We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    Why did you remove Fall to flame/Fall to lightning skills...

    Seriously, RK has become a very weak and dull class. Fall to flame 5% incoming damage debuff was awesome for group play. You removed-limited so many good skills now only people who appreciate this class is people who have never played RK as main before, or people on low lvl toons.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze View Post
    Seriously, RK has become a very weak and dull class.
    No, not at all. Maaaaaybe for you its very weak......but that might attest to your skill level.

    Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze
    You removed-limited so many good skills now only people who appreciate this class is people who have never played RK as main before, or people on low lvl toons.
    Incorrect, I played the RK as a main before and I still appreciate the class now. Sweeping generalizations and QQ will get you no where on the forums.

    They removed skill bloat. I know you probably can't fully comprehend the necessity of doing so, therefore you cry that they are missing. I assure you it was a much needed change, kid.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    757
    Well, the yellow and red line are pretty good, even if the change in attunement can be a bother... but really, healing as a RK is so weak and dull. Bubble and little heal... I miss the old healing RK there.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Well, the yellow and red line are pretty good, even if the change in attunement can be a bother... but really, healing as a RK is so weak and dull. Bubble and little heal... I miss the old healing RK there.
    Again mindless QQ will get you no where. RK healing is weak you say? Thank you for restating the same sentiment illustrated in the RK forums since HD launched. You know RK healing is the major thing the Dev's are looking at tweeking come U13 right? Weak healing in need of adjustment =/= to dull healing by the way.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Again mindless QQ will get you no where. RK healing is weak you say? Thank you for restating the same sentiment illustrated in the RK forums since HD launched. You know RK healing is the major thing the Dev's are looking at tweeking come U13 right? Weak healing in need of adjustment =/= to dull healing by the way.
    Thank you for restating your PERSONAL opinion yet again, no matter how few might agree with you. RK's are now so well loved since all the changes that NOBODY in my whole kin wants to play one anymore! And my kin has over 500 members (members NOT characters). We have over 150 RK's registered in our kin and no-one is playing one anymore, or if they are they aren't admitting to it. The changes are universally disliked and constantly ranted against in kinchat. Obviously the new RK is extreemly popular huh?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    . You know RK healing is the major thing the Dev's are looking at tweeking come U13 right?
    How is the RK community to know this? The developer pops in rarely & says "great ideas folks, keep them coming" and then goes afk. 12.3 release notes are out and no mention of any RK changes - not even so much as getting parchments to work as they should. Not even a mention about changing the sad set bonus for BB jewelry.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    757
    So, we have to wait what ? 2 more month ? I think it's poorly handled. As others classes, champion and RK should have some tweaking going on through updates 12.x Clearly I have not the patience I once had in regards to how turbine fix things.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Thank you for restating your PERSONAL opinion yet again, no matter how few might agree with you. RK's are now so well loved since all the changes that NOBODY in my whole kin wants to play one anymore! And my kin has over 500 members (members NOT characters). We have over 150 RK's registered in our kin and no-one is playing one anymore, or if they are they aren't admitting to it. The changes are universally disliked and constantly ranted against in kinchat. Obviously the new RK is extreemly popular huh?
    Hm that's kinda sad. My RK has been my main since 2 years and at no time I thought of quite playing this class. Yes, after HD I retired my RK as a healer, but I have my mini for that ;-) (but that doesn't mean that RK healing shouldn't be adjusted)
    What bothers me more is - as JEAUX_Lotro wrote- that RKs just get minor fixes with U12.x. It's ok when a class isn't 100% perfect after a change in the system, but then it would be nice to see those issues fixed faster than in half a year.


    @skeetskeet_yo: where did you get that U13 information from?
    [URL=http://www.directupload.net][IMG]http://s7.directupload.net/images/131129/inbjobmz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Aendriel - Server First Captain General of Gwaihir - Brothers of Metal
    -- Alluvien R12 Minstrel - Alluria R11 Warden - Nudlaug R7 Reaver --
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/Aendriel[/url] | [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/Lotrobrothers[/url]

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluvien View Post
    @skeetskeet_yo: where did you get that U13 information from?
    U13 is a major update, all of Jinjaah's recent talk on the class forums with regards to suggestions, changes, etc. are slated for that major update. As for example defiler heals are being tweeked in U13

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah
    We are looking to do another healing pass for update 13 for creep classes. The defiler is the top priority.

    -Jinjaah
    Another example is that two of the champion lines specifically are mentioned to be getting overhauled....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah
    None of the fixes we discussed in previous threads were slated for 12.2. We are planning a large number of changes mainly focused on the blue and red lines for update 13. I will post those changes once the decisions become final and we can talk about them.

    -Jinjaah
    Just like every class, we are all receiving some adjustments with update 13 and RK blue line is one of the main focuses of Jinjaah as described...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah
    For healing, I am going to take a look at the HoTs. The intention was to make healing a little more involved with keeping you hots rolling on targets, but it seems like we went a little overboard.
    The without a cooldown thing is certainly true as well. I think the real issue here is prelude to hope needs some love. It needs more of a purpose, even when untraited.

    -Jinjaah
    And finally to JeauxLOTR with regards to "Not even a mention about changing the sad set bonus for BB jewelry." See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjaah
    1. I will sit down with itemization and talk to them about it. We've talked about it in the past, but from this forum its pretty easy to see what you guys like and don't like. Doesn't mean you will have your cake and eat it too, but I think we can meet in the middle.
    Finally @Wof Ease your mad friend. I hope no one in your kin will play a RK, that way all the band-waggoners will jump off and I....and many others that read this class forum, can enjoy having ourselves as RKs sought after for raids (when they exist) and raged against by creeps, because they don't understand our class's potency.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    326
    holy sheet cheezy

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    holy sheet cheezy
    I've been really bored....

    Some of these people are hopeless though lol.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    No, not at all. Maaaaaybe for you its very weak......but that might attest to your skill level.

    Incorrect, I played the RK as a main before and I still appreciate the class now. Sweeping generalizations and QQ will get you no where on the forums.
    Yeah, I forgot to add fanboys there too -the following explanation is for other people, not ignorant people such as this poster who entertains us by making a fool of himself- RK has lost a very good utility for group play, incoming +5% damage or +3% critical chance was almost good as a burglar buff. Utility skill is not a skill bloat.

    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    They removed skill bloat. I know you probably can't fully comprehend the necessity of doing so, therefore you cry that they are missing. I assure you it was a much needed change, kid.
    Heard this one a lot. Never gets old. You have zero idea why it was necessary either, because it wasn't. Many core skills or useful skills along all classes have been removed. Which caused a steady decline in player population. Empty servers, raiders are gone. Only people who are left are old completionists and people who likes to pick flowers on empty quest hubs, such as yourself. Always fun to watch when you decide to make a fool out of yourself when you dismiss other people with your lack of knowledge Keep it coming.

    'Utility skill is removed because it was causing skill bloat'. Such wise words from a useless player.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    They removed skill bloat. I know you probably can't fully comprehend the necessity of doing so, therefore you cry that they are missing. I assure you it was a much needed change, kid.
    If you didn't realise when the "Don't Fall To..." skills were needed then you clearly are a bad RK .. I guess you probably never got past Durchest (as an example of an early use of one of these) or else your raid members suffered due to your poor playing of an RK.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluvien View Post
    What bothers me more is - as JEAUX_Lotro wrote- that RKs just get minor fixes with U12.x. It's ok when a class isn't 100% perfect after a change in the system, but then it would be nice to see those issues fixed faster than in half a year.
    ^^ This is the sort of thing that really irks me, too. From the implementation of HD onward, it seems I see or hear about one thing in beta, and then something totally different goes live. It seems like code gets 'lost' or broken a lot too. The scaled Sustenance heal with SB worked in beta, but doesn't work live. And months later, it still doesn't work live. I just can't help but think to myself "oh no, not again" every time I hear Turbine is planning on doing any kind of major update because it seems that with each such update, months of fixes follow.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze
    RK has lost a very good utility for group play, incoming +5% damage or +3% critical chance was almost good as a burglar buff. Utility skill is not a skill bloat.
    I 100% agree. I think you are getting a little too angry. Let me try explain myself a little better, in a calm and civilized manner to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze
    Seriously, RK has become a very weak and dull class.
    I disagreed with this portion of what you said, not about the need for a utility skill.

    I think that having to use a fire skill, ex. [writ of fire], in order to place another skill that provided a +5% incoming damage debuff on an NPC was poor design and am glad its gone.

    HOWEVER, I agree that it would be nice for us to have some good utility for group play and would like to see some of these things come back in some form. BUT, I don't think they should just return a skill that they took away. I would love to see something like this built in Concession and Rebuttal or into a trait tree, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar
    If you didn't realise when the "Don't Fall To..." skills were needed then you clearly are a bad RK .. I guess you probably never got past Durchest (as an example of an early use of one of these) or else your raid members suffered due to your poor playing of an RK.
    Rage posts like these get no where. When I see a thread saying "You ruined the RK class!" or "The RK is so dull no one plays it everyone's quitting", etc etc. I just laugh. Again I will address your rage post with calm thoughts and opinions. I do and did realize the necessity of skills like "Do not fall" for fights like Durchest, the moors, etc.

    That being said we had "Do not fall to fire", "Do not fall to poison", "There weapons shall not harm", "That which shall not kill us (sp?)", "Do not fall this day".

    That's 4 skills that essentially were in place to prevent harm/death to ourselves or a group. I get it, we are missing some of these utility skills that made the RK class handy and nice for group play. However, I don't think returning these skills to our bar is a good thing, because now that we have to spec down trait trees, I believe the understanding is "You can't be a jack of all trades" but instead have to trait for a specific encounter.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    That being said we had "Do not fall to fire", "Do not fall to poison", "There weapons shall not harm", "That which shall not kill us (sp?)", "Do not fall this day".

    That's 4 skills that essentially were in place to prevent harm/death to ourselves or a group. I get it, we are missing some of these utility skills that made the RK class handy and nice for group play. However, I don't think returning these skills to our bar is a good thing, because now that we have to spec down trait trees, I believe the understanding is "You can't be a jack of all trades" but instead have to trait for a specific encounter.
    Wow, no wonder some people believed there was skill bloat. Let me fix those for you:

    Do Not Fall To (Affinity) - did in fact require you to cast the correct skill in advance of this one

    Their Weapon Shall Not Harm us - Poison & Wound resistance (no longer an independent poison skill)

    That Which Does Not Kill Us - Legendary Trait only available in BOP line

    So, I guess we should all be happy we still have Do Not Fall This Day - the worst Rez ever for a Primary Healer as it is today.

    Yea, I feel better about that.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    That being said we had "Do not fall to fire", "Do not fall to poison", "There weapons shall not harm", "That which shall not kill us (sp?)", "Do not fall this day".

    That's 4 skills that essentially were in place to prevent harm/death to ourselves or a group. I get it, we are missing some of these utility skills that made the RK class handy and nice for group play. However, I don't think returning these skills to our bar is a good thing, because now that we have to spec down trait trees, I believe the understanding is "You can't be a jack of all trades" but instead have to trait for a specific encounter.
    I don't see where removing skills that reduce damage from a specific source and replacing them all with one skill that can block all of these sources of damage on its own reduces RK of being a "Jack of all trades". It actually makes the class more a "Jack of all trades".

    When I first read about the class revamp, where it was explained this was being done to make the classes feel and play more specific, I interpreted this as removing the ability for classes that could just do everything and/or made other classes obsolete. For instance, certain instances could be healed by a Warden using his fellowship heals for the group and his selfheals to sustain, effectively eliminating the need for a healer. Or champions, tanking some instances just the same as a Warden or Guardian could, while dishing out way more damage than these two classes ever could. Or Lore-masters, who could pretty much do damage, heal and CC all at the same time. (Funny though, HD made LMs better at CCing while healing and dealing damage, but that's not the point of my post.) This, to me, is what they meant with classes being a "Jack of all trades".

    For the RK, we are not forced into a single traitline any more than we were pre-HD, since we always went deep blue when we wanted to be a pure healer. Still, they took away the skills that defined the way the RK heals, our damage reductions. You had to use the right damage reduction at the right time, which meant getting your affinity right at the right moment and timing your cooldowns.
    I agree the last iteration of the affinity system was very clunky, especially since Fire and Frost had no fast skills to quickly swap affinity, and Rune-sign of Fire being horrible while Fall to Fire being amazing.
    However, right now I would prefer to go back to that system compared to what we currently have. It meant there was always something to do. If there is a part of the fight where we could manage with just WoH on the group, we could focus on getting buffs out. In DPS races with high incoming damage, you constantly had to make a choice, for example to either keep healing for safety or take a chance and quickly swap affinity for Fall to Fire.
    With HD, all we get to do is heal. There is nothing else we can do, bar traiting hybrid and occasionally throw a few low damage lightning skills on a target.

    HD basically did the same for my Minstrel. I used to play mini traited 4 yellow, 3 blue. The challenge for me was to keep as many Anthems running on my group while keeping them alive at the same time. If my group played well I still had my Anthem rotation to keep me busy. If my group needed more heals I could always sacrifice an anthem from my rotation to do more heals. It was my personal goal every run of getting at least 4 anthems active the whole fight, sometimes managing 5 if I was really on top of my game and paying attention.
    Now with the new trait system, it's not even possible to use more than 3 anthems at the same time, and for that you have to go into a yellow line that makes you bad at healing and bad at DPS, while giving buffs to your group. If you actually want to heal, you go blue, leaving you with just one active anthem at a time and stand around spamming Bolster Courage all day. The only difference from the RK here, is that you actually have a damage buff for your group, even if it's just the one anthem.

    That is what I think bothers most RKs right now, HD took away our reliable damage reduction, took away our offensive buffs, and gave minstrels far superior HPS while letting them keep at least one of their offensive buffs. Sure, we have the ground targeted bubble that goes on everything in range, but this isn't exactly interesting gameplay compared to the old damage reduction buffs where you actually had to think of what skill to use prior to big damage coming in. Now the reaction is always: "Throw bubble".

    HD took two completely different and interesting healing classes, and made both of them heal-spam bots. They weren't "Jacks of all trades", all they did was heal and add utility. They didn't tank everything while healing, or did tons of damage while healing, they healed and made the group better at what they did. Which to me is the whole point of being in a group in an MMO, making each other better at what you do.
    I don't even play my minstrel anymore, and I really want some of the utility back for my RK. Bringing back Fall to our Wrath would definitely be a good thing.
    Characters: Tindillin (100 Rank 7 Rune-keeper), Arnillion (95 Rank 4 Hunter) on Evernight

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    Wow, no wonder some people believed there was skill bloat. Let me fix those for you:

    Do Not Fall To (Affinity) - did in fact require you to cast the correct skill in advance of this one

    Their Weapon Shall Not Harm us - Poison & Wound resistance (no longer an independent poison skill)

    That Which Does Not Kill Us - Legendary Trait only available in BOP line

    So, I guess we should all be happy we still have Do Not Fall This Day - the worst Rez ever for a Primary Healer as it is today.

    Yea, I feel better about that.
    Honestly I don't commit the exact names of skills of a runekeeper-of-old in Lotro world to memory, but thanks for the fixes.

    I'm starting to lose what some of yall's points are? I agree the RK is in need of tweeking (Do not fall this day for example) and in need of some utility additions and this is hopefully coming in U13.

    Am I to believe some of you wish turbine to bring back most of the skills back from RoR? Thanks but no thanks, I prefer fewer more meaningful skills than a plethora of skills that for the most part went unused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kortaan
    essay
    Sorry didn't read your 1/2 page word document of a post. I assume you just stated your opinion of whats wrong with the runekeeper (probably the exact same things that have been said ad-nauseam) and why you feel cheated. Ammirite?
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Am I to believe some of you wish turbine to bring back most of the skills back from RoR? Thanks but no thanks, I prefer fewer more meaningful skills than a plethora of skills that for the most part went unused.
    For sure we need some of the Visions & Foretelling skills returned - and returned at the levels where they start to be needed.

    We also need a reshuffle of some key healing skills so it is possible for a DPS traited RK to step in if needed as a healer (WoH a Basic Skill and Rousing Words a skill no deeper than line 3 of the BoP tree). We can no longer "Deal Damage AND Heal Allies", it is one or the other.

    Speaking only for myself, I would be fine with no new skills from level 96 ~ 105 if we would get these kinds of changes. It was the wholesale slice & Dice of skills with apparently no thought about RK mechanics that I see as the most egregious mistake made with the RK revamp. Perhaps people who view those skills as ones that were unused just never did any content were those skills made a difference.
    Last edited by JeauxLOTR; Feb 12 2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    possible for a DPS traited RK to step in if needed as a healer (WoH a Basic Skill and Rousing Words a skill no deeper than line 3 of the BoP tree). We can no longer "Deal Damage AND Heal Allies", it is one or the other.
    In RoR you could trait certain BoP traits to improve your healing at the expense of dps, allowing an RK to, as you said, "DPS trait and step in if needed as a healer". This meant you weren't brought as a top end dps'er or a full time healer, but more of a augmenter.

    Traiting completely in each line in RoR allowed for an RK to step in as a full time healer or a top end dps'er.

    This has not changed with the trait tree's in HD, so I don't understand what you are complaining about. You know that you can spec into the blue tree line and spend points into yellow line and therefore retain skills like scribes spark and ceaseless argument right? This allows you to "Deal Damage AND Heal Allies", though with the content the way it is(easy), I don't know why you want this.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR
    It was the wholesale slice & Dice of skills with apparently no thought about RK mechanics that I see as the most egregious mistake made with the RK revamp. Perhaps people who view those skills as ones that were unused just never did any content were those skills made a difference.
    OMGosh second person to make a reference that because I disagree with them and thought the removal of certain skills was for the greater good....that must mean I never did content that required those skills!! You are so clever.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    In RoR you could trait certain BoP traits to improve your healing at the expense of dps, allowing an RK to, as you said, "DPS trait and step in if needed as a healer". This meant you weren't brought as a top end dps'er or a full time healer, but more of a augmenter.

    Traiting completely in each line in RoR allowed for an RK to step in as a full time healer or a top end dps'er.

    This has not changed with the trait tree's in HD, so I don't understand what you are complaining about. You know that you can spec into the blue tree line and spend points into yellow line and therefore retain skills like scribes spark and ceaseless argument right?
    This has changed with HD because skills are gated by trees vice attunement. Might as well be the master of the obvious. The complaint here is about what you call the augmenter. Blue line spec would be a main healer. A back up healer would be more like: You know that you can spec into the yellow line and spend points into blue line and therefore retain skills like healing runestone and mending verse right? Try healing with that set up.

    I do like the trait trees but do not like the blue line skill changes or skill locations in the trees. Hopefully some of the suggestions in the @jinjaah thread will be implemented in update 13.
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DMagius
    A back up healer would be more like: You know that you can spec into the yellow line and spend points into blue line and therefore retain skills like healing runestone and mending verse right? Try healing with that set up.
    So we are talking about being a back up healer right? A back up healer would be someone that can provide some heals while also providing some dps right? If we can't agree on this then I think this conversation is hopeless.

    So if you're a backup healer you can do 1 of 2 things:

    a.) Specialize in the blue line, but spend a decent amount of points into yellow.
    b.) Specialize in the yellow line, but spend a decent amount of points into blue.

    In option a. you will do slightly less dps with slightly more back up healing
    In option b. you will do slightly more dps with slightly less back up healing

    My first question to you is: How is this overall outcome of being a "backup healer" any different now in HD than in RoR?
    My second question to you is: What craptastic people do you play with that these unbelievably easy instances would ever require traiting like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMagius View Post
    The complaint here is about what you call the augmenter. Blue line spec would be a main healer.
    You might as well be the master of the obvious.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    So we are talking about being a back up healer right? A back up healer would be someone that can provide some heals while also providing some dps right? If we can't agree on this then I think this conversation is hopeless.

    So if you're a backup healer you can do 1 of 2 things:

    a.) Specialize in the blue line, but spend a decent amount of points into yellow.
    b.) Specialize in the yellow line, but spend a decent amount of points into blue.

    In option a. you will do slightly less dps with slightly more back up healing
    In option b. you will do slightly more dps with slightly less back up healing

    My first question to you is: How is this overall outcome of being a "backup healer" any different now in HD than in RoR?
    My second question to you is: What craptastic people do you play with that these unbelievably easy instances would ever require traiting like this?



    You might as well be the master of the obvious.
    Exactly what I said. You mentioned option a and not option b in your post. And you didnt mention fire rk either. If you trait yellow or red and spend all points in blue who would do that) you still do not have access to all healing skills, not even watered down versions. I think the skills should at least be available.

    First question is simple. Overall outcome is just an easy I win button. I have never had to fill in as back up in ror or hd. I am actually ok with the heal/damage being separate. That fits my playstyle better. Yes it is utility loss but I prefer to focus on one or the other with minor abilities in the opposite. But there are vast differences in RoR compared to HD. That is obvious. The means of achieving the outcome is important. They can give us one powerful skill to click and still achieve the same overall outcome. I would prefer a less clunky better designed blue line that is scaled to content. As for dps, I would prefer WoH over mv and it is not available if in yellow or red line. Not even watered down versions. If that is what turbine wants, so be it. But they are revising and I am not going to tell them the rk setup is great just because pve content is way too easy. I would like to see changes.

    Second is a no thought l2p statement. Almost all instances are now a joke requiring no healer. That is a seperate issue altogether that will hopefully get fixed. You have to undergear to test out pve content. The only challenging content is moors raid/groups. I only heal there if requested because I dont like the new healing rotations. I have to heal kite while trying to ground target and pause for inductions. Writs used to be available instant on the move as did mv when sprinting. There are plenty other things mentioned in @jinjaah thread.

    You seem to be focused only on hps and saying people need to l2p while most others are focused on the trait trees/skill changes and how to improve the design of class.
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DMagius
    You seem to be focused only on hps and saying people need to l2p while most others are focused on the trait trees/skill changes and how to improve the design of class
    Some of these Rk's need to be told the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    For sure we need some of the Visions & Foretelling skills returned - and returned at the levels where they start to be needed.
    This is more of what I was addressing: The idea that the same skills we had in RoR simply need to be returned to us is a horrible, terrible idea.

    Does blue line need tweeking? Yes
    Do we need the exact same skills to be returned so we have skill bloat again? No

    Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze
    Seriously, RK has become a very weak and dull class. Fall to flame 5% incoming damage debuff was awesome for group play. You removed-limited so many good skills now only people who appreciate this class is people who have never played RK as main before, or people on low lvl toons.
    Posts like this is what I feel compelled to tell people to L2P. We need more utility, agreed, we do not need Fall to flame to come back and the RK is a very strong exciting class. Just because some flavor of the month'ers don't like change and don't have a single unique thought in their head, doesn't mean we all don't.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  25. #25

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post



    Do we need the exact same skills to be returned so we have skill bloat again? No


    I'm just curious how you can talk about a return to skill bloat when 6 NEW skills were created with this new system, 8 if you count the new runestones. While I no longer play because of these changes, I do check back to see if a decision to recant them has been made.

    I am glad you enjoy them. I hope enough RKs do to justify Developer time on the class.

    Davea
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000172a8d/01006/signature.png]Davea[/charsig]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload