesn't belong

One thing I always meant to do is capture pictures of places covered in Forochel's mist that shouldn't have mist. (In case you don't know what I'm talking about, there's some kind of bug where sometimes the mist in Forochel lingers too long. If two people are in Forochel, the mist might clear for one but not the other. And if you teleport out of Forochel, you can bring the mist with you.)

So here's one, and I invite people to post more. This is "The Mists of Imladris":

Oh! I didn't know it was a recognized bug...

It happened to me to a couple of times (no screenshot, sorry).

After leaving Forochel I saw the mist in Evendim, then in the Trollshaws, then in Eregion (famous also for its midnight rainbows, by the way).

At this point (I'm a bit slow as you can see) a slight suspicion started to bug me... "Ehi! But could it be that..."
    So I logged out and in and poof! No more fog!
    [IMG]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3666/9ryu.jpg[/IMG]

Here are a couple from the Bree-Land Homesteads with mist. First, Mirkir's house:

And the Glavrol nin Celon kinship house:

Actually I do really like this bug. I would embrace occassional mist troughout the lands. Changing weather besides sun / rain. Makes the game more realistic. Can't be that hard to implement, when it already exists in some way. Just 'legalize' the bug

Quote Originally Posted by Farbolo View Post
    Actually I do really like this bug. I would embrace occassional mist troughout the lands. Changing weather besides sun / rain. Makes the game more realistic. Can't be that hard to implement, when it already exists in some way. Just 'legalize' the bug
    This happened to me a couple of times when teleporting from Forochel to Bree, no screenies unfortunately, but Bree did look kind of cool with the fog - as it 'works' with no detriment to the game I'd be very happy if this formed part of the LOTRO weather system.

I bet today's Bree, with a picture taken from up on the hill in the southeast or from the farms of the north, would look especially amazing in the mist, with all the lights it has now. It might be worth it to go up there while logged onto my hunter and just wait for mist, then try to trigger the bug and use all my ports just to get these pictures, if I have a few hours with nothing better to do.

Is this bug still repeatable?

What do you have to do to trigger it reliably? Wait in Suri-kyla till the fog/mist storm comes in and port out? or is there an area that has the mist?

I would like to get a few shots of the fog in other areas.
    Take Care,
    D.
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496094-The-Brief-Mr.-Bako-Bongo-In-Soup-Du-Jour."]My LOTRO Comics and Fan-Fiction[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarendele View Post
    Is this bug still repeatable?

What do you have to do to trigger it reliably? Wait in Suri-kyla till the fog/mist storm comes in and port out? or is there an area that has the mist?

I would like to get a few shots of the fog in other areas.
    Not sure if it is absolutely repeatable, but the probability to trigger the mist is rather high when you ride from Kauppa-Kohta to Pynti-Peldot. Somewhere on the way through the ice 'tunnel' usually it becomes very misty. I am also not sure, how reliable you can conserve the weather when porting into another area. But I remember that after such a port it was very foggy even in Michelbinge

I've never found a way to replicate it, but I do know, if I spend a while in Forochel and it stays misty, odds are very good that the bug is in play, and that's a great time to try teleporting out to interesting places for pictures.

My wild speculation is that, if you're in Forochel when the weather (worldwide) is rain, you see mist. But when the rain goes away everywhere else, there is a chance (not a certainty) the mist won't clear. What causes that to happen some times for some people, I have no idea. It might not be readily reproducible; it might depend on something out of your control. Maybe it's just that some message that comes to your client saying "the rain has stopped, so stop rendering it" gets lost or misunderstood. But I'm fairly sure it's not consistent for the simple reason that, once, my wife and I were in Forochel together, questing for a while. At one point I looked up and noticed no mist on her screen while I still had mist. I teleported out and brought the mist with me. So whatever stopped the mist did work for one of us and didn't for the other even though we were both there at the same time.

seems it may well be reproducible - though I'm not sure - the shot i wanted was in the Barrow-downs which is often shrouded in mist anyways... but for the record I was dual logging and my other character was at the Northern barrows pass and didnt see the fog... I was going to port around to other places but i pulled wife aggro and had to do my dog-walk daily - and when I returned i was logged out...

anyways here is the shot i wanted - but it didn't turn out like i hoped - i was hoping for more moonlit or moonbeam penetration through the fog - oh well...

Take Care,
    D.
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496094-The-Brief-Mr.-Bako-Bongo-In-Soup-Du-Jour."]My LOTRO Comics and Fan-Fiction[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Please everyone take another look at those pictures. The fog always appear on proximity to water, same as in real life. When humidity is so high & concentration topped, the water condensate in the air in the form of floating tinny dropplets. Are you sure is a bug? Are you sure doesn't belong? I don't think so.
    it is a bug that has been going on for quite some time, and a pretty one for once (at least when in town or homesteads with the blurry light of the houses). There is never mist when in game it stops raining, no mist during night time, nothing like the thick one that sometimes forochel has. This old video is a good example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBlYkTVm5o

Wandering Around Arda
    my Lotro blog :)

This bug's been around since Forochel was introduced. It doesn't always happen but, yes, if you're going to get it, it'll be as you're passing through the ice canyon from Kauppa to Pynti. Restarting the client will clear it.

However, that said, I think it's a very cool bug and hope they never "fix" it... lol Bree looks like one of those old England towns in the movies and other places just look really darn cool, too. It adds a lot of ambiance to have fog lying about, imho.

-Goldrush

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    I'm in the process of compiling a screenshot library of the Forochel Fog bug. I have a public folder started on Photobucket.

Here there be Forochel Fog pictures.

here's a few pics to get you started.

Michel Delving

Frerin's Court

Duillond

EDIT: I fixed the issue of not being able to find my foggy screenshot files. They are all back in place and now i can start compressing and uploading again!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CookieArtisan; Feb 15 2014 at 08:51 AM.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

When the Misty Mountains are actually misty...

Looking down with Arwen from Imdolen.

Looking out from Gloin's Camp.

No wonder no one can find the hidden settlement at Esteldin.

From atop the crafting hall, notice the pools of light around the lampposts.

Looking out over Nan Amlug from Rusfold.

On the path through Ram Duath into Angmar.

Coming down into Aughaire.

The poisoned lakes of Angmar.

Tasgall keeps his vigil under a sad tree.

Tarkrip camps amongst the steaming pools of Malenhad.

Looking down into the boar fountain square in Bree.

The Prancing Pony.

From the High Bridge.

Looking down on the Stone Quarter.

What a great thread ^_^ love seeing everyone's screenies for this bug!!

Second batch of uploaded foggy pics. Here are some highlights!

At the High Moor camp/Mustering Horn

The Lornspan

Foggy Forsaken Inn

The Last Homely House, veiled in mist

Aughaire

Last edited by CookieArtisan; Feb 15 2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

Angmar! Where is your ominous sky now?

Malenhad

More Malenhad

Aughaire Gate

The Lornspan is a great subject choice for one of these.

If I can reproduce this, I think I'm going to try it on my level cap hunter so I can get around to more interesting places, one day when I have some time to kill. I want to see what Fangorn, Deeping Coomb, the Cuthstan, Caras Galadhon, and Dol Guldur look like in the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    The Lornspan is a great subject choice for one of these.

If I can reproduce this, I think I'm going to try it on my level cap hunter so I can get around to more interesting places, one day when I have some time to kill. I want to see what Fangorn, Deeping Coomb, the Cuthstan, Caras Galadhon, and Dol Guldur look like in the mist.
    It all looks wonderful. It would be nice if this were added to the regular weather.

This bug is soooo easy for me to reproduce it's almost...ALMOST annoying. Literally every time I take a horse from Pynti-P to Kauppa-K I get this bug, and can't see a darn thing unless I log out/in. It clears out in some areas of Annuminas, though, and I don't know how far East it lasts, as I haven't stepped into Moria yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    No wonder no one can find the hidden settlement at Esteldin.

From atop the crafting hall, notice the pools of light around the lampposts.
    This reminds me of "The Silent Realm" from "The Legend Of Zelda, Skyward sword"
    Not the Silent Guardians! D:
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

Can you figure out where this is?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldrushSE View Post
    Can you figure out where this is?

Looks to me like some ware in the lonelands... Weathertop?
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

Yep! I took 4-5 screenshots of it, with the sun in various positions.

Like I said, I hope they never "fix" this one... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast