We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Intruments - Leave your Sugestion Here

I was amazed about the intruments when i started playing this game, but there is a lack of instruments that i dont know a reason that aren't in the game
    My suggestion is a Violin

Last time they added a new instrument, it was the Pibgorn, and to this day I am still convinced it is actually a torture device from the Middle Ages.

But yeah, violin sounds decent. The fiddle I would really love.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I think the instruments all sound pretty dull.

If you want to get into virtual online music make it so You can stream a internet radio station inside your home,

Like a shoutcast radio stream, then you can stream live music via your shoutcast server into your house and do karaoke performances, live high definition classical music, folk music.

But yeah adding more instruments and correct synth sounds similar to what they have in programs like reason would be better,

Here are alot of medieval instruments demonstrated by this fabulous guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_FNALehDgQ&feature=plcp plucked strings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6n_...feature=relmfu bowed instruments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hv5w...feature=relmfu bagpipes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9czt...hannel&list=UL flutes

Quote Originally Posted by Dyathus View Post
    I was amazed about the intruments when i started playing this game, but there is a lack of instruments that i dont know a reason that aren't in the game
    Fiddle, rather. And we reckon the lack of that is down to animations rather than anything else.

fiddle is same as violin

Though I am all for new instruments, violin, fiddle an actual drum (current drum looks more like something out of a haberdashery magazine - it isn't hollow - how does it drum, drum, drum?).

In regards to the Minstrel use of instruments:

I think first the developers need to spend a little more time adding sounds however. I really wanted to use the harp when I first made my Minstrel, but the combat music implementation is just so very poor. A ballad is just two or three strings 'plucked' before the whole instrument is put away, only to be pulled out again, only to be put away again. Songs like Bolster Courage barely make any noteworthy sound, and again the instrument has to be brought out/put away every few seconds.

This is likely because they only have half a second or so to work with for sound/animations. With this in mind I doubt we'll be seeing any interesting instruments. What'll they do for a violin and a ballad? Whip it out, one 'pluck' and then put it away again?

For the music system a violin would be great, something that hangs on notes like a horn but less jarring.

In the same vein, I'd love to be able to use our own chords for the ballads. Wouldn't that be awesome? SOmething like music stance for Minstrels where we can choose what major, minor, perfect ballad sound like.

Dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by azdude44 View Post
    fiddle is same as violin
    Medieval-style fiddles weren't quite the same as modern violins (not as sophisticated, which shouldn't come as a surprise). Sounded a bit different, too.

Here's a sample:

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Though I am all for new instruments, violin, fiddle an actual drum (current drum looks more like something out of a haberdashery magazine - it isn't hollow - how does it drum, drum, drum?).
    It's pretty much a bodhran, some examples of which you can see here.

Now as for instruments...

There's the lyre, theremin, sousaphone, and anvil.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

It's interesting to note that instruments used in Medieval Europe (the Middle Ages) have roots to other cultures. I think one would have to watch a few of these wonderful examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKxdCSbAtOE&feature=plcp
    [CENTER][I]Mephistopholes - Level 100 Champion (Focus: Tank)
    ~Never Alone~[/I][/CENTER]

I'd personally like to see some sort of handbell, though a fiddle would be cool too. What's more it'd be great if they could allow us to play music while moving, or while using skills so Minis can play actual songs during a fight instead of random bits and pieces.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000094dc4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Now as for instruments...

... theremin ...
    Something tells me Middle-earth has yet to invent the thermionic valve...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Last time they added a new instrument, it was the Pibgorn, and to this day I am still convinced it is actually a torture device from the Middle Ages.
    I, for one, adore the pibgorn (when played well)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000877f5/signature.png]Sigebert[/charsig]

Instruments*

In addition to what I posted earlier, I think it's high-time that Turbine added more instruments for the purpose of entertainment, but be aware that they should be within suitable parameters. A violin is too modern for LOTRO, but a fiddle would suffice since it's a folk instrument.
    [CENTER][I]Mephistopholes - Level 100 Champion (Focus: Tank)
    ~Never Alone~[/I][/CENTER]

Thumbs up

I expect that a trumpet could be very nice addition to set of instruments.
    It's quite ancient and was happily used throughout our middle ages.
    Here's some pic I've found of an ancient trumpet Inca of Peru used:
    Last edited by Nicailel; Oct 14 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: mistype
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000022c04c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Tambourines!

(and I'm STILL mad the pibgorn will be unleashed on every class in middle earth--BAD DEV, BAD!!)

Great bass shawm? Rankett? Pifero? Lur horn? Hurdy-gurdy?

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by azdude44 View Post
    fiddle is same as violin
    Not to a musician it's not

We need a hurdy gurdy. And a feadóg. And a koto.

I'll add a solution for the pibgorn -- auto "upgrade" all of them to air guitars. The noise problem will be fixed and we can still laugh at people playing them.

Hurdy Gurdy

That is all...
    [center][font=calibri]NELED GWAITH | OZRAID[/font][/center]
    [center][font=calibri]Berla80BRN . Falarfindel46CPT . Feaberry50HNT . Gerania100GRD . Gilauron63WDN . Gwynneth100BUR . Irraniel69CHN . Letheniel100LRM . Sylvi54RNK . Tinuanorel76MNS[/font][/center]
    [center][font=calibri][color=black]NIMRODEL |[/color] ARKENSTONE[/font][/center]

Tolkien mentioned flutes, harps, drums, and viols (essentially a fiddle). We really need a viol, a stringed instrument that is able to hold a note. Please make it so!

Am I the only one who wants a piano o.O
    I would be happy with Minstrel Instruments after level 40 since the next set is at level 60 if you have a woodworker kindred with Lorien.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Even though it's not medieval, I'd love to see the harmonica in game.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

I want a 3 octave bonang. Portability may not be all that great, maybe I'll need a seventh bag ...

More seriously, both a bowed string instrument of the violin family and something trumpet-ish sounds good to me. But I didn't suggest the bonang as a complete joke, some kind of tuned percussion would be awesome.
    Last edited by Phede; Oct 16 2012 at 06:23 AM.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

I'm not sure why there's not a violin in the game. Maybe it wouldn't sound great, but I still think it would be nice to have the option (I mean, nothing could sound worse than a pibgorn, right?)

Surprisingly pibgorns sound pretty good when a song is created for them. Otherwise vuvezeula (sp) comes to mind.

Yes a violin would be a wonderful thing to have for music.

I think the reason there are no new instruments is that the dev who dreamed up the music system is no longer around and no one else wants to tackle it.

Could always suggest a Glockenspiel. I'm not sure how it'd actually harm an enemy though. Hit it with metal mallets and blow their eardrums out?? LOL
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg